Play Along Songs

I've been learning to play the guitar for about 18 months now but unfortunately because of the easy to get internet lessons I have never really had any real urge to try and learn songs through listening to them but that has now changed :) Now personally I don't think bands such as Led Zeppelin are great for someone like me trying to interpret their songs. So are there any songs or bands that anyone recommends someone like me trying to figure out and play along to? And I have both an electric and acoustic guitar.

I've been learning to play the guitar for about 18 months now but unfortunately because of the easy to get internet lessons I have never really had any real urge to try and learn songs through listening to them but that has now changed :) Now personally I don't think bands such as Led Zeppelin are great for someone like me trying to interpret their songs. So are there any songs or bands that anyone recommends someone like me trying to figure out and play along to? And I have both an electric and acoustic guitar.

I disagree. When I was first teaching myself, I learned alot of Zep songs by listening to them. You'll have fun. Just don't go for the ones with alternate tunings at first.

Archived