Soap Opera's and Talk shows

silvermedalist

I always thought it was interesting when in the movie "The Edge" Anthony Hopkins, playing a billionaire stranded in the wilderness with Alex Baldwin says, "when I get home I am going to change my life. I have never known anyone that really changed their life?" I guess its easier said than done?

How about the woman who wrote the Harry Potter books? How about The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Eagles, Bill Gates, Jethro Tull? Please go apply for a job on Monday, it will take your mind off of all this soap opera nonsense.

Put me down as one that agrees. Very well put. She is holier than thou.

Look who all of a sudden is the expert on chat room behavior. Leave Electrophile alone. How dare you critique her, when all you do is talk trash to everybody(read your first post in this thread). You've been booted off of here a dozen time AND you are close alley of another person who has been booted off of here countless times. I stopped coming here because of people like you. Now you are still up to your BS and unfortunately the moderators allow you to misbehave.

It's okay, I now frequent chat boards that TALK ABOUT MUSIC. When is the last time you posted a music related post?

Hey JT, it's cool. I appreciate the defense, but if Rick and his buddies want to shit-talk me all over the board, even when I've asked several times for them to stop harassing me, even going so far as to ask for a moderator intervention on the issue, they're going to do it. Clearly they don't give a shit about how it makes them look, so if they don't care, I don't care.

Again though, thank you.

Hey JT, it's cool. I appreciate the defense, but if Rick and his buddies want to shit-talk me all over the board, even when I've asked several times for them to stop harassing me, even going so far as to ask for a moderator intervention on the issue, they're going to do it. Clearly they don't give a shit about how it makes them look, so if they don't care, I don't care.

Again though, thank you.

Gee Liz. Now JT is your buddy? You should chose your friends more carefully. You are lying about the harrasment and using it as a ploy to try and get people like me outed. This is a deliberate attempt to provoke the moderators and you know it. Stop your lies. You have been the nasty one from the start. I don't know about your relationship with these others, but where I am concerned alof of anger and hostility for no damn reason,. Come down off your pedestal and try and be real.

Hi Brad,all,

PS. sorry if I was off topic. Please, back to what everyone was discussing before.

If the powers that be will allow it, maybe a fun and hopefully harmless thread could be started on- Led Zeppelin.com : The Soap Opera. :P

Back on topic,SO's were just that------entertainment, nothing more.

KB

Hi Brad,all,

If the powers that be will allow it, maybe a fun and hopefully harmless thread could be started on- Led Zeppelin.com : The Soap Opera. :P

Back on topic,SO's were just that------entertainment, nothing more.

KB

Hi Kev,

We don't need a Soap Opera mate, we live it every day. :lol:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Wow people, this thread may turn tragic for some. Be careful. The ratings may take this off the air. Hate to see a cancellation or some of these characters killed off.

Everyone has guilty pleasures. If it brings happiness to watch soaps, talk shows or reality shows, then go for it. I have no problem with people watching their favorite show even if it doesn't appeal to me. Some seem over to top to me, but people are attracted to these types of shows.

My current guilty pleasures: Dancing with the Stars

The Next Food Network Star

The Next Design Star

I do watch Project Runway only because my daughter watches it and wants me to watch with her, as she watches the ones I like with me.

Look who all of a sudden is the expert on chat room behavior. Leave Electrophile alone. How dare you critique her, when all you do is talk trash to everybody(read your first post in this thread). You've been booted off of here a dozen time AND you are close alley of another person who has been booted off of here countless times. I stopped coming here because of people like you. Now you are still up to your BS and unfortunately the moderators allow you to misbehave.

It's okay, I now frequent chat boards that TALK ABOUT MUSIC. When is the last time you posted a music related post?

Just the other day you dip shit

Incidentally, regarding all your condescending remarks about residents of the state of North Carolina. There are more hip/happening places in North Carolina than in Rochester, NY. That's a fact.

As has been your mode of operation for three plus years, you NEVER fully address the countless criticisms against you. I'll repeat it again, you've been banned from here countless times. There is a reason for that.

What's wrong with North Carolina? Sure it's hotter than Satan's taint here during the summer (at least this year), but it also has great barbecue and a beautiful coastline. I wouldn't say it's better than my hometown, but it's not hell either. I'm not Southern anyway, so I'm not sure what that was all about.

I always thought it was interesting when in the movie "The Edge" Anthony Hopkins, playing a billionaire stranded in the wilderness with Alex Baldwin says, "when I get home I am going to change my life. I have never known anyone that really changed their life?" I guess its easier said than done?

Yes it is. Bad habits are difficult to break and takes will power and repeated effort to change something into a good habit.

I watched Oprah on my afternoon breaks at work, that is, when no customers were in the waiting lounge. Some don't care for her but she has a good heart and I am going to miss our afternoons. On a good note though, Dr. Oz is going to be taking that time slot. I like him. Maybe he will inspire me to make some beneficial lifestyle changes.

This has always been one of my favorite segments from Married With Children:

Wow people, this thread may turn tragic for some. Be careful. The ratings may take this off the air. Hate to see a cancellation or some of these characters killed off.

Everyone has guilty pleasures. If it brings happiness to watch soaps, talk shows or reality shows, then go for it. I have no problem with people watching their favorite show even if it doesn't appeal to me. Some seem over to top to me, but people are attracted to these types of shows.

My current guilty pleasures: Dancing with the Stars

The Next Food Network Star

The Next Design Star

I do watch Project Runway only because my daughter watches it and wants me to watch with her, as she watches the ones I like with me.

Mine are So You Think You Can Dance (which I don't really feel that guilty about, other than getting excited when Mary Murphy screams and puts someone on the Hot Tamale Train!! :lol: )

And my latest: Swamp People :bagoverhead: No explanation for that one; watched one episode and was hooked.

Now now. Why? Those hottie Latino's? Agree they are smokin. :veryhot:

Actually, the show is nothing like the Mexican novellas we get here. I would describe it as a Catalan version of Coronation Street (this description is based on a one minute clip I saw online)

One soap opera was "must see tv" only because my college buddies and I would start gambling pools to see who would do who next or what disaster would hit a key member of the cast. I wasn't a very good college student really........

Days Of Our Lives............

One soap opera was "must see tv" only because my college buddies and I would start gambling pools to see who would do who next or what disaster would hit a key member of the cast. I wasn't a very good college student really........

Days Of Our Lives............

Speaking of which, I've heard that DOOL is being revamped. A lot of old characters are returning and they are adding a new set.

I'm definitely going to start watching again.

I love the Days of Our Lives opening theme song. It's simple and classic.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone really and truly change their life?

Wow, I am surprised to see such pessimism from you, silvermedalist...you who shows such eternal optimism in the Bills/Sabres chances season after brutal season.

I can assure you that it is possible to truly change your life. First, and most important, you have to really WANT to change your life.

I can give you two local examples that I have witnessed with my own eyes: John Frusciante and Bob Forrest. Both these guys literally had one foot in the grave in the 90s. The deplorable state I saw John in I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Now to see where these cats are at and how far they have come, nobody can ever tell me a person cannot change their life.

^^^^^Brad, does your friend's daughter want to change or is she afraid to change? Does she have any single friends that she can share an apartment with? She sounds like she is a bit scared of making a life of her own. That is a hard situation because she is at an age when all of her friends either have boyfriends or husbands and they have moved on with their lives. Her parents need to sit her down and tell her where her life should be, what it could be and how she needs to make that happen. Easier said than done though.

Speaking of which, I've heard that DOOL is being revamped. A lot of old characters are returning and they are adding a new set.

I'm definitely going to start watching again.

I love the Days of Our Lives opening theme song. It's simple and classic.

You know you are a soap fan when you know the abbreviations ;) DOOL, ATWT, GL, OLTL, etc. I used to subscribe to Soap Opera Digest :bagoverhead: Haven't gotten it in probably 10 years or more, and the print quality now is terrible (was flipping through one at the Wal Mart checkout line recently). But it's always fun to spot a former soap star on other tv shows or in the movies :)

Archived