The Story Remains The Same.

I wrote a Zep story years ago and shared it on this message board. It was called "The Dumbwaiter," and I remember someone asked if it really happened. :D Yeah, if there's a Zep fiction thread somewhere on here, I might write something quick. Have you anything to share, Miss Danielle Andrea?

EDIT: Oh! I remember I wrote another one called "The Pageholder," which was about a jealous fight between Jimmy Page and Tori Amos over Robert. (Jimmy won.)

I wrote a Zep story years ago and shared it on this message board. It was called "The Dumbwaiter," and I remember someone asked if it really happened. :D Yeah, if there's a Zep fiction thread somewhere on here, I might write something quick. Have you anything to share, Miss Danielle Andrea?

EDIT: Oh! I remember I wrote another one called "The Pageholder," which was about a jealous fight between Jimmy Page and Tori Amos over Robert. (Jimmy won.)

Ah, sounds brilliant. Do you have a link? I would love to read it!

Yes, actually, there is something I wrote but the story has 3 parts to it. Haha, I'll have to make up something shorter in the near future. :P The short stories I wrote are based upon different name characters for Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in medieval times. So if it's ever published one day, no one will know I actually had in mind Led Zeppelin. Baha ! ;) (Except for Led Zeppelin Forums now, of course.)

Thanks for posting.

There is a Zep fiction thread. It was created for a fictional tour (since we will never have one in reallity)

There is a Zep fiction thread. It was created for a fictional tour (since we will never have one in reallity)

http://forums.ledzep...r/page__st__420

I've seen that thread! I can't read it too much, because it makes me excited and then sad. I mean, I'm all for supporting whatever Robert wants to do, and I love Americana, so his music now is fine with me. But seeing Zep live? Even now when they're in their 60s? Without Bonzo? It wouldn't be the same thing -- it might even be near-grievous to see a different drummer behind them -- but the thought of it drives my mind crazy. :( That thread is powerful -- at least to me. (And well-done, by the way.)

Ah, sounds brilliant. Do you have a link? I would love to read it!

Yes, actually, there is something I wrote but the story has 3 parts to it. Haha, I'll have to make up something shorter in the near future. :P The short stories I wrote are based upon different name characters for Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in medieval times. So if it's ever published one day, no one will know I actually had in mind Led Zeppelin. Baha ! ;) (Except for Led Zeppelin Forums now, of course.)

Thanks for posting.

No, I lost that story a long time ago and then just recently found it yesterday on my hard drive. It's cute. Two-and-a-half pages. But I don't know if I wanna share it with the world again. I can PM it to you if you'd like, though. :)

Y'know, I've been writing loads of stuff for years, and every so often I would use a real person as a basis for character, and I can't think of any of those projects ever working out in the end. I don't know why. Like, if I used Jimmy as the model for a main character in a story, the story probably wouldn't work. I'm sure it has something to do with my brain!

I was thinking about putting Robert into a novel I'm writing now as an obscure minor character. But if I was gonna do that, I'd wanna use his real name: "Robert Plant." But with a different middle name, like "Eugene" or something. He'd be in his sixties like he is now, but he wouldn't be a singer. I think he'd be ex-military -- someone who'd seen the world. He'd be British, settled in Lexington, Kentucky, around the year 1800, married to an Indian woman (Shawnee.) Horse breeder. Friend to the English merchants who used to sail down the Ohio and dupe the rubes in the backcountry into buying out-of-style Delft. :lol: Ah! It's nice to talk about my fiction, because I don't talk to anyone else about it. If no one read this, that's just fine. It felt good to type.

Wow, I'm ramblin' today.

Archived