69 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite scene?

• Mob Rubout / Country Life / New York
    • Rock & Roll
    • Black Dog
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • No Quarter
    • The Song Remains The Same
    • The Rain Song (including Fire And Sword and Capturing The Castle)
    • Dazed And Confused (including Strung Out, Magic In The Night and Gate Crasher)
    • No Comment / Stairway To Heaven
    • Moby Dick
    • Heartbreaker
    • Whole Lotta Love

The Rain Song

<---- Ahem, I wonder why?

Agree...the wide camera shot of Robert riding the horse over the mountains with jimmy's sweet guitar in the background...and when Robert looks into the camera before the sequence ends...whoa baby!! Those send me!!

Agree...the wide camera shot of Robert riding the horse over the mountains with jimmy's sweet guitar in the background...and when Robert looks into the camera before the sequence ends...whoa baby!! Those send me!!

Definitely have to agree with both of you there. :D So. Amazing. Gives me chills every time... :)

I vote for Dazed and Confused. It once again proves that Jimmy Page is Master of the Guitar. His fingers speed up and down the frets at amazing speeds and he has tremendous stage prescence. Bonzo and Jonesy keep the song moving along at a furious speed.

I love this film--must I say more? (:

I vote for Dazed and Confused. It once again proves that Jimmy Page is Master of the Guitar. His fingers speed up and down the frets at amazing speeds and he has tremendous stage prescence. Bonzo and Jonesy keep the song moving along at a furious speed.

You are quite right, Jimmy was INCREDIBLE in Dazed And Confused, no two ways about it; however, the reason I voted for The Rain Song (other than my gigantic crush on Robert) is the feeling of peaceful power they create during the song... It's also a fine piece of evidence that Jimmy Page is Master of Guitar, because not only can he play unbelievable riffs at lightning speed, but he can also create slow and soothing masterpieces such as this one. Also, this song also nicely proves that Robert Plant is the Master of Vocals, as it displays his incredible range. Plus, John Paul Jones' work with his keyboard(s) and John Bonham's drumming adds to the quiet, peaceful power that the song emanates. And please note that I'm not trying to spark an argument on which of the two is better; we all know that it's very difficult to be greater than the greatest, and as everything Led Zeppelin is the greatest, it would be a circulatory and very confusing argument. :)

Black Dog when the cam is right next to Jonsey during the solo.

Since I've Been Loving You when the cam is really close to Jimmy's hands.

I love in STH when Robert plant says "When all is one, and one is all." both Robert and Jimmy raise their fingers.

Rock And Roll with Jimmy jumping.

Dazed And Confused, right before the San Francisco part, JPJ and Bonzo having a chat and laugh.

Whole Lotta Love, everything.

Sweet baby! Don't I know it.

Well since we are getting a bit "girly" about the movie, I will admit that one of my favorite scenes involves Jimmy shaking his small sweet backside to Dazed and Confused toward the end of the song. Perfection personified. wub.gif

Trying to remember...are you talking about when he points the guitar out to the crowd and plays that funky riff...just before Robert yells "Do it!" ?

And yes...it's getting quite "girly" in here. :)

I find it very difficult to pick a favorite scene in the "Song Remains the Same".

However, I will say that there are two quick scenes that are very intriguing. Both during "Stairway to Heaven".

1. When Robert sings the line, "and sometimes words have to meanings", he raises both hands, arm level, and uses both hands to make the "two" sign and then immediately moves both hand back and forth (as in front and back or forward and backward).

2. When Robert sings the line, "the Piper's calling you to join him", the camera shot is on Roberts left and Robert using his right arm and finger to go over his head and point downward.

Very compelling stuff that probably still goes over alot of peoples heads. That is if you have never really paid very close attention to alot of the very minor (or major) symbolism that are very constant throughout this movie.

If You have no idea what I am talking about, put in your dvd copy or simply search "Stairway to Heaven"(TSRTS) on YouTube and you should be able to see what I am talking about.

Robert's smiles in Rock n Roll: The close up on Page and Plant before Robert sings the first verse, and after the second "Lonely, Lonely, Lonely, Lonely time".

Not from TSRTS, but there is an outtake of Robert kicking a vollyball into the audience, very cool! :D

The scene where the hermit waves his sword and a load of colours appear.

I was in awe after seeing that.

I love all the fantasy Sequences.

Also the First time seeing jimmy use the bow I was like HOLY SHIT.

And then realizing that Dazed was on for an extremaly long time.

I love this movie

Trying to remember...are you talking about when he points the guitar out to the crowd and plays that funky riff...just before Robert yells "Do it!" ?

I will have to go back and watch it again because it has been a couple of months since I have seen the movie. Darn, just my luck. tongue.gif

1. When Robert sings the line, "and sometimes words have to meanings", he raises both hands, arm level, and uses both hands to make the "two" sign and then immediately moves both hand back and forth (as in front and back or forward and backward).

That scene and the final line "...and she's buying..." with his howl while looking at the mic. Good gawd!

Yep, that would be the one. I just love that whole song. Jimmy's hands are amazing to watch as he goes up and down the fret.

I voted for "The Rain Song" because it's probably my overall favorite Zeppelin song, but more over, on this track it makes me feel so at ease. The fantasy sequence does nothing for me because I'm a guy with no attraction to Plant, but the feel of the song and the closing guitar with Jimmy under the lights is so good. I remember the first time I heard and saw that part, I got chills. Only Zeppelin!

Yep, that would be the one. I just love that whole song. Jimmy's hands are amazing to watch as he goes up and down the fret.

Ha! i knew it! I live for those few seconds! I can't even count how many times I've seen this movie; and it's still amazing to watch those hands move!

Ha! i knew it! I live for those few seconds! I can't even count how many times I've seen this movie; and it's still amazing to watch those hands move!

Also, during the mid-section of Whole Lotta Love right after the 50s tribute, the camera pans up from below, giving a very sexy view of Jimmy playing his guitar, hands working the neck and his sweaty face looking down. Now that's where I would like to be right now. cool.gif

• 2 months later...

I went with The Rain Song for both the song and the filming alongside it for my favorite. A beautiful sentimental all time favorite song for me (and Robert does look great)!! :)

But, I was tempted to pick No Quarter which I think easily has the most intriguing and haunting scene with JPJ and those horse riders and their......masks. Those masks scare me. :o ......Missy

• 1 year later...

Favorite scene? All the live shots of Led Zeppelin playing live! That's what TSRTS should have been - all live footage, with the camera shots being from the side, or the camera angle that's used at the start of The Song Remains The Same.

Love the scene during Dazed & Confused of cops chasing a fan that's probably trippin' balls - fits that point during the song.

Cops letting fans in at the overhead door.

All of Bonham's fantasy stuff.

Archived