Page and Plant Post Zeppelin

Now I know it is agreed amongst many people that Robert Plant has been so much more ambitious musically than Jimmy Page Post Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page has simply just done Zeppelin covers with other bands. Is it just me though but haven't most of Roberts albums just been full up of covers? I'm not really very up to date with his solo stuff because the only post Zeppelin album by any of the members I own is Outrider, which I think is brilliant. Page definitely hasn't been the most creative musician after Zeppelin but personally I find that understandable if you just don't want to release any new material for one reason or another why should you? Zeppelin definitely seems to mean more to him than the others and I really get the feeling there are very few musicians in the world he really wants to play with, all of which have their own thing going on and therefore couldn't really give their all to a project/albumwhich explains the live performances with Aerosmith and The Black Crowes etc.

So has Robert really been that much more creative than Page post Led Zeppelin or has he mostly just been singing covers with mediocre backing bands? As I say I haven't listeed to hardly any of his solo stuff but I have heard a lot about it that's all.

Now I know it is agreed amongst many people that Robert Plant has been so much more ambitious musically than Jimmy Page Post Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page has simply just done Zeppelin covers with other bands. Is it just me though but haven't most of Roberts albums just been full up of covers? I'm not really very up to date with his solo stuff because the only post Zeppelin album by any of the members I own is Outrider, which I think is brilliant. Page definitely hasn't been the most creative musician after Zeppelin but personally I find that understandable if you just don't want to release any new material for one reason or another why should you? Zeppelin definitely seems to mean more to him than the others and I really get the feeling there are very few musicians in the world he really wants to play with, all of which have their own thing going on and therefore couldn't really give their all to a project/albumwhich explains the live performances with Aerosmith and The Black Crowes etc.

So has Robert really been that much more creative than Page post Led Zeppelin or has he mostly just been singing covers with mediocre backing bands? As I say I haven't listeed to hardly any of his solo stuff but I have heard a lot about it that's all.

Next!!!!!!!!

Is it just me though but haven't most of Roberts albums just been full up of covers?

Uhmm, bullshit

As far as I know only Dreamland, Raising Sand and Band of Joy contain a majority of covers.

Pictures at eleven- no covers

Principle of moments- no covers

Shaken and stirred- no covers

Now and zen- no covers

Manic nirvana- 1 cover

Fate of Nations- 1 cover

Mighty rearranger- no covers

Feel free to check out the last 4 in the row, without prejudice, lots of great music to be found there (especially the last three give me a uhmm...grande kick)

And don't forget JPJ's Zooma....also a very underrated yet great record

Archived