New 02 rehearsals - December 5th 2007

Steve, thanks for the scans. So it's a jewel case in a slip case? I thought it was the glossy digipack that Empress Valley usually does.

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsSlipcaseFront.jpg

Cardboard slipcase (front cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsSlipcaseSide.jpg

Cardboard slipcase (sides)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsSlipcaseBack.jpg

Cardboard slipcase (back cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertFront.jpg

Four-cd jewel case (front cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertBack.jpg

Four-cd jewel case (back cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertInsideFront.jpg

Four-cd jewel case (inside front cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertInsideBack.jpg

Four-cd jewel case (inside back cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertCardFront.jpg

Insert card (front)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertCardBack.jpg

Insert card (back)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsDiscs1-2.jpg

Discs 1 & 2

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsDiscs3-4.jpg

Discs 3 & 4

Scans courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Word on the street in the Nishi-Shinjuku Bootleg district: "This one is the best...this one is complete...the Tarantura version has cuts"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NQ is really awesome! cool.gif

Yes it is, though I wish they'd have played it in its original key. I ran it through my Acid Pro and "corrected" the pitch to its original key and I tell you what, it stands up to ANY version from the 1973 tour. Definitely more energetic. As that's my favorite Zep tune, I couldn't help myself. :P

Yes it is, though I wish they'd have played it in its original key. I ran it through my Acid Pro and "corrected" the pitch to its original key and I tell you what, it stands up to ANY version from the 1973 tour. Definitely more energetic. As that's my favorite Zep tune, I couldn't help myself. :P

Can you send us that version? To know how it sounds? It could be cool to hear the other songs too (Specially Black Dog!)

• 2 weeks later...

^ taro if i had to guess, i would imagine that jimmy page has some more releases for us before his candle burns out. while playing any new music in the studio has yet to be seen his commitment and care of the zeppelin legacy and archives is his baby still. if there is any footage worth releasing it will see it's day before jp leaves this place. leaking the 02 rehearsals just adds to the story. im glad they surfaced.

^ taro if i had to guess, i would imagine that jimmy page has some more releases for us before his candle burns out. while playing any new music in the studio has yet to be seen his commitment and care of the zeppelin legacy and archives is his baby still. if there is any footage worth releasing it will see it's day before jp leaves this place. leaking the 02 rehearsals just adds to the story. im glad they surfaced.

There is a plethora of unreleased (even pro shot) material but I don't think that he'll ever release it. This depends on his predilection.

I did hear from Conneyfogle, who has a friend close to Jimmy, saying Jimmy was to release the rehearsals officially, but with the bootlegs out it's too late.

Doesn't make a lick of sense. Wasn't the vast majority, if not all of what's available on Led Zeppelin DVD already out there in bootleg form?

I swear to god.....

"incidently Jimmy was going to release the rehearsals but...... well now everyone has it, I doubt he will..he's not happy about it being leaked"

"because he was going to release them officially, he'll lose millions probably, 'cos everyone will have it by now"

I am not confirming this, or saying it's true, but this is what I heard.

Ridiculous. Not "everyone has it." Not one in 100 casual fans have it. Jimmy will cheat nobody but himself and the Ahmet Ertegun fund. But if there's not going to be an official release, I guess I'll drop $$$ for that Empress Valley set. *shrugs* Frankly, I liked the rehearsals better than the performance. Your mileage may vary.

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsSlipcaseFront.jpg

Cardboard slipcase (front cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsSlipcaseSide.jpg

Cardboard slipcase (sides)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsSlipcaseBack.jpg

Cardboard slipcase (back cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertFront.jpg

Four-cd jewel case (front cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertBack.jpg

Four-cd jewel case (back cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertInsideFront.jpg

Four-cd jewel case (inside front cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertInsideBack.jpg

Four-cd jewel case (inside back cover)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertCardFront.jpg

Insert card (front)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsInsertCardBack.jpg

Insert card (back)

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsDiscs1-2.jpg

Discs 1 & 2

LedZeppelinsSwanSongsDiscs3-4.jpg

Discs 3 & 4

Scans courtesy Steve A. Jones Archive

Word on the street in the Nishi-Shinjuku Bootleg district: "This one is the best...this one is complete...the Tarantura version has cuts"

Just got that bootleg. Really amazing.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived