Bonzo

kelch12

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

This has been my favorite picture of Bonham for a very long time.  When I look at this picture I can just feel the groove.  It's in his expression and his body language.  I can hear all the small embellishments and nuances that made him the greatest drummer of all time.

Belfast 03-05-71.jpg

Also compare it to this photo from the same show.  The uncompromisingly precise power he played with is immediately identifiable, just as his feel is.  He was an incredible, nearly incomparable talent.  Very few musicians legitimately change the world of music, and even fewer do it without being a songwriter.  Bonham did it from behind the kit in a band comprised of three immense talents, and because of that he is in a very elite group of musicians.

Belfast 03-05-71 2.jpg

On 3/6/2017 at 11:14 AM, Triplet Sixteenth said:

This has been my favorite picture of Bonham for a very long time.  When I look at this picture I can just feel the groove.  It's in his expression and his body language.  I can hear all the small embellishments and nuances that made him the greatest drummer of all time.

Belfast 03-05-71.jpg

This is a GREAT photo. Totally with you on the palpable feeling in this shot. Who knows what tune he's playing but Since I've Been Loving You feels right. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, porgie66 said:

Love this! Dig the disapproving look from the lady. Wonder if this was from the ill fated Milan gig trip? 

He had those Adidas trainers on in Milan (picture below) so it could very well be.

94480380416d594a7076c7484b5b5ef1.png

37 minutes ago, Mook said:

He had those Adidas trainers on in Milan (picture below) so it could very well be.

94480380416d594a7076c7484b5b5ef1.png

Lucky for Bonzo he was wearing those trainers in light of what would happen at the concert.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...