Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

kelch12

Bonzo

62 posts in this topic

Thanks, I have seen that one before, I was really looking for one of him playing.

No problem,I'm sure that those pics are rarer than hen's teeth and if they do exist may only be in family albums.

Jason just posted this on his facebook - it's a very cool picture

282977_10151169067809856_302375737_n.jpg

"Here 's Dad aged 16"

I can't see the photo at all. :(

This has been my favorite picture of Bonham for a very long time.  When I look at this picture I can just feel the groove.  It's in his expression and his body language.  I can hear all the small embellishments and nuances that made him the greatest drummer of all time.

Belfast 03-05-71.jpg

Also compare it to this photo from the same show.  The uncompromisingly precise power he played with is immediately identifiable, just as his feel is.  He was an incredible, nearly incomparable talent.  Very few musicians legitimately change the world of music, and even fewer do it without being a songwriter.  Bonham did it from behind the kit in a band comprised of three immense talents, and because of that he is in a very elite group of musicians.

Belfast 03-05-71 2.jpg

On 3/6/2017 at 11:14 AM, Triplet Sixteenth said:

This has been my favorite picture of Bonham for a very long time.  When I look at this picture I can just feel the groove.  It's in his expression and his body language.  I can hear all the small embellishments and nuances that made him the greatest drummer of all time.

Belfast 03-05-71.jpg

This is a GREAT photo. Totally with you on the palpable feeling in this shot. Who knows what tune he's playing but Since I've Been Loving You feels right. 

Never saw this pic before. Wonder where and when taken?

3775463798_87183ed3701.jpg

On 3/21/2017 at 10:04 PM, porgie66 said:

Never saw this pic before. Wonder where and when taken?

3775463798_87183ed3701.jpg

Looks like 1980 Tour of Europe.

Ringo and Bonzo (Sounds like a movie from the 50s!)

Ringo Starr and John Bonham.jpg