Led Zepp on iTunes

David T

Can someone please clarify if there is any difference between the remastered (by Jimmy Page) songs on iTunes and the remastered (by Jimmy Page) songs which came out in the early 90s?

I bought the 4 disc box set in 1990 and the two disc box set in 1993 and I was under the impression that these had been completely remastered. They certainly sound awesome.

But I am now confused as I hear they have been re-re-mastered! So the question is, should I part with £59 to buy the back catalogue on iTunes?

Can someone please clarify if there is any difference between the remastered (by Jimmy Page) songs on iTunes and the remastered (by Jimmy Page) songs which came out in the early 90s?

I bought the 4 disc box set in 1990 and the two disc box set in 1993 and I was under the impression that these had been completely remastered. They certainly sound awesome.

But I am now confused as I hear they have been re-re-mastered! So the question is, should I part with £59 to buy the back catalogue on iTunes?

Yes.

The stuff from the 90s, including "Remasters" and the Early Days/Latter Days, were apparently not mastered from the true master tapes but 2nd generation clones - safety copies of the original tapes. For the new releases, the original masters were found (apparently not an easy task to locate them). Whether or not they are worth buying again, not sure as I havn't heard any of the new stuff. Unless you are a big collector, I don't see why it would be worth it. In my opinion the vinyls sound better anyway.

The stuff from the 90s, including "Remasters" and the Early Days/Latter Days, were apparently not mastered from the true master tapes but 2nd generation clones - safety copies of the original tapes. For the new releases, the original masters were found (apparently not an easy task to locate them). Whether or not they are worth buying again, not sure as I havn't heard any of the new stuff. Unless you are a big collector, I don't see why it would be worth it. In my opinion the vinyls sound better anyway.

Can anybody tell me if the Zeppelin tracks are available in iTune plus format? (No DRM / 256 kbps AAC format)? ...or just the usual DRM protected 128 kbps sampling rate. It may be worth the money if there available in Plus. I have noticed that AAC typically is superior in sound compared to iTunes ripped MP3's (or course this could be by design on Apples part...)

Archived