Hallooween Candy

betteremily

I'm laughing at all these young parents and all their machinations about their kid's Halloween candy! I've seen some who let them eat as much as they can on Halloween night then take what's left away the next morning, I've seen parents who actually pay their kids for the candy, the latest is a parent who lets the kids have one piece each day of November even taping it on to a wall chart like some warped Advent calendar! Come on Mom and Dad (mostly Mom), they earned it, let them do as they please, eat till they puke or learn to miser the stuff. How the heck are kids supposed to learn about the world if you are always running interference? 

• 11 months later...

We stopped handing out Halloween candy after a neighbor was sued when a kid tripped coming up his steps and broke his teeth out. Didn't matter that kid had on a mask and couldn't see and a long robe down to his feet to trip on.

The parents ended up accepting the $2000 medical payment on the homeowners policy but after that we opted out for handing out candy.

On 10/10/2019 at 1:51 AM, Yossarian said:

We stopped handing out Halloween candy after a neighbor was sued when a kid tripped coming up his steps and broke his teeth out. Didn't matter that kid had on a mask and couldn't see and a long robe down to his feet to trip on.

The parents ended up accepting the $2000 medical payment on the homeowners policy but after that we opted out for handing out candy.

That's really sad. It's parents like this that ruin kids fun. I feel bad for the kid that got hurt... but it seems like the parents/kid were being safe while trick or treating.

On 11/2/2018 at 4:22 PM, Walter said:

Halloween eye candy:

50A14375-319A-4313-ADDC-DFE2B497A076.jpeg

I think Mrs Walter needs to see this post.  LOL.  I have a big bag of small bars that my wife no doubt is keeping herself from opening.  Stuff I do not like, Milky Way, 3 Muskateers, Twix, Snickers.  I am more of a dark, German chocolate type of guy.  Chocuer. 

Oh man, if I did not have this fucking type 2, a curse on mankind, I would be eating German dark, Chocuer, Dove, Esther Price (have it shipped in from Ohio on the holidays, a special place, great stuff) and much more

My wife, once the bag is opened, will likely be pounding those little Midnight Milky Way, and 3 Muskateers which I detest.  She also likes Resses and such.  Clark bars were the only type of peanut butter bar I could eat.  Butterfinger are the same thing I believe?  Nestles Crunch might be my all time favorite cheap bar

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Location?  Hell?  Somehow I believe it. But you sound like just another bloody Brit

Nah, they didn't have any Guinness or Stouts that I liked there. It was a Tulsa area lager.  Took that shot in a bar up there , a few beers before the Tool concert at the BOK.  Turned out to be the perfect Halloween pic. 

I did up the house this year again with spiders....

20191026_093417.jpg

39 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Nah, they didn't have any Guinness or Stouts that I liked there. It was a Tulsa area lager.  Took that shot in a bar up there , a few beers before the Tool concert at the BOK.  Turned out to be the perfect Halloween pic. 

I did up the house this year again with spiders....

20191026_093417.jpg

Your Rangers are a tough team to get a read on?  So are you a Stars fan also?  I seem to remember that?

30 minutes ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

Actually, Arizona, but close enough. Just being a silly ol' bastard.

Ah Arizona.  Put on your Rainbow shoes.  Dry heat they say.  I have friends there.  Near Phoenix.  Had friends come back from Tuscon.  This dumb fuck traded his Indian motor cycle for 22 pounds of Mexicano that busted a fucking lung trying to catch a buzz.  He bought a machine to try and make it better.  Back in the 70s.  Man did we break his balls.  And he also came back with Peyote buttons.  At least he got something.  LOL.  

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Guinness is a stout. You can't see through it like you can see the beer in that photo.

Yes indeed.   I noticed that.  I thought it was Bass Ale after I had posted.  Of course Guinness does not brew on only their Stout but also the drought which has become very popular here.  Just a "watered down" version of the stout.  Love em both

20 hours ago, Strider said:

Guinness is a stout. You can't see through it like you can see the beer in that photo.

Man, I love a good stout, especially during fall & winter. Nice, hearty brew with, IMO, more complex and mellow flavor palate than most other styles.

On the topic of beer, when the hell did the aim of an IPA become to shove as many hops as possible into the fermentation? Most taste like a glass of hops placed in a blender...blech.

Of course I love me Scotch Ales. Skull Splitter is simply the best.