Dave Grohl tells it like it was (for him)

i love the foos almost as much as i love zep!

i wouldn't say the foos are as good, that would be crazy, but i think amongst non-fans there seems to be alot of jealousy about just how well and how much in demand the foo fighters are. Their music is generally quite simple when compared to the average led zep song, for example, and yet they are selling out multi-arena tours within hours of tickets going on sale. But i respect Dave Grohl more for the fact that he appears to have remained rather more down-to-earth than many very much lesser famous rock musicians

I was not aware he was a big zep fan but i would have been surprised if he wasn't at least a bit of a fan. As far as rock bands zep hasn't yet been surpassed IMHO

I haven't read through every page of this thread;and have no intention to,but has anyone considered the fact that since Dave Grohl is such a huge fan of Led Zeppelin,there's a very strong possibility that he's a member of this board?

It's neither here nor there,I just thought it was interesting.....

Just an innocent question...if Dave Grohl is really as good a drummer as the 'experts' here say he is-and I'm certain he is!!-then how good is Taylor Hawkins? No need for flames or personal abuse. As I said, it's just an innocent question...

Just an innocent question...if Dave Grohl is really as good a drummer as the 'experts' here say he is-and I'm certain he is!!-then how good is Taylor Hawkins? No need for flames or personal abuse. As I said, it's just an innocent question...

Who is Taylor Hawkins?

I think there lies your answer.At least from me!.

I don't think this is a DG bash. The fact is that there were endless and annoying debates on other forums about whether he or Jason should have the chair at the O2. It got so fucking annoying. I respect Dave. It's just that I and so many others have grown frustratingly weary of the subject over the last 6 or so months. It's created a backlash of hostility. Let Dave love Zeppelin. Good for him. Let the hostility end. I'm sick of hearing about Dave Grohl and Led Zeppelin because people keep going on about it. He didn't play with them. That's the news. The right drummer had the gig and it was magnificent. End of story. If Grohl wants to say positive things, let him. Why should he be flamed for saying he loves Zeppelin and wishes he could jam with them? It's the armchair critics who need to button their lips. Get over it already!

Yes. Quite. I'm told by the people who know these things that he's the drummer in the Foo Fighters. I'm sure you can see why I'm asking now..

Please pardon my ignorance!

I actually have some Foo Fighters around the place, but I guess they have not made a great impression on me.Certainly not enough to have me reading that tiny printing on the CD booklets to see who is playing what.

Not like in the "good old days" when we had a twelve inch album cover and sleeve notes to devour!......

Back in the days when Dinosaurs walked the earth, and they played music!!!! ........

Sorry!, I'm starting to rant!.

Please pardon my ignorance!

I actually have some Foo Fighters around the place, but I guess they have not made a great impression on me.Certainly not enough to have me reading that tiny printing on the CD booklets to see who is playing what.

Not like in the "good old days" when we had a twelve inch album cover and sleeve notes to devour!......

Back in the days when Dinosaurs walked the earth, and they played music!!!! ........

Sorry!, I'm starting to rant!.

No ignorance shown by you at all, as far as I could tell. I think there may be a bit of an assumption[by some, not all] that because D.G is a drummer, therefore he drums in his own band. Reasonable enough, I'd say. All the talk in this thread is about him as a drummer, not a singer or guitarist because that isn't really the part of his relationship with Zep being discussed here. Just occurred to me that if he employs a drummer, how good would that guy be?If he's not made much of an impression on you,that says it all,really.Good? Bad? Just indifferent,maybe?

Indeed, yes, it's just too much of a strain on the eyes to follow all the detail on a cd booklet,especially with the size of print being used. That is definitely a good reason to prefer vinyl .

Once again, here we go with Dave Grohl. Another plea by the man to do anything to get even a miniscule opportunity to drum for Led Zeppelin.

DIGITAL SPY

Grohl keen to perform with Led Zeppelin

Saturday, December 29 2007, 15:37 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly

Action Press / Rex Features

Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl has told friends that he is desperate to perform with Led Zeppelin.

The singer is a huge fan of the group; he attended their recent reunion gig at the O2 Arena in London and he also has a series of tattoos in honour of the band's late drummer John Bonham.

"He was in the running to take over from John Bonham a few years ago and he's still gagging to get on stage with the Zep," a source told the Daily Star.

"While he loves playing with the Foo Fighters, Dave would drop anything to be part of Zep's shows."

Once again, here we go with Dave Grohl. Another plea by the man to do anything to get even a miniscule opportunity to drum for Led Zeppelin.

DIGITAL SPY

Grohl keen to perform with Led Zeppelin

Saturday, December 29 2007, 15:37 GMT

By Daniel Kilkelly

The singer is a huge fan of the group

In this case, it's not a plea on the part of Dave Grohl, it's the pathetic UK tabloid press running a non-story. The singer? He was in the running? Please. Five years of this crap.

Archived