Named & Shamed

To the dick head standing next to me about 20 rows back stage centre who half way through the support acts starts mouthing off about how I am invading his personal space and that I have moved sideways towards him. Correct me if I am wrong but this is a standing crowd of 4000 people packed into a confined area. Personal space is not something you can expect a lot of and movement does tend to occur. Also to his exceedingly large acquaintance from the same side of the pond with the bandana and stars and stripes flag who liked the sound of his own voice far too much and spent the whole time moaning about standing up for so long and how things would be so much better organised at MSG and how things are generally much better in the US.

Well if it’s that bad coming to see an English band in England you know what you can do?

That'll be joerocker! :D

I was in section 101 near the back --

- the woman next to me who showed up just as the show was starting and sat the entire time looking bored. I dont think she could see anything, since everyone else stood

- the guy in the suit who didnt have a seat in our section but continued to sneak into rows waiving his cell phone around and trying to high five everyone

- all of the people who took off after Kashmir

- all of the people who stayed for Whole Lotta Love, but left before Rock n roll

- the guy who continued to stand while everyone else sat down during no quarter (oh yeah, that was me!)

Okay, out of all the weird crap that happened at the show that I've been reading, to this California girl, that's got to be the weirdest. Who wears a suit to a rock concert? I mean, first of all, who even wears a suit unless they absolutely have to, anyway? What is this, the 1940s? And to a rock concert? That's like the last place on the PLANET you should show up to with a suit on. Come naked if you have to - better than wearing a suit! I hope somebody made him take off his tie and wear it around his head or something - dude needs to chill out and live a little!

Well not quite named, but certainly shamed.

Unbelievable.............

2 guy's in front of me, in Section 413, row H seats 752 & 753. They were in and out of their seats all night to buy 4-packs of beer, of which most was spilled on the floor.

They then fell asleep :blink: during Kashmir and were asleep all the way through the 2 encores. WTF

I hope you are proud of yourselves.

Ok just started reading this thread.

OK WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU FALL ASLEEP AT A ZEPP CONCERT?!? If you loved them enough to pay to see them then WHY! I could have taken thier place! But nooooo. (although alcahol does make you sleepy)

AND DURING KASHMIR!!! BASTARDS!

WHY WHY WHYW WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!

Oooo this makes me mad and angry.

Who wears a suit to a rock concert? I mean, first of all, who even wears a suit unless they absolutely have to, anyway? What is this, the 1940s? And to a rock concert? That's like the last place on the PLANET you should show up to with a suit on. Come naked if you have to - better than wearing a suit! I hope somebody made him take off his tie and wear it around his head or something - dude needs to chill out and live a little!

He probably came to the show straight from work - the gig was on a Monday. Besides, Jimmy was wearing a suit!

Okay, out of all the weird crap that happened at the show that I've been reading, to this California girl, that's got to be the weirdest. Who wears a suit to a rock concert? I mean, first of all, who even wears a suit unless they absolutely have to, anyway? What is this, the 1940s? And to a rock concert? That's like the last place on the PLANET you should show up to with a suit on. Come naked if you have to - better than wearing a suit! I hope somebody made him take off his tie and wear it around his head or something - dude needs to chill out and live a little!

Jimmy Page wore a suit.

• 1 year later...

I name me for badly air guitaring thru the show :rolleyes:<_<:)

HAHA!! I hear you there. If I had been able to go, that's probably the thing I would have done the most. I would have held back a little so as to not bother the others enjoying the amazing moments, but I probably would have looked like a fool. Not that I would have cared. :whistling:

• 10 months later...

I know I'm rekindling an old thread, but this whole thing made me feel nauseous! Some people really didn't seem to realise what they had paid to see.

Falling asleep!? My legs were dying by the end of the show (I was standing), but I didn't even think of leaving once. I couldn't believe the amount of people who were drinking, going to the bar, getting food etc..

I know this is a thread for 'naming and shaming', but there was one guy there at the show who displayed such kindness that he's worth a mention. He was stood directly in front of me and my mum. Tall and well built. He turned around and told me and my mum to stand in front of him, and he'd bodyguard us for the show. And he did! Bless this kind man. If you're on this forum and you remember a blonde kid with dreads and a Jimmy Page t-shirt, and a woman with blonde hair, we thank you so much! You made the crushing crowd much more bearable for us. :)

The show was brilliant, and I felt absolutely honoured to have been able to go. THE best day of my life, so far.

I know I'm rekindling an old thread, but this whole thing made me feel nauseous! Some people really didn't seem to realise what they had paid to see.

Falling asleep!? My legs were dying by the end of the show (I was standing), but I didn't even think of leaving once. I couldn't believe the amount of people who were drinking, going to the bar, getting food etc..

I know this is a thread for 'naming and shaming', but there was one guy there at the show who displayed such kindness that he's worth a mention. He was stood directly in front of me and my mum. Tall and well built. He turned around and told me and my mum to stand in front of him, and he'd bodyguard us for the show. And he did! Bless this kind man. If you're on this forum and you remember a blonde kid with dreads and a Jimmy Page t-shirt, and a woman with blonde hair, we thank you so much! You made the crushing crowd much more bearable for us. :)

The show was brilliant, and I felt absolutely honoured to have been able to go. THE best day of my life, so far.

wow, what a lovely story! i hope this guy is a member of the forum, we need more like him around here!

and congrats on going to THE concert, i am so envious! :)

Yeah, I hope he's here somewhere too! It'd be brilliant to get back in touch. To all those who passed out, or got ridiculously drunk, take heed. This is how you SHOULD have behaved at such a show.

The concert, through the eyes of a 14 year old, was like seeing Heaven, haha. The only thing I regret was not taking more photos. Being maybe 2 or 3 rows from the front was absolutely magical. I shall stop 'bragging' now. :P

• 9 months later...

I can't see why someone would wanna get totally "fucked up" or "drunk" at a show as monumental as this one was. You think that you'd wanna remember EVERYTHING from that night...right? Doing a little celebrating afterwards is understandable, but to waste those precious minutes at the O2- sleeping...due to "over-doing-it' is a waste of life.

They should be the "poster-child" for the word "IDIOT"

I can't see why someone would wanna get totally "fucked up" or "drunk" at a show as monumental as this one was. You think that you'd wanna remember EVERYTHING from that night...right? Doing a little celebrating afterwards is understandable, but to waste those precious minutes at the O2- sleeping...due to "over-doing-it' is a waste of life.

They should be the "poster-child" for the word "IDIOT"

Yeah but I bet they must have been older people, trying to re-live past glories. Concerts in the 70's were always that way, some people got themselves so fucked up they'd miss the entire gig. It never made any sense to me then and it sure doesn't now.

Some shows back then had audience induced war zones too, but that's subject for a different thread. I just wish more people went to rock shows just to watch the damned band play, then and I guess by this thead........now.

• 4 weeks later...

If only I had been able to go. I might have a crazy story to share with everyone. Either way, I will always wish I could have gone. Some of these stories are funny, and some are infurating. It just shows you how much Zep fans love them.

• 5 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to be there that night. I spent the afternoon with a mate in the Pilot Inn pub close by. I think I had 3-4 pints, but by late afternoon I went on to soft drinks as I wanted to have a clear head for the show. Right decision by a mile.

• 6 months later...

Hah! Great thread!

To the extreamly drunk girl in about row K up in 417 who had to be tackled to the floor by security and ejected from the gig during Stairway because you were way to drunk to even stand up:

You showed the whole arena your pants. Thanks for the entertainment.

hahaa just the other side of the isle to us ......... can't believe the chance of a lifetime and to be so sheet faced !

Archived