Robert Plant Married?

royalrumpus

This entire thread is amusing. Marriage licenses are a matter of public record in all 50 US states (as are births, political campaign contributions, etc.). Peyton Manning discovered this recently when his "off the record secret" twins were born. The fact that no media outlet is actively pursuing this by filing a simple FOI form means that a. it is considered a baseless rumor and not worth pursuing or b. nobody cares.

Whether Patty and Robert are legally married or not is irrelevant to me and finding out that they aren't wouldn't diminish the good wishes I expressed for them. The reality is that Robert has chosen to move to Austin, into Patty's home...and the two seem to be (at least from what I saw last month and others have seen more recently) in love and very, very happy together. I like reading little blurbs from people who've seen them together and describe them as glowing...and reports that talk about Robert walking down certain streets in Austin, without hiding behind sunglasses, a smile on his face.

Wish them both the best. He's picked a great city to settle in. I was there in September for ACL and loved so many things about Austin from the food to the different blues clubs etc. One of the best locales he could pick.

Hi:

There's nothing on Robert's Facebook page or website to indicate he's married..

Austin sounds very interesting...I'm glad Robert has found a nice place to live...Toronto is nice to....so is Port Dover, Ontario....but I digress....

Juliet

PlantTop.jpg

Amy Price / Flickr

Photographs of Robert Plant and Patty Griffin wearing what possibly appear to be wedding rings have surfaced on the internet. As we reported two weeks ago, there has been much speculation that the pair have recently gotten married, although their publicist professed no knowledge of any such event.

These pictures (there’s more here) were provided to us by photographer Amy Price, who took them at the ACL Festival back in September. As you can see from the blown-up image below, the two do appear to be wearing matching rings on their traditional ring fingers.

However, lots of non-married people wear rings on those fingers as well, so let’s be clear that we still don’t officially know anything yet! In musical Plant news, the first preview clip from his upcoming duet on the track ‘Song to the Siren’ with English opera star Alfie Boe has been unveiled, and you can hear it for yourself right over here.

Also, Plant recently made it pretty clear in a recent interview that he’s not big on looking backwards in life, but yesterday marked the 40th anniversary of his former band Led Zeppelin‘s fourth album being released, and we couldn’t help but reminisce with two features and a couple of great giveaways.

Maybe it's just me, but, there must be a reason why SAJ hasn't posted to this thread.

Pose a question to the Jones mystery thread.

Most inquiries are answered with as much accurate information obtainable.

PlantTop.jpg

Amy Price / Flickr

Photographs of Robert Plant and Patty Griffin wearing what possibly appear to be wedding rings have surfaced on the internet. As we reported two weeks ago, there has been much speculation that the pair have recently gotten married, although their publicist professed no knowledge of any such event.

These pictures (there’s more here) were provided to us by photographer Amy Price, who took them at the ACL Festival back in September. As you can see from the blown-up image below, the two do appear to be wearing matching rings on their traditional ring fingers.

However, lots of non-married people wear rings on those fingers as well, so let’s be clear that we still don’t officially know anything yet! In musical Plant news, the first preview clip from his upcoming duet on the track ‘Song to the Siren’ with English opera star Alfie Boe has been unveiled, and you can hear it for yourself right over here.

Also, Plant recently made it pretty clear in a recent interview that he’s not big on looking backwards in life, but yesterday marked the 40th anniversary of his former band Led Zeppelin‘s fourth album being released, and we couldn’t help but reminisce with two features and a couple of great giveaways.

I went to ACL this year and unfortunately didn't run into either Robert or Patty. I do have an idea where that picture was taken, but not precisely. Most of the ACL stages had VIP seating above the stage on another tier set above and that is where that is from as I saw a number of people up there during the shows. Not sure which artist they were watching...perhaps Alison? Anyone have more info on this? Or perhaps you Stairway since you supplied the photo? Is this your photo or did you get this from another locale on the net? Details please! :D

Yes, I am aware of Mr Jones and his accurate information. I wondered why he hasn't shared any.

Maybe he's like, to quote David Byrne, "when I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed."

P.S. The Alfie Boe "duet" is really nice, but why give Mr. Plant only 1 line?! Seems like a waste of a mighty resource, like having a Maserati and only using it to drive to the grocery store.

PlantTop.jpg

Amy Price / Flickr

Those rings could be "friendship" rings...

Now where is my guitar..I have to start practising again..I might also take up the fiddle...accordian and drums...

Juliet :drumz:

I went to ACL this year and unfortunately didn't run into either Robert or Patty. I do have an idea where that picture was taken, but not precisely. Most of the ACL stages had VIP seating above the stage on another tier set above and that is where that is from as I saw a number of people up there during the shows. Not sure which artist they were watching...perhaps Alison? Anyone have more info on this? Or perhaps you Stairway since you supplied the photo? Is this your photo or did you get this from another locale on the net? Details please! :D

Here ya go.. http://ultimateclassicrock.com/robert-plant-and-patty-griffin-photographed-wearing-wedding-rings/http://ultimateclassicrock.com/robert-plant-and-patty-griffin-photographed-wearing-wedding-rings/

Many thanks. I did see Alison's show, so they weren't far away. Was hoping, Robert would come out for a number, but to no avail. But, I really wasn't expecting it as these festivals are on quite a tight schedule, considering what they have to do to make sure things go off on time from stage to stage with each act.

• 1 month later...

Archived