Phobias

Cecil.

I have a real phobia of slugs. I know that it's completely irrational. What harm could a slug ever do me? I thought I was getting over it, that was until last week a slug slided into my house through an an open window. I was so horrified seeing this slug in my house I couldn't even look at it. I don't have a problems with snails (the shell seems to make a difference!) or spiders, just slugs. :huh:

~Snakes, a fear which I share with my mom. (Except for the one on my back )

~Heights, which I also share with my mom.

~I recently discovered on my cruise vacation that I am afraid to look over the railing into the ocean at night.

~And last, my other recent discovered fear: Segways. You know, the two wheeled motorized thing that Paul Blart rides.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a real phobia of slugs. I know that it's completely irrational. What harm could a slug ever do me? I thought I was getting over it, that was until last week a slug slided into my house through an an open window. I was so horrified seeing this slug in my house I couldn't even look at it. I don't have a problems with snails (the shell seems to make a difference!) or spiders, just slugs. :huh:

There was a small slug in my bath tub the other day. Got NO IDEA how it got there. So I grabbed it with a bit of TP and put it outside.

Got over all the usual ones(heights, spiders etc) as I grew up with exposure to them but one thats actually gotten a bit worse is my blood/injury/needle phobia. Its not actually that bad in terms of what sets it off, a simple cut certainly won't but something like viewing my own blood test or very realistic bloodletting onscreen sometimes does. Its not your typical phobia reaction either, I don't panic and beside a slight discomfort at seeing the cause I feel fine for awhile but then get a delayed reaction of falling blood pressure 15-30 mins latter, I don't actually faint but pretty close to it. Luckly its only happened maybe half a dozen times so far, partly because I'v learned not to watch blood tests. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood-injection-injury_type_phobia

• 2 weeks later...

Got over all the usual ones(heights, spiders etc) as I grew up with exposure to them but one thats actually gotten a bit worse is my blood/injury/needle phobia. Its not actually that bad in terms of what sets it off, a simple cut certainly won't but something like viewing my own blood test or very realistic bloodletting onscreen sometimes does. Its not your typical phobia reaction either, I don't panic and beside a slight discomfort at seeing the cause I feel fine for awhile but then get a delayed reaction of falling blood pressure 15-30 mins latter, I don't actually faint but pretty close to it. Luckly its only happened maybe half a dozen times so far, partly because I'v learned not to watch blood tests. ;)

http://en.wikipedia....ury_type_phobia

My girlfriend(ex) told me just look up and I could overcome My phobia, this really did not work out the way she maybe hoped.

• 1 month later...

I'm afraid of heights, of ghosts and dead people (I'm afraid to think about it and that sort of stuff), of spiders and of bacteria but that fear of it was bigger few months ago and I used to go and wash my hands after every lesson and so on but I think that it was obsessive-compulsive disorter. And I used to have a fear of losing something like phone or keys and when that fear was big sometimes I was walking backwards.. :bagoverhead:

Archived