Unreleased Songs

Ste

Hmmm....This is a good question. Well, isn't there a track called "Sugar Mama"? And another called "Sunshine Woman"?

Then there are "Friends" and "Four Sticks" as rehearsed in 1972 with the Bombay symphony orchestra.

Don't know about any others.

How many are there? and what are they?

There is this song called Swan Song that was never released, atleast not in it's original form. If I'm not misstaken, Page reworked the song and released it as "Midnight Moonlight" with The Firm.

Hi there, by the way. First post:P

i downloaded physical raraties and it has swansong on and "jennings farm blues" which is an intrumental song and "willow tree" which seems to just be a demo of "the girl i love she got long black wavy hair" i dont know on any other tho. anyone else??

As Long as I Have You was with Fresh Garbage in it. Combination of 2 covers really. Sometimes they would also throw Mocking Bird in it as a medley.

Coda was all songs that weren't released from the bands tenure except for I Can't Quit You Baby.

Traveling Riverside Blues wasn't released till the 90s I think. The Girl I Love... wasn't released till the BBC Sessions wasn't it?

There are others they played live that are covers that are unique and never released. Blueberry Hill, Something Else, Long Tall Sally for example.

There are others they played live that are covers that are unique and never released. Blueberry Hill, Something Else, Long Tall Sally for example.

Yeah but to what extent are all these songs moreso covers than unique works?

That's another good one. It comes up often during their medleys.

'Hey Hey what can i do' is another one. My favorite unreleased song.

Oh on the bootleg: "alternate graffiti", theres a song just titled "Jam" (as in Jamming, not the jelly/marmalade stuff!). Anyway, its Bonham's drumming at his quintessential best and some killer riffage.

Can we upload these songs on mega upload and post the links?

Is that allowed? :unsure:

Oh on the bootleg: "alternate graffiti", theres a song just titled "Jam" (as in Jamming, not the jelly/marmalade stuff!). Anyway, its Bonham's drumming at his quintessential best and some killer riffage.

Hey Hey What Can I Do isn't unreleased. Not only has it been on a couple of the box sets, but it was the b-side to the Immigrant Song single, so it's been out since 1970.

I bet if we went through the covers Zeppelin did it would take up about a dozen CDs.

Hey Joe, Louie Louie, a bunch of Beatles and Elvis Songs, Georgia on my Mind, Woodstock, a few Buffalo Springfield songs, the list of covers Zepp did just live is massive. Especially from 1969-1975. After 75 Zepp just did their own stuff for the most part. They even backed off of covers in 75 and started doing just Zeppelin stuff. But they still did a few covers in 75 not as many as before. 77 they did very few.

I'd like to see that dont think its allowed tho.

There are many, most are covers though. Here's a list from memory:

As Long As I Have You

Blueberry Hill

Boogie Chillun

C'mon Everybody

Crossroads

Fresh Garbage

I Gotta Move

Jennings Farm Blues

Long Tall Sally

Pat's Delight

Sugar Mama

Sunshine Woman

Swan Song

Train Kept A Rollin'

As far as I know Swan Song is original, Jennings Farm Blues is an early version of Bron-Yr-Aur stomp, Pat's Delight was used to showcase Bonham's drumming before Moby Dick, and I THINK As Long As I Have You is original, but as mentioned above, does incorporate Fresh Garbage.

It's not a song entitled Jam, it's just one of the many, many, studio jams that they did. And there is no way they would ever allow any of that to be uploaded; this is the official Led Zeppelin website.

Ah Ha my first post here.....

As far as unreleased songs go....Here are a few and the albums they were left off of

Sugar Mama ( Zep II )

Sunshine Woman ( Zep II)

Slush ( HOTH )

Fire ( ITTOD )

Swan Song ( HOTH/PG )

Pat's Delight was the name of moby dick before it was changed.....some early versions of Zep II list it as Moby Dick ( Pat's Delight)....Pat is the name of bonhams wife

Hey Hey has been available since 1970, it was the B-side to Immigrant Song and was also released on a EP along with 3 album tracks from Zep 3 and 4 dont remember what songs though....

I didnt list covers

Archived