Zep or Zepp ?

Jack Torrance

Since meeting people on facebook and pages on here for ZEPP fans and now here i can not help but notice the amount of people who say zep when it is quite obvious that it is Zepp...im not giving free english grammar lessons here its just an observation....so the question is to Zep or not to Zepp which are you.............

Since meeting people on facebook and pages on here for ZEPP fans and now here<insert comma here><You might want to capitalize here> i can not help but notice the amount of people who say zep when it is quite obvious that it is Zepp...I'm not giving free english grammar lessons here<insert Period > <You might want to capitalize here> It's just an observation....so the question is to Zep or not to Zepp which are you.............

Yep it's Zep! They both get red lined by spell check in spite of your grammatically correct advice.

As The Most Interesting Man in the World would say: "I don't always abbreviate Led Zeppelin...but when I do, I prefer Zep."

It was Zep back in the day, never Zepp...and it's always been that way since. I think a major reason people chose Zep over Zepp is the symmetry. Led is three letters, and so Zep fits with Led in a graphic design sense.

i think that any shortening of the name "Led Zeppelin" is disrespectful to their memory. especially now with classic rock radio dj's saying Zep or Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin was their name for 12 years. let's not change it now.

I don't think anyone is suggesting an official name change. I also see no harm in referring to them as "Zep", or "Led Zep". Do you find people referring to the Rolling Stones as "the Stones" disrespectful to their memory as well?

i think that any shortening of the name "Led Zeppelin" is disrespectful to their memory. especially now with classic rock radio dj's saying Zep or Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin was their name for 12 years. let's not change it now.

This is so stupid. No one is disrespecting them by calling them Zep

I don't think anyone is suggesting an official name change. I also see no harm in referring to them as "Zep", or "Led Zep". Do you find people referring to the Rolling Stones as "the Stones" disrespectful to their memory as well?

i understand. i've just always known & referred to them as Led Zeppelin. perhaps "disrespectful" was a bit much. naturally, i do prefer "The Rolling Stones" to the simplified "the Stones".

Archived