Is this actual?

SuperStatic

This piece is odd since it shares the exact beginning with Midnight Moonlight (combined with Wonderful one).

I do realize that MM originated from SS, but...

the thing that is odd about this recording is that it differs from any other take I ever heard of Swan Song (The middle section is different), and also that the piece in the video starts a second time exactly in the middle to repeat the first 1.20 minutes again (Why should Jimmy edit it together in such a clumsy way?)

I ain't buying it. Some internet dude overdubbed his drums and bass on top of Page's 'edited' guitar.

Its a fairly good job, but its total bullshit.

Reswati was the only one to realize...'somethin' ain't right here'.

Hats off to you Res.

Check this out. This is "some internet dude" who overdubbed the bass and drums trying to pass it off as Zep.

I think that was the remix/edited version of this:

I ain't buying it. Some internet dude overdubbed his drums and bass on top of Page's 'edited' guitar.

Its a fairly good job, but its total bullshit.

Reswati was the only one to realize...'somethin' ain't right here'.

Hats off to you Res.

Check this out. This is "some internet dude" who overdubbed the bass and drums trying to pass it off as Zep.

I think that was the remix/edited version of this:

Snapper, I hate to disagree with you because we seem to share a few things in common and dislikes as well (if you catch my drift), but this is Zeppelin in rehearsal from the Physical Grafitti sessions. It's a common tune to find on youtube and some versions are a little longer and more involved with changes, etc. But this little snippet posted, IS in fact Led Zeppelin, not some poor editing job with drums and bass added. I also have this tune on disk. It's from one of the many thousands of "unreleased" recordings that are out there from the Grafitti sessions. Not hard to find really. Maybe someone shortened this particular peice (in the above post) with their own editing equipemnt/software?? Dunno, but the entire song itself is the real deal-trust me. No reason to bullshit about it. This later became Midnight Moonlight from The Firm. Here's a longer version-

No prob SuperStatic. It's Zeppelin for sure. I can't reveal any other details about the title of the "album" or "source "it comes from (there are a few) - for the guidlines of the site prohibit that sort of information. But it is from the Graffitti rehearsals. I don't have the time to tell exactly if it's from 74' or 75, but it's somewhere in that timeline-obviously before the release of the album PG. Not that the year or date matters, just know that it's Zeppelin.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived