Death Wish II Collectors Edition Soundtrack LP - available Dec. 1, 2011

sam_webmaster

+1.

This release is fucked up. Why mess with the running order, or re-work BBSAV, if in fact they have? Such changes cheapen it. And if they wanted to add an extra track, why not press a one-sided 7" and throw that in? Superb as it is, it has nothing to do with the original album, and should be kept separate.

I don't understand why it has to be either or and not both. I also don't undertand why they messed with the running order. I also noticed they took off the Swan Song logo, even if Swan Song is no more....I think should still be there.

I think Page would have been FAR better off to re-issue "Outrider" or "Coverdale Page" with unreleased tracks, new packaging, and signatures. I'm certain that either one of those would sell HUGE compared to the DW2 soundtrack. Perhaps thats already in the works?

I think Page would have been FAR better off to re-issue "Outrider" or "Coverdale Page" with unreleased tracks, new packaging, and signatures. I'm certain that either one of those would sell HUGE compared to the DW2 soundtrack. Perhaps thats already in the works?

Fuck the reissues PUT OUT SOME NEW MUSIC, that would sell HUGE

Fuck the reissues PUT OUT SOME NEW MUSIC, that would sell HUGE

There must be some doubt about new material selling HUGE in the Page camp. After all this time it doesn't seem to me that new material is in the works. I'd love to hear some new music. I'm with you on that.

Those are on Geffen. DWII is on Swan Song. What this means is that Page does not own the masters to Outrider and CP.

There must be some doubt about new material selling HUGE in the Page camp. After all this time it doesn't seem to me that new material is in the works. I'd love to hear some new music. I'm with you on that.

In an interview he did a while back, he said part of the reasoning behind jimmypage.com would be that it would give him an opportunity to upload some of his new material. Page, like a lot of other musicians in this day and age, is at a loss as to how to go about making their music available. This seemed to be at least one option he was hoping to explore. Personally, I would prefer a full album's worth of material that would be available in a physical format whether it be on compact disc or vinyl. He could also make it available as mp3's or lossless files so that he hits all potential customers.

My avatar is a picture of my Death Wish II (Swan Song logo)vinyl on my turntalble.. I have always loved it, but won't be aquiring the new limited edition one..

Nor will I. I think I found mine in the cut out bin long after it had originally been released. That copy is just fine with me.

Nor will I. I think I found mine in the cut out bin long after it had originally been released. That copy is just fine with me.

Though I ordered an unsigned copy, I have no intention of getting rid of my original, especially since the orginal second to last track is missing.

I think Jahfin has a point, this is what Page said the purpose of the web site was (or at least one of them), a new way to get music out besides just best buy and wal-mart.

I think we will be having some new music from Jimmy in the near future, in what form is yet to be determined. And I would say the web site will be the launch pad for it.

As far as this album goes I will get it sooner or later, but I (thankfully) dont have a credit card to my name nor do I want one again. So my options are limited. But for sure I WILL aquire Lucifer Rising, come hell or high water to get it :wizard:

Those are on Geffen. DWII is on Swan Song. What this means is that Page does not own the masters to Outrider and CP.

I'm suprised that Page does not own the masters considering the vice grip he has on all things Zeppelin. Interesting.

In an interview he did a while back, he said part of the reasoning behind jimmypage.com would be that it would give him an opportunity to upload some of his new material. Page, like a lot of other musicians in this day and age, is at a loss as to how to go about making their music available. This seemed to be at least one option he was hoping to explore. Personally, I would prefer a full album's worth of material that would be available in a physical format whether it be on compact disc or vinyl. He could also make it available as mp3's or lossless files so that he hits all potential customers.

Right on. It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

I received this e-mail today from the JP.com people -

----------------------------------

Dear customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase of Death Wish II - Signed by Jimmy Page.

Due to extraordinary demand for this product on Thursday, December 1st 2011, the JimmyPage.com Shop crashed under the sheer burden of web traffic, with thousands of people attempting to buy just 30 signed copies. This led to a technical error allowing more orders to be taken for signed copies than there were available.

In total, 109 copies of Death Wish II - Signed by Jimmy Page were sold, and not 30.

To avoid any disappointment to those of you who received product purchase confirmation via email, we have made the decision to extend the number of signed copies available to 109 and Jimmy Page has agreed to sign the first 109 copies of Death Wish II bought from JimmyPage.com.

If you wish to proceed and receive your signed copy of Death Wish II then you do not need to reply to this email and your order will be shipped by Wednesday, December 14th 2011.

However, we understand that the number of signed copies is therefore higher than we had originally advertised and if you would rather receive a full refund and cancel your order, please reply to this email (info@jimmypage.com) with your Order Number by 10:00 GMT on Wednesday, December 7th 2011.

We apologise for this error, our technical experts have been working around the clock to ensure that this does not happen again.

Thank you for your understanding,

The JimmyPage.com Team

info@jimmypage.com

-------------------------

Unbelievable. I'm gonna cancel my signed copy order and just get the unsigned version.

SonicD

Yep..... Got the same email and cancelled my signed copy too!

It's something to have a signed vinyl of which there are only 30 in existence but, 100+ copies in circulation and still at £195 each is a big difference.

Shame, I felt so lucky at the time :)

Regarding "The JimmyPage.com Team", the word 'team' suggests there is more than one cognitively challenged person involved in this mayhem.

By now, Jimmy must be well aware that "The JimmyPage.com Team" leaves a lot to be desired - and do something constructive about it, like taking his business elsewhere.

Regarding "The JimmyPage.com Team", the word 'team' suggests there is more than one cognitively challenged person involved in this mayhem.

By now, Jimmy must be well aware that "The JimmyPage.com Team" leaves a lot to be desired - and do something constructive about it, like taking his business elsewhere.

@ "more than one cognitively challenged person" LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

If your investment in the DWII soundtrack is shattered because there are a hundred signed copies instead of 30,

then just cancel your orders, no need to gripe about a discount, thats just fucking petty.

Personally, purchasing "limited signed copies" of 'anything', means nothing to me....thank God.

If your investment in the DWII soundtrack is shattered because there are a hundred signed copies instead of 30,

then just cancel your orders, no need to gripe about a discount, thats just fucking petty.

Personally, purchasing "limited signed copies" of 'anything', means nothing to me....thank God.

This ^

I was not interested in the signed addition simply because it's a forced collectible. I actually like to play my albums. Anywho, I can complete understand being disappointed going from 1 of 30 too 1 or 100 and something...That's BS, but as stated, you can always take the refund...Fair enough.

Archived