Death Wish II Collectors Edition Soundtrack LP - available Dec. 1, 2011

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

dw2.jpg

Jimmy Page's Death Wish II Collectors' Edition LP is released this Thursday (December 1st 2011) at 15:00 GMT (07:00 PST / 10:00 EST) exclusively through JimmyPage.com. The heavyweight vinyl package includes previously unreleased material, all-new 2011 sleeve notes and updated artwork.

There are only 1000 individually-numbered copies available and Jimmy Page has personally signed the first 30 copies of this limited edition release.

The standard Collectors' Edition of Death Wish II is priced at £30.00 with signed copies available for £195.00.

Explaining the release of the album, Jimmy said: “In 1981, Michael Winner asked me if I would compose the soundtrack to Death Wish II. The songs with vocals were only going to appear in the film for a matter of seconds but I had recorded full versions of them anyway - which is how I ended up doing my first soundtrack and soundtrack album. I’ve re-released this because I wanted it to be available again.

Editions will be sold on a first come, first served basis, so you'll need to be quick tomorrow to reserve a low number edition. Numbers 1-30 have been signed by Jimmy Page, while numbers 31-1000 are available unsigned.

For those of you wanting a CD I have to ask...Why? The warmth of vinyl is unmatched in sound quality. You should at the very least give vinyl a chance. The players are cheap now, and the modern ones are PC friendly. If you have not experienced vinyl take this opportunity to try it...You will be glad you did.

For those of you wanting a CD I have to ask...Why? The warmth of vinyl is unmatched in sound quality. You should at the very least give vinyl a chance. The players are cheap now, and the modern ones are PC friendly. If you have not experienced vinyl take this opportunity to try it...You will be glad you did.

Well my main problem is not the vinyl, but the fact it's limited to only 1000 copies. I don't think a CD would be limited, or at least it would possibly be available as a download within some hours.

I love vinyl. It is a much more enjoyable listening experience, esp. albums recorded back before the digital age. I love Jimmy and 100% respect his work. Having said that....

Has he lost his mind?!! $300 for an album? I know he has signed them and only 30 of them but $300?!! My husband would think I have lost my mind. He didn't mind when I bought the book but he would not understand this purchase.

OK, Keeping in mind their is only 30 of them signed...30 in the entire world (and they are numbered) IMHO, the price is fair.

Having said that, I don't feel comfortable buying anything of reproduction limited addition in the JP shop. Why? Well, I don't like the fact that Jimmy has not produced anything new when he has been saying for years, he will.

In fact, IMO his fans (Zeppelin fans in general) have been treated like crap for years. This is just my opinion. One may think it should have nothing to do with this offer, and one may be right, but that's how I feel. I own a ton of Zeppelin related memorabilia worth tens of thousands of dollars. Missing this won't break my heart. Now if it was an album of new material...I'd be all over it at any price.

:D

But I meant the remastered version with the never-heard stuff and everything. It seems to be a big deal according to Jimmy's website.

It is a big deal for those who have enough money to buy it. It's going to be a very valuable collectible for some. I don't like this idea to be honest. It's a forced collectible imo. If he really wanted the album re-released why would you limit the production to such a small amount? Must be another reason, as there is not much profit in this in the short term. There has to be a bigger picture. Least I would hope so.

My feeling is that this product's price is not commensurate with the Genesis book's price.

There was obviously a lot of work put in the production of the book. I recognized that and bought one and got something worthwhile. The DWII reissue is a money-grab.

On the other hand, it's hard to justify that Jimmy really needs 34950 pounds, which is what he'll be getting at the end of the sale. This product is simply mispriced.

IMHO: (Please keep that in mind) It really annoys me that Jimmy feels that he needs to re-release an album, that many have not requested, and only provide limited copies. Is this some sort of ego boost for him? Who advises him on such matters? That person needs to be fired.

I am surprised that he has not been advised to defecate in a box, sell the box for $100,000, reasoning that it is so valuable because it contains his DNA and ... that there are people with enough money willing to buy his shit.

Well, this is my exact reason for saying this makes no sense, and there must be a bigger picture here. He is not making a lot of money, so there must be another reason for this release. Maybe it's testing the waters for bigger things to come.

Well, this is my exact reason for saying this makes no sense, and there must be a bigger picture here. He is not making a lot of money, so there must be another reason for this release. Maybe it's testing the waters for bigger things to come.

Never underestimate the potential for making stupid decisions. Not saying Page is stupid...

That's what I meant. If he's re-releasing it, why not on vinyl and CD for a tenner at my local record shop? Why the limited "collector's item" stuff? I'm no rich collector but I still would like to have a copy.

Dun fret, someone will upload the entire album off the vinyl copy and you will have it...Free none the less.

Dun fret, someone will upload the entire album off the vinyl copy and you will have it...Free none the less.

Well I'm certainly gonna download it but I prefer buying it because of the artwork and to support the artist. And to support the recordstore, because a lot of recordstores are in trouble or even closing their doors. :(

I've already got the original vinyl of DWII...and I've gotten pretty good at Jimmy's signature, soooooo...hahaha, just kiddin'.

I am always leary of things that come pre-marketed as "limited edition". My local record stores are full of the "limited edition" of Steve Miller's Fly Like an Eagle...for $4.99.

Archived