John Carter

Aquamarine

Not exactly Zeppelin news, but there is indeed a version of Kashmir to be heard in this clip. Anyway.....I always loved the John Carter comics in my youth, so it's cool to see that the Barsoom stories finally come to live in a real movie. Looks great, thanks for posting Aqua.

I don't see what this has to do with Led Zeppelin News. But since you have 5,800 posts, I'm sure it'll be ok.

And now you know why I haven't posted for months, and won't be posting again any time soon. It's a Led Zeppelin song, even if not performed by them, I put it in Led Zeppelin News because I couldn't think where else to put it. I thought possibly people might want to discuss how their music comes to be involved in this film, etc.

Screw it.

And now you know why I haven't posted for months, and won't be posting again any time soon. It's a Led Zeppelin song, even if not performed by them, I put it in Led Zeppelin News because I couldn't think where else to put it. I thought possibly people might want to discuss how their music comes to be involved in this film, etc.

Screw it.

By all means, please keep posting here or else the terrorists win. "Major Major" strikes me as a formerly banned member anyhow. They certainly arrived here with an agenda already in mind, that's for sure. Then again, this is LedZeppelin.com where there's no such thing as a "new" member anyway...

It's uncanny how led zepp songs never yeild in pop culture , yet another song used, and The Girl with Dragon Tattto is right around the corner.

Not sure what you mean by "led zepp songs never yeild in pop culture". Please elaborate.

As for the remake of "Immigrant Song" that was recorded for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, that may have been news back in June when that movie first came out so I don't see how it is "right around the corner".

Hi all,

And now you know why I haven't posted for months, and won't be posting again any time soon. It's a Led Zeppelin song, even if not performed by them, I put it in Led Zeppelin News because I couldn't think where else to put it. I thought possibly people might want to discuss how their music comes to be involved in this film, etc.Screw it.

Aqua,as Jahfin said, don't let the terrorists win! ;)

When I saw this preview it struck me also: "Hey,that's Kashmir!"

FYI about John Carter:

Edgar Rice Burroughs is one of the world's most popular authors.With no previous experience as an author,he wrote and sold his first novel - A Princess of Mars - in 1912.Which is John Carter's first appearance.ERB wrote eleven novel's of his adventures.

KB

Aqua,

Please, don't go anywhere.

I would not have known about the use of Kashmir in this movie if you had not posted it.

And I think "NEWS" is the appropriate place to put the post.

I don't post much, but I do enjoy reading yours when you do post.

Your love of all things Zep always shines through! :yourock:

• 2 weeks later...

Led Zeppelin’s ‘Kashmir’ Covered in ‘John Carter’ Trailer

by: Joe Robinson 3 weeks ago

Bond-Shine.jpg

Decca Records

An orchestral version of the 1975 Led Zeppelin classic ‘Kashmir’ recorded by the the all-girl Australian/British string quartet Bond is featured in a new trailer for ‘John Carter,’ a science fiction film based on author Edgar Rice Burroughs’ 11-volume ‘Barsoom’ series that’s due to hit theaters next year.

Bond covered the tune for their 2002 album ‘Shine,’ which features classical crossover versions of a variety of different songs, including an adaptation of (appropriately, given their name) the James Bond movie theme song.

Bond’s arrangement of ‘Kashmir’ that’s used in the ‘John Carter’ trailer seems to have a men’s choral section thrown on top near the end for added drama.

It’s not the first time a remake of ‘Kashmir’ has been used for a movie. In 1998, rapper P Diddy famously re-recorded the song with Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page‘s permission — and his guitar playing — as ‘Come With Me,’ which also featured an orchestral version of ‘Kashmir,’ but with Diddy rapping on top.

Regardless, the use of the ‘Kashmir’ in ‘John Carter’ seems to work well, bringing propulsive rhythms and a building sonic tension that matches the epic grandeur of the sci-fi flick.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelins-kashmir-covered-in-john-carter-trailer/

Not sure what you mean by "led zepp songs never yeild in pop culture". Please elaborate.

As for the remake of "Immigrant Song" that was recorded for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, that may have been news back in June when that movie first came out so I don't see how it is "right around the corner".

I think the trailers for the remake of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo began showing sometime last summer, but the movie opens on 12/21/2011, which is right around the corner.

• 1 month later...

Archived