POSSIBLE REUNION TOUR DATES IN 2012?

This is such a bad and pointless thread. Can we have it shut down please?

As long as there's a Page, Plant and Jones there are always going to be reunion rumors. I don't think there's a thing at all the matter with that as it comes with the territory. However, the downside are those that feel like they're owed something from the surviving members of Zeppelin. That, I'll never get. They gave their all and lost their dear friend and bandmate John Bonham. The fact that there's even been any reunions since his passing is nothing short of miraculous but there will always be those that want more.

When there is one last member still alive people on this forum will complain that whomever that member happens to be is wasting their time in whatever they're doing & should go out touring with holograms of the other three deceased members. It will happen.

When there is one last member still alive people on this forum will complain that whomever that member happens to be is wasting their time in whatever they're doing & should go out touring with holograms of the other three deceased members. It will happen.

Apparently you don't even need any original members to tour or record. Just look at Blackfoot for instance (though they're far from the first to do it). Hell, even Kiss and Skynyrd plan to continue with all new members once the current members die or retire. Thankfully, Zeppelin knew when to call it quits as an ongoing creative entity (which means that I know about their reunion shows).

There is a great beauty in effectively only properly 'opening the box' just once in the past 32 years. Even Jimmy acknowledged the 'less is more' factor in an interview around the time of the O2 gig. There is even a great beauty in filming the entire gig and still not choosing to release the DVD yet.

Robert said at the time there was a need to do 'one more great night' after several flawed and half-hearted reunions - and it happened. Why try and do another great night when in all reality they're not going to top the one and they've done. Musical legacy well and truly intact, and that night got them live gig of the year for 2007. End of.

• 1 month later...

Charles,

There was no luck involved for me either. I worked my ASS off trying to get a ticket. I didn't get my name drawn in the lottery and I had no connections with the band or record company to get tickets. I entered every radio and record company contest I could find. I contacted ticket brokers in the States and in Europe - and got scammed by one to the tune of $1200.00. I checked e-Bay, Gum Tree, ioffer...every internet selling venue I could find. I called radio stations to see if I could be a volunteer on-scene reporter. And even before I finally got a ticket, I had bought airline tickets and reserved a hotel - I was going to be there even if it meant leaning my ear against the wall outside the venue.

But my hard work payed off and I find a great gent from Ireland that had a companion ticket. I paid a lot for it, but I had always asked myself "How much would you pay to see Led Zeppelin?" So what I paid was actually a bargain.

I've read so many people whining that "I would have paid anything to go to the O2 to see them", when in fact they COULD have paid to see them if they REALLY wanted to. No, they wanted to see them at the face value of the ticket. If you REALLY wanted to be there, you would have...there were tickets available if you looked hard enough!

So stop whining!

Charles,

There was no luck involved for me either. I worked my ASS off trying to get a ticket. I didn't get my name drawn in the lottery and I had no connections with the band or record company to get tickets. I entered every radio and record company contest I could find. I contacted ticket brokers in the States and in Europe - and got scammed by one to the tune of $1200.00. I checked e-Bay, Gum Tree, ioffer...every internet selling venue I could find. I called radio stations to see if I could be a volunteer on-scene reporter. And even before I finally got a ticket, I had bought airline tickets and reserved a hotel - I was going to be there even if it meant leaning my ear against the wall outside the venue.

But my hard work payed off and I find a great gent from Ireland that had a companion ticket. I paid a lot for it, but I had always asked myself "How much would you pay to see Led Zeppelin?" So what I paid was actually a bargain.

I've read so many people whining that "I would have paid anything to go to the O2 to see them", when in fact they COULD have paid to see them if they REALLY wanted to. No, they wanted to see them at the face value of the ticket. If you REALLY wanted to be there, you would have...there were tickets available if you looked hard enough!

So stop whining!

fair point. Though some of us were still in grade school at the time of the reunion so therefore, a DVD would be most welcome. I never expect them to play as a band again, and thats fine with me, just don't withhold the greatness of that night when the footage is there. :wave:

fair point. Though some of us were still in grade school at the time of the reunion so therefore, a DVD would be most welcome. I never expect them to play as a band again, and thats fine with me, just don't withhold the greatness of that night when the footage is there. :wave:

;)

Charles,

Wrong again buddy! As a matter of fact, I stated on here that I was hoping they would band together and do a charity show last year when Japan was struck with that terrible tsunami. Japan seeemed a special place for Zeppelin and I thought if they would ever do another "one-off" show, it might be for that! But alas, it was not to be!

FunkyPhantom,

I feel your pain! I was in your shoes back in 1979. I heard they were playing at Knebsworth back then. I had never been out of the States before (still in H.S.) and this was before the internet. I called a travel agent to get info on an airline ticket to "Knebworth, England" and of course had no luck! Then I read that they were doing a tour of the US in 1980, so I gave up trying to get to England and was willing to travel ANYWHERE in the States to see them. Alas, that was not to be. Another reason why I was NOT going to be denied my chance to see them in 2007!

Stryder1978, yours is a story of persistence and great determination.

Let that rub off onto all of us regarding life in general.

I enjoy reading the posts about your O2 experiences.

Hi Jabe,

Thank you - I was also fortunate enough to have the money and a job that would allow me to go.

The journal I kept is 20 pages long. Other "low" lights from "My O2 Saga:

1.) I got scammed by a ticket lout from England (credit card company eventaully covered it) to the tune of $1200.00.

2.) The day I was to fly to London, we had an ice storm that shut down the airport (fortunately, I had scheduled my flights for a couple extra days in London BEFORE the show).

3.) In London, two punks in the West end near my hotel tried to rob me while I was walking back one night. All they had were knives. I laughed at them, said "I'm an American - we use guns where I'm from" and kept walking!

• 2 months later...

Mike, I wish I could see them live, too. I tried to get a ticket for 2007 Show in London. But no chance. You lucky bastard swa them several times and you met Robert. What else do you want??? :-) Best from Germany, Chris

IS THERE ANY CHANCE @ ALL THAT THE BAND MEMBERS WILL REUNITE FOR A SERIES OF CONCERTS IN 2012?

I KNOW THAT ROBERT PLANT IS DEAD-SET AGAINST THE IDEA, BUT THE OTHERS ARE WILLING TO PARTICIPATE... PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MIND ROBERT, GIVE ONE LAST GENERATION OF FANS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAY, "I SAW LED ZEPPELIN LIVE IN 2012!!"

I FIRST SAW THE BAND @ KNEBWORTH ON AUGUST 4TH, 1979 - MY FIRST CONCERT (@ AGE 13), AND HAVE SEEN EVERY INCARNATION OF EACH OF THE BAND MEMBERS GROUPS SINCE. I MET ROBERT OUTSIDE THE BIRMINGHAM, N.E.C. IN 1985 AFTER "THE FIRM" HAD JUST PLAYED AN AWESOME SET... HE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO SIGN A "FIRM" ALBUM COVER AND POSE FOR A PICTURE WITH ME. ONE INTERESTING THING SAID WAS, "I REALLY MUST GO SEE JIMMY NOW, I'LL BE BACK IN 20 MINUTES." @ 20:35 SECONDS, HE EXITED THE BUILDING. ONE BLOKE ASKED HIM, "DID JIMMY HAVE ANYTHING INTERESTING TO SAY?" TO WHICH HE REPLIED, "OH NO JUST THE USUAL, ASKED ME TO LOAN HIM A FIVER!" WE ALL LAUGHED,,, I REMEMBER AS HE KISSED HIS DAUGHTER TELLING HER, "SEE YOU IN FLORIDA". @ WHICH TIME HE SHED HIS FULL LENGTH LEATHER JACKET, TOSSED IT IN THE BACKSEAT OF HIS BROWN MERCEDES (DIESEL), AND STARTED IT UP YO LEAVE. I REMEMBER STANDING IN THE HEADLIGHTS, GIVING HIM A PEACE SIGN, AND RECEIVING A WAVE AS HE BACKED AWAY AND LEFT. QUITE AN EXPERIENCE, TO MEET YOUR "ROCK GOD IDOL", HAVE HIM BE SO KIND AND COURTEOUS TOWARD YOU. I WAS 20 YEARS OLD THEN AND A MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATED AIR FORCE... THAT WAS 25+ YEARS AGO NOW, BUT IS STILL "CLEAR AS A BELL" IN MY MEMORY!! I WAS AMONG THE LUCKY SOULS TO ATTAIN A TICKET FOR THE TRIBUTE CONCERT FOR AHMET ERTEGUN IN 2007, AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE AF THE "REUNION" SHOW THAT NIGHT!

I ONLY HOPE THAT THIS WILL NOT HAVE BEEN THE LAST TIME THAT THEY PERFORM LIVE AS ONE AGAIN!

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED...

MICHAEL S. MARSHALL

(DAYTON, OHIO USA)

IS THERE ANY CHANCE @ ALL THAT THE BAND MEMBERS WILL REUNITE FOR A SERIES OF CONCERTS IN 2012?

I KNOW THAT ROBERT PLANT IS DEAD-SET AGAINST THE IDEA, BUT THE OTHERS ARE WILLING TO PARTICIPATE... PLEASE CHANGE YOUR MIND ROBERT, GIVE ONE LAST GENERATION OF FANS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAY, "I SAW LED ZEPPELIN LIVE IN 2012!!"

I FIRST SAW THE BAND @ KNEBWORTH ON AUGUST 4TH, 1979 - MY FIRST CONCERT (@ AGE 13), AND HAVE SEEN EVERY INCARNATION OF EACH OF THE BAND MEMBERS GROUPS SINCE. I MET ROBERT OUTSIDE THE BIRMINGHAM, N.E.C. IN 1985 AFTER "THE FIRM" HAD JUST PLAYED AN AWESOME SET... HE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO SIGN A "FIRM" ALBUM COVER AND POSE FOR A PICTURE WITH ME. ONE INTERESTING THING SAID WAS, "I REALLY MUST GO SEE JIMMY NOW, I'LL BE BACK IN 20 MINUTES." @ 20:35 SECONDS, HE EXITED THE BUILDING. ONE BLOKE ASKED HIM, "DID JIMMY HAVE ANYTHING INTERESTING TO SAY?" TO WHICH HE REPLIED, "OH NO JUST THE USUAL, ASKED ME TO LOAN HIM A FIVER!" WE ALL LAUGHED,,, I REMEMBER AS HE KISSED HIS DAUGHTER TELLING HER, "SEE YOU IN FLORIDA". @ WHICH TIME HE SHED HIS FULL LENGTH LEATHER JACKET, TOSSED IT IN THE BACKSEAT OF HIS BROWN MERCEDES (DIESEL), AND STARTED IT UP YO LEAVE. I REMEMBER STANDING IN THE HEADLIGHTS, GIVING HIM A PEACE SIGN, AND RECEIVING A WAVE AS HE BACKED AWAY AND LEFT. QUITE AN EXPERIENCE, TO MEET YOUR "ROCK GOD IDOL", HAVE HIM BE SO KIND AND COURTEOUS TOWARD YOU. I WAS 20 YEARS OLD THEN AND A MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATED AIR FORCE... THAT WAS 25+ YEARS AGO NOW, BUT IS STILL "CLEAR AS A BELL" IN MY MEMORY!! I WAS AMONG THE LUCKY SOULS TO ATTAIN A TICKET FOR THE TRIBUTE CONCERT FOR AHMET ERTEGUN IN 2007, AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE AF THE "REUNION" SHOW THAT NIGHT!

I ONLY HOPE THAT THIS WILL NOT HAVE BEEN THE LAST TIME THAT THEY PERFORM LIVE AS ONE AGAIN!

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED...

MICHAEL S. MARSHALL

(DAYTON, OHIO USA)

Archived