The New Orleans Thread

Rock Historian

Hello Ludwig! yes^^ what justawoman said, if you have a photo of them backstage at the Warehouse, PLEASE post it!!! What is funny is that you can bet some of us were at the same concerts!! Those were some of the best times in my life at The Warehouse :peace:

Hi Ludwig! :wave: There are so many of us here from N.O. that we have our own thread! So cool! If you come across that pic of Jimmy and Robert backstage at the Warehouse, please post it. Went to so many concerts at the Warehouse, but it's all a blurr - LOL - due to age and mood enhancers during my formative years. I do remember the first concert I ever went to in my life was at the Warehouse. It was Steve Marriott when he was with Humble Pie, after that it was downhill (or uphill :P ) from there! Fond memories!

That pick can be found on Facebook The Warehouse has several sites

^^ Great photos MissMelanie...a lot of history there. Mr. Cage can be spotted in the quarter from time to time. My son called me last year and he was excited as he said this man walked up to him and introduced himself as a neighbor. He had purchased the house across the street from my condo in the quarter..it was Laurence Fishburn!!!!. He told my son to call him Larry:-)

Was anyone else at this Stones concert? I was in the mosh pit about 20/30 rows back from the stage...and we kept being moved around as the floor in those days was really wild. It was at the Superdome mid July of 1978...I remember I was dripping wet by the time the concert started as it was mid summer and the place was packed.

The Rolling Stones - Sweet Little Sixteen - Live New Orleans 1978

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctQ_COdkYco

Attended this Show The Rolling Stones,The Doobie Brothers and Van Halen 13 July 1978

Another great Warehouse concert (I think September 23, 1975)....audio only. I wished I could find live footage:-)

Fleetwood Mac

Don't Let Me Down Again (New Orleans 1975)

Rhiannon (New Orleans 1975)

They also Played City Park Stadium during the Summer of 75 with ZZ-Top,Jeff Beck,Aerosmith,Trooper,J Boy Adams another great Outdoor show

I'll have too take time out soon to do a brief history/summary of Morgus the Magnificent....another New Orleans celebrity and living legend.

Morgus was around when I was a Kid in the Early 60,s on the Saturday Night Creature Features Chopsly Rocks !!!

That pick can be found on Facebook The Warehouse has several sites

Thanks Al for that info. I'm going to check it out.

(BTW, my daughter and son-in-law live in St. Amant. Not many people from So. Louisiana know where St. Amant is.)

. . . this one will be like all the same.

God, let's hope it's not going to be anything like Katrina! New Orleans doesn't need that!!

I'm worried that this thing is moving soooooooo slow. It's going to dump a lot of rain, and the winds are going to continue for 24+ hours. Not good.

Hey Deb, Yeah, I have this unsettling feeling that I can't shake, I guess it being 7 years ago almost to the day that Katrina came ashore. I'm worried for the city. I hope all the new pumps and levees will do their job. You know that when N.O. gets 5-7" inches of rain, streets flood.

I saw a few news conferences with Mitch Landrieu and he seems very confident and in charge. I really like that guy. I hope all is going to be OK, but I am worried for my hometown.

Thanks for thinking of me, but we're going to be fine here in Lafayette. So far, just a really nice breeze with a few gusts. It's actually been kinda nice.

ZEBRA & CARMINE APPICE - WAIT UNTIL THE SUMMERS GONE - BROOKHAVEN AMPITHTRE

Zebra, Ace Frehley, Warrant, Facelift, Madco, Craving Strange^^ Long Island Rock Fest

ZEBRA at the Pennysaver Amphitheater 9/2/12 Who's Behind the Door

For those of us who grew up in New Orleans, this was our hometown boys. To grow up with people and watch them accomplish so much, yet they were still our friends. Great human beings who just happen to be great musicians:-) They sort of filled that empty spot after 1980 for me. If you know Zebra (Randy, Guy & Felix), then you know they love Led Zeppelin! A lot of really great memories...and a shout out to our New Orleans band:-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We're going somewhere for Valentine's Day this year - it was New Orleans last year - and to be perfectly honest, I'd love to just go back again.

We had a blast, and I definitely want to get back there.

It's a wonderful, energetic time in the city right now!! You can feel it in the air, between The pre-Superbowl festivities and the Mardi Gras season parades. To top it off I am in the middle of it all, enjoying eveything surrounding these events. Of all the places in the city and metro area, The Ravens are practicing at a facility where i work, (Tulane University) and I will be doing the set -up/break down (electric and sound) for the ESPN show, "Mike and Mike" which is going to be broadcast from McAlister Auditorium (inside Tulane's campus) tonight @ 7:30.

http://tulane.edu/news/newwave/012413_espn.cfm

The Craig Ferguson show is doing a live taping in Jackson Square (in the French Quarter) tomorrow night. I will be attending it with my wife. Good times!!!!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/craig-fergusons-post-super-bowl-413186

Was watching some of this today. Documentary about Katrina and its survivors.

I also remember 'Con Cat' the cat that was saved by its owner after 3 weeks.

That was a shitty thing making people leave their pets behind. <_<

81KOaLIDSML._AA1500_.jpg

Was watching some of this today. Documentary about Katrina and its survivors.

I also remember 'Con Cat' the cat that was saved by its owner after 3 weeks.

That was a shitty thing making people leave their pets behind. <_<

81KOaLIDSML._AA1500_.jpg

When it comes to animals Red, I'll put my life on the line. There are some horror stories and most are true-of Police shooting dogs that were left behind. I'd either be dead or in jail, if I had witnessed that- my hand to God.

When it comes to animals Red, I'll put my life on the line. There are some horror stories and most are true-of Police shooting dogs that were left behind. I'd either be dead or in jail, if I had witnessed that- my hand to God.

I feel the same. I'd like to know who the asshole was who gave the order to leave the animals behind. :mad:

Archived