what did you get for christmas? any zep stuff?

slave to zep

my beautiful hubby got me the song remains the same on vinyl, a copy of " led zeppelin, the stories behind every led zeppelin song " by chris welch, a christmas edition of record collector magazine that features jimmy and robert on the cover, and a dvd of the season of that 70's show that has all episodes named after zep songs. plus new speakers for my car!

woohoo!

Wow, slave to zep, you did okay! Strider we open our gifts on Christmas Eve in my home so the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, lol.

I got Harry Potter on Blu-Ray, The Deathly Hallows, Part 2. I also got The Lucy Show, Season 5, also 3 new shirts, a beautiful amber pendant, a black evening bag, new flatware, and the big surprise.......a turntable with a USB port thing! Now, after years I can finally drag out all my vinyl from the closet. Oh, and the turntable box had a 100 dollars tucked in it...woo hoo, bonus! Santa and his elves (my family) were most generous to me. A great Christmas with lots of good food too.

I guess I didn't get anything exactly Zep related, but you can be sure once I get that turntable hooked up, I'll be dragging out one of my THREE copies (1 almost pristine) of Houses of the Holy. So, in a way I guess I did get some Zep for Christmas too. :)

Hope everyone got what they wanted, be it a certain gift or the gift of being with family and friends.

................Missy :)

I got a record player, and with that I got zep 1 or at least I thought i did until i played it and some girls were singing. Then I turned the album cover over and instead of zep there is four girls. then the best part is when i looked closely at the front instead of led zeppelin it was LEZ zeppelin - an all girl tribute rock band...what the fuck.

No Zep stuff but we had a wonderful family day. Father in law on the accordion with his grandson's on guitar and drums doing an impromptu Christmas jam. Lot's of laugh's and a good time had by all ! That's all I needed :)

ha ha strider ... yeah, we're ahead of our time ..... :)

missy : you did well too!

vule69 : i know how you feel. i only had christmas day off :(

betteremily : nice :)

stairway : you wish!

sloop : DOH!

jay cee : sounds cool! i have a zep iv clock with the hermit on it :)

jahfin : cool hat!

ally : that sounds best of all! :)

I got money for Christmas, the same thing I've gotten for Christmas for years. That way I buy what I want, and I don't have to spend months dropping obnoxious hints for people, or making said people try and read my mind to figure out what I want.

that's seems a bit sad that you have nobody that knows you well enough to be able to surprise you with a gift. :(

my hubby listens to me. he knows me so well, just from our conversations and the things i comment on etc. :)

that's seems a bit sad

Not hardly. I'm also a bit insulted by the insinuation that I'm some island unto myself living in a cave. I get money for my birthday, I get money for Christmas. I also get gift cards to specific stores or Amazon sometimes. They know what I like, so they make sure I can get it. I don't see what the issue is here. I'm not one of those women who thumbs through a catalog or something and says, "Oh gee, I bet that necklace would look so nice around my neck." I just think that's tacky.

My best friend knows I love books. She got me a $200 gift card to Barnes and Noble. I'll buying books for quite a while with that.

Not hardly. I'm also a bit insulted by the insinuation that I'm some island unto myself living in a cave. I get money for my birthday, I get money for Christmas. I also get gift cards to specific stores or Amazon sometimes. They know what I like, so they make sure I can get it. I don't see what the issue is here. I'm not one of those women who thumbs through a catalog or something and says, "Oh gee, I bet that necklace would look so nice around my neck." I just think that's tacky.

My best friend knows I love books. She got me a $200 gift card to Barnes and Noble. I'll buying books for quite a while with that.

i'm not either. my husband knows what i like, because he knows me. ditto for my friends and family. they don't always get the exact thing, but usually on the right track.

i'm not materialistic at all. i hate shopping, i own about 5 pairs of shoes, NO handbags ( truly, i only use a wallet ), only jewellery is my engagement and wedding rings. don't wear earings etc etc

i just think it would be nice if someone close to you could have gone and put some real thought into YOU. but each to their own.

i just think it would be nice if someone close to you could have gone and put some real thought into YOU. but each to their own.

If someone knows I love books, and they get me a gift card to Barnes & Noble, a place where you can buy lots and lots of books, that's putting some thought into something for me. You don't spend that kind of money on a person if you're not sure they're going to appreciate it.

You care far too much about what I got for Christmas. I don't need you worrying about whether or not the people in my life are giving me gifts for Christmas that meet your standards. I'd rather give gifts than receive them, so what I ask for from people is often simple and non-obtrusive. I don't like obsequious fawning. I don't see why you need to be bothered/annoyed/upset/saddened/etc., by that. I've never had an unhappy Christmas in my 29 years of life, and I don't think that's going to start happening anytime soon.

I can't even believe this is a topic of conversation.