what did you get for christmas? any zep stuff?

slave to zep

If someone knows I love books, and they get me a gift card to Barnes & Noble, a place where you can buy lots and lots of books, that's putting some thought into something for me. You don't spend that kind of money on a person if you're not sure they're going to appreciate it.

You care far too much about what I got for Christmas. I don't need you worrying about whether or not the people in my life are giving me gifts for Christmas that meet your standards. I'd rather give gifts than receive them, so what I ask for from people is often simple and non-obtrusive. I don't like obsequious fawning. I don't see why you need to be bothered/annoyed/upset/saddened/etc., by that. I've never had an unhappy Christmas in my 29 years of life, and I don't think that's going to start happening anytime soon.

I can't even believe this is a topic of conversation.

i couldn't care less what someone as rude as you got for christmas, but you posted in my thread, so i replied to your post.

you are having yourself on if you think someone has put thought into buying a gift card, but your friend does get points for buying a book shop one i guess!

i don't need to be bothered/annoyed/upset/saddened by anything you or anyone else feels. i was trying to be polite, but since you don't seem to be able to be, then i'll say what i really think about someone who gets money and gift cards off her loved ones : pathetic!

and let me guess, you also give money and/or gift cards too, right?

why not just all save yourselves the trouble, and keep your own money in your pockets?

and you know nothing about my standards, so don't go making accusations about them, thankyou. i am actually one of the least materialistic people i know.

:peace:

I'm so, so glad you care so, so much what I got for Christmas, you felt the all-encompassing need to make sure I know exactly what you think of what my friends and family chose to buy me for Christmas. I think it's despicable frankly, that you've chosen to go on like you have about it. I merely answered the question "what did you get for Christmas?" and for some strange reason, you opted to act like what people you don't know got someone else you don't know, was wrong. Explain to me why that is. I don't give a rat's ass if you think giving someone money for Christmas is good, bad, or indifferent. I didn't reply to the thread to have my family's choice in gifts mocked and/or criticized because they don't fit YOUR standards for what a good Christmas present entails. Do you see me doing that to anyone else? So why the hell are you doing it to me? And you have the balls to call ME rude?! You're damn right I'm being rude. You're basically insulting my family and friends, and you're nuts if you think I'm not going to take issue with that.

To answer your question, I give people money and/or gift cards if that's what they ask for. If they don't ask for that, they don't get that. My sister got an iPhone, my mother got some new Calphalon cookware, and my dad got some new sweaters. My best friend asked for an iTunes gift card, that's what I got her. I got her husband a hockey jersey. That's what he asked for.

Edited by Electrophile

I'm so, so glad you care so, so much what I got for Christmas, you felt the all-encompassing need to make sure I know exactly what you think of what my friends and family chose to buy me for Christmas. I think it's despicable frankly, that you've chosen to go on like you have about it. I merely answered the question "what did you get for Christmas?" and for some strange reason, you opted to act like what people you don't know got someone else you don't know, was wrong. Explain to me why that is. I don't give a rat's ass if you think giving someone money for Christmas is good, bad, or indifferent. I didn't reply to the thread to have my family's choice in gifts mocked and/or criticized because they don't fit YOUR standards for what a good Christmas present entails. Do you see me doing that to anyone else? So why the hell are you doing it to me? And you have the balls to call ME rude?!

To answer your question, I give people money and/or gift cards if that's what they ask for. If they don't ask for that, they don't get that. My sister got an iPhone, my mother got some new Calphalon cookware, and my dad got some new sweaters. My best friend asked for an iTunes gift card, that's what I got her. I got her husband a hockey jersey.

Lol. Calm down eager beaver. All she is saying which I agree with is a good present has meaning not just someone throwing money at you without thinking.

electrophile you have me all wrong. as i said, i don't care what you particularly got or gave for christmas, i really don't. but i will reply when people post /reply to me.

i didn't say what you gave/got was wrong, just that it was a bit thoughtless. i did use the word pathetic, because that's how i see it. sorry if that offended you. but i also said ' each to their own "

we can agree to disagree, that's fine.

like i said before, PEACE!

No Zep stuff, BD has enough for both of us...

I got 3 cd's

House slippers

Lovley picture frame

PJ's

Huge Basket of Bubble bath & Shower Gel, with Body Lotions

Best of all... 'ANTI WRINKLE CREAM'... Just have to see if it work's now... :lol:

No big prezzie this year as I really didn't need anything, like 'Slave' apart from my Wedding Ring I don't wear any Jewellery.

The Wall. Again.

Hello LedZeppfan77!

I don't know if this will help, but last year I was traveling a lot and I was sitting in the Atlanta airport waiting on a flight and a lot of young military men were going back to Afghanistan and we started talking. I had a few LZ CD's in my carry on luggage and one of these young men stated how much he was getting into LZ, anyhow I can't tell you the pleasure it gave me to give one of those young men a CD.

Or maybe an organization for big brother, whatever you want to contribute to:-)

Edit: sorry I did not see your above post....

Edited by Deborah J

Its great Margie to have it but its expensive to buy the little refills. I think pretty much all companies will jump on board. I hope Tim Hortons does. Anyway, I must keep this Led Zeppelin Store in mind for my birthday and next Xmas. I had forgotten about it. I intend to get a few items from the store here.