Prince

Roxie

• 4 months later...

well I`ve been a fan of Prince for a long time. he his an amazing musician, live showman to...

To what? ;)

It's almost pointless to post Prince clips because his lawyers/sharks pull them almost immediately and what you end up with is a thread full of dead links. Fortunately, you can still find interviews with him on the internet. One of the best Prince stories of recent vintage was the cover article from V magazine last year:

http://www.vmagazine.com/site/content/1262/everlasting-now

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Rest in Peace Prince Rogers Nelson.

Now that this Prince news appears to be real and not a hoax, I am shell-shocked...verklempt. The man was only a few years older than me and still such a dynamo and had so much more music to give the world. This hits as hard as David Bowie's passing. You can have Michael Jackson...Prince was the one. One of the greatest guitar players and all-around entertainers (singing, dancing, songwriting) I have ever seen. So much talent snuffed out so young...it's unfair. I can't say anymore...leave me alone now.

Edited by Strider

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Now that this Prince news appears to be real and not a hoax, I am shell-shocked...verklempt. The man was only a few years older than me and still such a dynamo and had so much more music to give the world. This hits as hard as David Bowie's passing. You can have Michael Jackson...Prince was the one. One of the greatest guitar players and all-around entertainers (singing, dancing, songwriting) I have ever seen. So much talent snuffed out so young...it's unfair. I can't say anymore...leave me alone now.

Yep, well said.  I'm gutted...

http://deadspin.com/lets-watch-princes-super-bowl-halftime-show-the-best-w-1772302774?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

There really are no words. His gift in music, his talent, his support of women..not just one of the absolute most talented musicians in my lifetime, but a wonderful human being. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones in this time. I know I have so many memories that I associate with his music. He was just far to young, I really am in such a state of sadness & shock right now.

The doves must be crying right now. R.I.P. Prince. 

I cannot believe this, he was so young and he just performed a concert less than a week ago and partied as well. I hear he became deeply spiritual in the last 15 years and neither drank nor used drugs so this is strange. Prince has always been in my top 5...Zeppelin, Floyd, Prince, Queen, Parliament, however IMO Prince was the single most talented musician of the past 60 years. Not only was he a prolific writer, the guy could play several instruments AND play them better than anyone else. Prince was an amazing guitarist, just as good as Page & Beck, and, unlike either of them could play basketball like a MOFO!

So far 2016 can kiss my ass, if 1959 was the year the music died, this is they year it was cremated and scattered to the winds.

2 hours ago, IpMan said:

I cannot believe this, he was so young and he just performed a concert less than a week ago and partied as well. I hear he became deeply spiritual in the last 15 years and neither drank nor used drugs so this is strange. Prince has always been in my top 5...Zeppelin, Floyd, Prince, Queen, Parliament, however IMO Prince was the single most talented musician of the past 60 years. Not only was he a prolific writer, the guy could play several instruments AND play them better than anyone else. Prince was an amazing guitarist, just as good as Page & Beck, and, unlike either of them could play basketball like a MOFO!

So far 2016 can kiss my ass, if 1959 was the year the music died, this is they year it was cremated and scattered to the winds.

Hello IpMan,

Music is the universal language, yes? Politics, etc aside...thank you for this post.  My Dad shared with me just this weekend a FB message highlighting the 60's with Don McLean's 'American Pie' which brought me to tears, and here I am again, crying.

Simpler times.

peace 

Edited by planted

On 4/21/2016 at 3:02 PM, Strider said:

Well said Strider and you pretty much summed it up how I too feel about Prince!