Prince

Roxie

5 hours ago, ebk said:

^^That was cool!

I went to see Under the Cherry Moon tonight.  Hadn't seen it before.  It's a fun movie - not good, but fun :) 

What a coincidink...I was at the theatre tonight seeing a Prince movie, too. Not "Under the Cherry Moon"...it was "Purple Rain". Plus an hour of other Prince videos from his early days thru "Diamonds and Pearls", along with songs he wrote for other people or side sessions. The Time, Vanity 6, Sheila E., The Bangles, Chaka Khan, Sinead O'Connor.

20160505_213916-1.thumb.jpg.4be6b221dfcc

7 hours ago, ebk said:

^^That was cool!

I went to see Under the Cherry Moon tonight.  Hadn't seen it before.  It's a fun movie - not good, but fun :) 

Love that movie..............so silly that it's a new form of art.

3 hours ago, reswati said:

Love that movie..............so silly that it's a new form of art.

It's got Kristin Scott Thomas, for pete's sake! That alone makes it watchable...and miles and miles above the nadir that is "Graffiti Bridge". 

That is the movie that almost put me off Prince for good.

Hahaha! Remember when Prince performed at the Super Bowl? Well, he also appeared in the post-Super Bowl episode of Zooey Deschanel's TV show "New Girl". He is pretty funny and looks like he'd make a great "life coach". The butterfly is a nice touch.

Edited by Strider

• 11 months later...

GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - The long-awaited search warrants in Prince's death have been unsealed, revealing a lengthy list of prescription medications found throughout the singer's estate, some in the name of one of his oldest confidants -- and several containing controlled substances.

The search warrants, made public Monday morning, show more than 100 white capsules labeled Watson 853 were hidden in Aleve and Bayer Aspirin bottles and found in numerous rooms inside Paisley Park.

An online search reveals a multitude of sources that say that capsule is a mixture of acetaminophen and hydrocodone, a prescription classified as a narcotic.

CVS prescription bottles under the name Kirk Johnson -- Prince's former drummer, bodyguard and close, personal friend -- were found in the dressing room and mirror room. Each contained several different kinds of controlled substances.

Johnson has been working with Prince since the early 1980s. He is one of the only people who had unrestricted access to Paisley Park.

Investigators say after learning of Prince's toxicology screening, which showed he had a lethal dose of Fentanyl in his system at the time of his death, they found no prescriptions issued under his name -- but Johnson had a prescription for Oxycodone, which was prescribed by Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg.

Schulenberg is the same doctor who was at Paisley Park on April 21 (the day of Prince's death) when deputies arrived on scene and the same doctor who admitted to authorities, he prescribed Oxycodone for Prince on April 14, the day before he overdosed while returning from a show in Atlanta, forcing his plane into an emergency landing.

Schulenberg told detectives he put that prescription in Johnson's name for Prince's privacy. *****Is that even Legal????*****

It's been nearly a year since Prince died from an accidental overdose at the Paisley Park estate, after being found unresponsive in one of the elevators.

Despite the search warrants which reveal Prince's access to other controlled substances, investigators still haven't traced the source of the Fentanyl that killed him, according to the latest search warrants filed last September.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/prince-docs-reveal-several-prescription-drugs-in-confidants-name/431848290

Edited by The Rover

Prince was, without a doubt, the single most musically talented human being on the face of this earth since Mozart. What an incredible prodigy, and, he played a mean ass game of basketball as well.

That being said, that Johnson guy was one seriously sketchy dude. Saw that interview with him at Paisley Park from last year and the guy came across as a serious creep and general asshole. The reporter was very gracious and carefully worded every question in the most respectful manner possible yet this guy's answers were purposely antagonistic, sarcastic, and rather nasty.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Live Nation Urban and TCG Entertainment are proud to present the first and only official Estate approved symphonic presentation of Prince’s music, titled 4U: A Symphonic Celebration of Prince. In addition, each show will feature a live band who will perform collectively with the orchestra.

https://www.4uprince.com/tour

https://www.4uprince.com/reviews

Sample Setlist:

For you

Controversy

Something in the Water

Computer Blue

Automatic

Christoper Tracey’s Parade

New Position

I wonder u

Under the cherry moon

Venus de milo / Alex de Paris

Nothing compares 2 u

The beautiful ones

It ain’t over til the fat lady sings

All My Dreams

Intermission

Let’s go crazy

When doves cry

Little red corvette

Erotic City

Starfish and coffee

Take me with you

Irresistible bitch

Raspberry beret

Baby I’m a star

Purple Rain

• 7 months later...

ather's Song is an instrumental recorded on 24 October 1983 at Prince's Kiowa Trail Home Studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota, USA. It was tentatively included on an early configuration of Purple Rain. The song appears in the Purple Rain movie, where Prince's character "The Kid" storms in the house looking for his father and finds him playing the song on piano. Predating the recording of the standalone track, the main melody was included as a motif in Computer Blue.

Somewhere at 2:30 in Computer blues in your clip I think it starts?

Edited by PanicCooker

50 minutes ago, PanicCooker said:

ather's Song is an instrumental recorded on 24 October 1983 at Prince's Kiowa Trail Home Studio in Chanhassen, Minnesota, USA. It was tentatively included on an early configuration of Purple Rain. The song appears in the Purple Rain movie, where Prince's character "The Kid" storms in the house looking for his father and finds him playing the song on piano. Predating the recording of the standalone track, the main melody was included as a motif in Computer Blue.

somewhere at 2:30 in Computer blues in your clip I think it starts>?

Yes, M'Darlin' ! The Genre changes, too.

😊

Yeah. The m

On 4/26/2019 at 8:09 AM, apantherfrommd said:

Musical Genius

Ye he was! So different. To be honest , i din't like his style for many years, but i saw another side of him recently that made me change my mind.  Can't really compare him to anyone in his persona and style 

• 1 year later...

The famous 1985 concert at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse will be streamed free on Prince's YouTube channel this weekend beginning Friday. Were you at this concert @Walter? @LedZeppfan1977?

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/prince-revolution-concert-youtube-coronavirus-relief-1234604515/?fbclid=IwAR2DuYUD7v-W-xyKoGBKQn-pztwxOP30pl1uZxrHUvyzY9QBKh4tfae5WdQ

1 hour ago, Strider said:

The famous 1985 concert at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse will be streamed free on Prince's YouTube channel this weekend beginning Friday. Were you at this concert @Walter? @LedZeppfan1977?

https://variety.com/2020/digital/news/prince-revolution-concert-youtube-coronavirus-relief-1234604515/?fbclid=IwAR2DuYUD7v-W-xyKoGBKQn-pztwxOP30pl1uZxrHUvyzY9QBKh4tfae5WdQ

Yup! I was 15, waited in a line wrapping around the Carrier Dome to get tickets. 

The night of the show was a wild one... I have a dvd of the show. Mrs W is forever jealous that I saw him on that tour. Amazing show, memorable night.

Edited by Walter

On 5/13/2020 at 7:02 PM, Strider said:

No.  Not ever at the Carrier dome other than my daughters graduation.  I was 28 in 85

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 6:02 PM, Strider said:

Now available on YouTube (here in the US):

Edited by The Rover