Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Roxie

Prince

108 posts in this topic

well I`ve been a fan of Prince for a long time. he his an amazing musician, live showman to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I`ve been a fan of Prince for a long time. he his an amazing musician, live showman to...

To what? ;)

It's almost pointless to post Prince clips because his lawyers/sharks pull them almost immediately and what you end up with is a thread full of dead links. Fortunately, you can still find interviews with him on the internet. One of the best Prince stories of recent vintage was the cover article from V magazine last year:

http://www.vmagazine.com/site/content/1262/everlasting-now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to the musicians amazing output :friends::peace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mrs is always singing this one, it's a fun tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym-FRRagAxY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Charles J this is a great song by Prince and yes its funny too!. thanks for the vid . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A heck of a guitar player and a great songwriter, imo. I was a big fan during the 1980s and saw him perform twice. I kind of lost interest in his music in the 90's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable! I'm in shock. This sucks RIP Prince

Edited by badgeholder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest in Peace Prince Rogers Nelson.

Now that this Prince news appears to be real and not a hoax, I am shell-shocked...verklempt. The man was only a few years older than me and still such a dynamo and had so much more music to give the world. This hits as hard as David Bowie's passing. You can have Michael Jackson...Prince was the one. One of the greatest guitar players and all-around entertainers (singing, dancing, songwriting) I have ever seen. So much talent snuffed out so young...it's unfair. I can't say anymore...leave me alone now.

Edited by Strider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strider said:

Rest in Peace Prince Rogers Nelson.

Now that this Prince news appears to be real and not a hoax, I am shell-shocked...verklempt. The man was only a few years older than me and still such a dynamo and had so much more music to give the world. This hits as hard as David Bowie's passing. You can have Michael Jackson...Prince was the one. One of the greatest guitar players and all-around entertainers (singing, dancing, songwriting) I have ever seen. So much talent snuffed out so young...it's unfair. I can't say anymore...leave me alone now.

Yep, well said.  I'm gutted...

http://deadspin.com/lets-watch-princes-super-bowl-halftime-show-the-best-w-1772302774?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There really are no words. His gift in music, his talent, his support of women..not just one of the absolute most talented musicians in my lifetime, but a wonderful human being. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones in this time. I know I have so many memories that I associate with his music. He was just far to young, I really am in such a state of sadness & shock right now.

The doves must be crying right now. R.I.P. Prince. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot believe this, he was so young and he just performed a concert less than a week ago and partied as well. I hear he became deeply spiritual in the last 15 years and neither drank nor used drugs so this is strange. Prince has always been in my top 5...Zeppelin, Floyd, Prince, Queen, Parliament, however IMO Prince was the single most talented musician of the past 60 years. Not only was he a prolific writer, the guy could play several instruments AND play them better than anyone else. Prince was an amazing guitarist, just as good as Page & Beck, and, unlike either of them could play basketball like a MOFO!

So far 2016 can kiss my ass, if 1959 was the year the music died, this is they year it was cremated and scattered to the winds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a fantastic retrospective going, on MTV2HD.  Channel 333 if you have directv.

Edited by Walter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Walter said:

There is a fantastic retrospective going, on MTV2HD.  Channel 333 if you have directv.

Glad we just got directv last week and thank you for posting this, Walter!  Enjoying When Doves Cry right now!

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the heads-up Walter.  I don't have DirecTV, but it is on MTV2 on Comcast.  Not HD, but the music is what matters...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IpMan said:

I cannot believe this, he was so young and he just performed a concert less than a week ago and partied as well. I hear he became deeply spiritual in the last 15 years and neither drank nor used drugs so this is strange. Prince has always been in my top 5...Zeppelin, Floyd, Prince, Queen, Parliament, however IMO Prince was the single most talented musician of the past 60 years. Not only was he a prolific writer, the guy could play several instruments AND play them better than anyone else. Prince was an amazing guitarist, just as good as Page & Beck, and, unlike either of them could play basketball like a MOFO!

So far 2016 can kiss my ass, if 1959 was the year the music died, this is they year it was cremated and scattered to the winds.

Hello IpMan,

Music is the universal language, yes? Politics, etc aside...thank you for this post.  My Dad shared with me just this weekend a FB message highlighting the 60's with Don McLean's 'American Pie' which brought me to tears, and here I am again, crying.

Simpler times.

peace 

Edited by planted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2016 at 3:02 PM, Strider said:

Rest in Peace Prince Rogers Nelson.

Now that this Prince news appears to be real and not a hoax, I am shell-shocked...verklempt. The man was only a few years older than me and still such a dynamo and had so much more music to give the world. This hits as hard as David Bowie's passing. You can have Michael Jackson...Prince was the one. One of the greatest guitar players and all-around entertainers (singing, dancing, songwriting) I have ever seen. So much talent snuffed out so young...it's unfair. I can't say anymore...leave me alone now.

Well said Strider and you pretty much summed it up how I too feel about Prince!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now