NBA season Shorter than usual but its here

LedZeppfan77

I don't think any team could have beat Lebron James last night.. he played like he was possesed.

The Heat, especially James and their Coach were getting crucified in the media for 2 days and he obviously was listening..

The Celtics were flat last night and that didn't help.

It's not over yet though.. but yeah last night was The Celtics best chance.

I don't think any team could have beat Lebron James last night.. he played like he was possesed.

The Heat, especially James and their Coach were getting crucified in the media for 2 days and he obviously was listening..

The Celtics were flat last night and that didn't help.

It's not over yet though.. but yeah last night was The Celtics best chance.

It was certainly King James finest hour yet. All of the so called experts including Magic say its over. Miami will beat them tomorrow because the Celtics are tired. Lets face it, they are older. Assuming they are right, OKC vs Miami will be very interesting. I think the Heat present problems for them down low. From the perimiter OKC has the upper hand no doubt.

King James....what is HE "king" of, non-title winners? I've never seen a player get more accolades for having no overall success in my life! MVP, give me a break! Doesn't he play with 2 other all-stars? :rolleyes:

King James....what is HE "king" of, non-title winners? I've never seen a player get more accolades for having no overall success in my life! MVP, give me a break! Doesn't he play with 2 other all-stars? :rolleyes:

He will get a title sooner or later. But his game last night saved the Heat. Alot of great players have never won titles. When you are playing team sports you can't do it all. Just ask Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.

He will get a title sooner or later. But his game last night saved the Heat. Alot of great players have never won titles. When you are playing team sports you can't do it all. Just ask Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.

I'd ask Thurman Thomas too, but he's busy looking for his helmet.

It's not that innocent...did Jim Kelly or Dan Marino dub themselves "king" - NO! Plus they didn't choke the way James does.

It's not that innocent...did Jim Kelly or Dan Marino dub themselves "king" - NO! Plus they didn't choke the way James does.

Lebron James is a strange mixture of decent guy and complete ego maniac.

He plowed into Rajon Rondo in game 2. He absolutely flattened him.

It was an accident and you could tell he was concerned and tried to help Rondo up. I respect that side of him alot...

I was also pissed to no end that The Refs called a foul on Rondo for it.. A foul for getting steamrolled.

I think even Lebron James was surprised.. The guy's good enough that he doesn't need the refs help...

What I don't respect about him is his post game interviews where he talks about HIS game and how HE had a good game and what He can do to make his team mates play better... Not a WE to be heard ...

Counting Championships before The Heat Big 3 played a single second together. That's the stuff that makes people not like him... and the whole team for that matter.

HE should win a title at some point. Maybe even this year. If he continues to play like he did in Game 6.. The Heat should win it all this year.

But I will never call him King James..

The Celtics are a TEAM. They will win or lose as a TEAM.. No finger pointing.

Lets go Heat! :cheer: Should be a damn good Finals with the Heat vs. the Thunder. Heat in 7...

I am really impartial but I agree it will be a good finals. I think OKC is deeper. And I believe that may well be the difference. I see it going six or seven. OKC is going to give them fits from the perimiter. They may not have an answer for Lebron driving the lane but Wade had better play far better in this series than last or its going to be OKC in five or six.

Nice comeback win by the Thunder last night. I have to admit I'm not following this NBA Finals that closely...no Lakers and the Kings had my focus elsewhere.

I like OKC in 6. They seem deeper and fresher. And let's face it, more people want Durant to win his first title than Lebron James.

NBA fans take note: the NBA channel is airing a new documentary on the 1992 Dream Team tonight!!! Looks good.

After watching the celtics play the heat and now the thunder playing them WOW! The thunder are so fresh and full of excitement! The celtics could barely get off the floor in the 4th quarter where Durrant went Jordan last night flying through the air on a fast break slam! What a difference 10-15 years makes. The heat didn't play badly, the thunder were just quicker on defense and in transition.

The key to this series will be whether Wade and Bosh can help Lebron. Wade had better wake up and start hitting his shots or else they are going to be finished. OKC has a far deeper bench and having a bench is a very big deal in this league. Don't forget what Miami had to give up to get Lebron. I predict a battle in game two. But if Wade keeps missing shots, its going spell disaster for the Heat. If Wade comes through, I believe the Heat can win game two and make this a series.

Tonight was the first game of the Finals I watched, and I'm disappointed in how Oklahoma is playing; they're wilting under the pressure, it seems. Especially in the 4th quarter.

James Harden looked like a deer in headlights half the time...this wasn't the James Harden I saw against San Antonio.

Oklahoma blew it...this was the game they HAD to win. Down 3-1 now, they're toast.

Anyone else struck by how much Chris Bosh resembles an alien? He has a freakishly long neck for a male and it's curved at a weird angle. His face is strangely proportioned, too, with very wide-spaced eyes.

Rick, you making any money on bets on this series?

GO HEAT, WOOOO!!!

Anyone else struck by how much Chris Bosh resembles an alien? He has a freakishly long neck for a male and it's curved at a weird angle. His face is strangely proportioned, too, with very wide-spaced eyes.

Bosh looks like one the blue Avatars

• 1 month later...

Really?!? I was out at the movies tonight and then put on some Led Zeppelin for the commute home. So I haven't heard any sports news all day.

I wish I could say I'm excited for the Lakers but I've been really turned off by the ceaseless Dwight Howard drama over the last few years. He's become the Brett Favre of the NBA.

It's an amazing deal for the Lakers, good value for the Nuggets, Philly gave up a lot but gets Bynum, one of the top centers in the league if he gets his head screwed on right again, and Orlando...well, they get a lot of picks and decent young players, but not one marquee name. It's hard to get equal value for a player of Howard's calibre, but this is surprising. They guy has acted like such a wanker that his value likely dropped. That and the Magic were probaly so sick of the act that they just wanted to move on with a young core that will tank for Shabbaz.

I really thought the Magic FO would hold out until January and trade Howard to his preferred destination, Brooklyn, with Houston's assets also being involved, but I guess the Russian gazillionaire's influence does not reach as far here as it does in the mother country.

Breaking news: Dwight Howard traded to Lakers in a 4 team deal involving the Nuggets and the 76ers. Does this move make the Lakers the team to beat as far as the NBA championship is concerned. Only time will tell...

http://espn.go.com/n...m-deal-complete

Monster deal. Sure it makes them the favorite on paper. Are you kidding me? Dwight, Kobe, Gasol, and Steve Nash to serve it up? Yikes. Clippers have a good team, and the 76ers just got better with Bynum. Now they have a power guy down low and are already one of the better perimiter teams. I think the 76ers will fight for the East. But the Lakers and Miami will be picked to be the final.

Archived