NBA season Shorter than usual but its here

LedZeppfan77

Man, Rick, how can you bet basketball?!?

I stopped betting basketball(college and pro) years ago. Too many scandals and incidents with refs for me to ever trust betting basketball again.

I'll only do friendly wagers with friends...like the Lakers-Celtics finals, or fleecing my Heat-loving fans last year against Dallas.

I have to say I am glad the Pacers beat the Lakers Sunday night. Brian Shaw got a little Shaw-shank redemption.

The way the Lakers handled the whole coaching switch from Phil Jackson to Mike Brown was classless and disrespectful to Brian Shaw and the time he put into the Laker organization.

I don't know if it was Jerry Buss or Jim Buss, but Shaw deserved better. Now that Shaw is with the Pacers, I wish him well.

Man, Rick, how can you bet basketball?!?

I stopped betting basketball(college and pro) years ago. Too many scandals and incidents with refs for me to ever trust betting basketball again.

I'll only do friendly wagers with friends...like the Lakers-Celtics finals, or fleecing my Heat-loving fans last year against Dallas.

I have been doing quite well. Been betting the 76ers alot. Layed the points last night and parlayed them with Dallas. I would have had a clean sweep if not for Golden State getting nipped by one. But the NBA has been good to me so far. some tips. Watch out because this year teams are forced to play three straight nights due to the lock out. also, Bet Philly against bad teams and lay the points. they beat the daylights out of you. If the T Wolves are getting big points, take the points.

Ha. But you have all day to hang on a music forum. Ok. Whatever you say there chief.

I have just been checking in when I get a chance, you on the other hand have what about 100 posts today!?!

BTW, Flynn plays for the Rockets!

I have just been checking in when I get a chance, you on the other hand have what about 100 posts today!?!

BTW, Flynn plays for the Rockets!

I did see he was gone from the T Wolves roster. Is he good? I am not famiiiar with him. I do have alot of posts today. But not every day.

I did see he was gone from the T Wolves roster. Is he good? I am not famiiiar with him. I do have alot of posts today. But not every day.

Flynn is a Syracuse boy, left as a sophomore. He spent a couple of seasons with the wolves, now he is in Houston. I thought he would be good in the NBA, but now looks destined to be a journeyman player - unless he gets in the right fit.

Flynn is a Syracuse boy, left as a sophomore. He spent a couple of seasons with the wolves, now he is in Houston. I thought he would be good in the NBA, but now looks destined to be a journeyman player - unless he gets in the right fit.

T Wolves at it again tonight giving Dallas fits. I took a three teamer. Milwaukee (already in), Denver and Golden /State. I am a glutten for punishment.

T Wolves win in Dallas. I am really starting to like this over achieving bunch. I cannot believe how bad Philly was against the NJ Nuts. But Ill excuse them once. The Lakers won one. They are a shadow of their former selves though just like Boston and San Antonio. Old stars of yesteryear hanging on by a thread. Really impressed with Denver lately. I believe right now the west is a four team race. Denver, Dallas, Clippers (yes the Clippers) and Oklahoma City. Okla City is the favorite in Vegas but the only concern I have with them is they are a periimiter team. Does not mean they cant be like Rick Barry's Warriors. Utah and Memphis cant be totally excluded especially Utah. Should be a very fun year as parity has arrived. Gone are the days of the Lakers being a shoe in. The East is pretty much a two horse race between Chicago and Miami now, but that could change if someone should happen to land Dwight Howard. If he is traded during the season look out for whoever gets him. The Knicks are underachievers and are just not good enough. Yet anyways. Milwaukee has played very well as has Indiana but are a cut below the top two and I belive Philly is clearly the third best and then Orlando in the East.

Even though the Lakers have won the last 7 in the series, the T Wolves are favored by 2 today and after being spanked at Milwaukee last night the writing is on the wall the Lakers will not be going very far. Good game today between Clippers and Denver. Those two will be big players in the West

Soulless...gutless...the Lakers are a sorry lot so far. Where's the heart? Where's the passion? Where's the spirit?

Philly is on fire...another double-digit win last night. They are definitely surprising me this year and I bet they are surprising Vegas, too.

I bet Las Vegas underrated them at the beginning of the season, so LedZepFan77, you've been able to get some favourable spreads in your favour. I've gotta think Vegas will start to re-evaluate the 76ers and the lines will start to reflect that and it'll be harder to bet Philly.

Soulless...gutless...the Lakers are a sorry lot so far. Where's the heart? Where's the passion? Where's the spirit?

Philly is on fire...another double-digit win last night. They are definitely surprising me this year and I bet they are surprising Vegas, too.

I bet Las Vegas underrated them at the beginning of the season, so LedZepFan77, you've been able to get some favourable spreads in your favour. I've gotta think Vegas will start to re-evaluate the 76ers and the lines will start to reflect that and it'll be harder to bet Philly.

Indeed. And the T Wolves have been another great team to bet on expecially getting points at home. But todays line they are favored to beat the Lakers. Yes I took them but am a bit scared today. The Cippers and Denver game should be a good one.

This Bulls-Heat game is a good one so far.

Yep. I do not personally believe chicago can beat them in a series. My sleeper in the East will remain Philly. Just imagine them with Howard. Yikes. The New York Dicks cost me a nice parlay last night. I had those cock roaches with Wash and Milwaukee straightup over the Lakers. Took Milw on money line and a small five dollar wager would have gotten me $86. I will not bet the Dicks again.

Oh. My. God. Stop the presses...the Lakers won a road game! It wasn't pretty but at least they won.

And that was the only game I lost today. Check this out Strider. Hit the following parlays: Atlanta with Toronto and T Wolves to score over 98. Three teamer Atlanta minus pts, Dallas money line and Toronto. A couple other small ones and the big one I just had. Three teamer straight up. Cleveland (money line), Toronto (money line) and Clippers over Denver (money line). $5 on that one got me $136.44. What a night I had. I had to sweat out Dallas and Clippers to the end. Big statement win for the Clippers. They are on the map. Chauncey Billups hit three 3 pointers in a row at one point and had 32. The Clippers will have a big say in the West this year. Look out. And in the East, nobody can take Atlanta lightly. They could be another monster killler?

Any opinion on tomorrows game Okla City at Clippers? Should be another dandy?

Cant remember when I liked the NBA this much. I hit a nice parly last night all on money line straight up and all dogs. Cleveland over Boston, Toronto and the Clippers over Denver. Tonight I go back with my 76ers, Milw, Dallas again even though they may be tired after that battle with San Antonio, and I am going out on a limb and taking the Clippers again over a rested Okla City team. Clips are a two and a half point dog at home. I am also putting a very small hunch bet on the Wizards to upset Chicago. I am figuring Chicago may be a bit down after their loss at Miami and will no way be up for this game. It still may not matter as they are far better but upsets happen all the time. Oh, and I took the T Wolves. They are getting 6 1/2 at Houston and for the world of me I do not know why.

Archived