NBA season Shorter than usual but its here

LedZeppfan77

Face it. The Clippers are now the best team in LA. No doubt about it. Clippers. Blake and Chris Paul.

The NBA made sure of that didn't they! The "Association" is still the shadiest league in all of the major professional sports.....

The NBA made sure of that didn't they! The "Association" is still the shadiest league in all of the major professional sports.....

I dont know. I could make a case for the NFL or the NHL too. The Clippers were due and the Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA.

LINSANITY! Jeremy Lin did it again last night...game-winner with .05 seconds on the clock!

The thing that separates him from Yao Ming is that Yao is a giant and wasn't particularly graceful...he didn't need to be. As tall as he was, he was going to be successful as long as he possessed the rudimentary skills.

Jeremy Lin is closer to normal size...at 6'3" he's shorter than me...and clearly can ball. And NO tattoos!

I dont know. I could make a case for the NFL or the NHL too. The Clippers were due and the Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA.

But wait until they play some real competition. Toast. I am taking Golden St tonight as a cinch over Portland. Portland lost their star player Aldridge and got whacked by the Wizards at home if you can imagine it. 15 pt favorite up in smoke. The Wizards are still celebrating and will get their butts handed to them by the Clippers. Love Golden State to continue their streak tonight.

LINSANITY! Jeremy Lin did it again last night...game-winner with .05 seconds on the clock!

The thing that separates him from Yao Ming is that Yao is a giant and wasn't particularly graceful...he didn't need to be. As tall as he was, he was going to be successful as long as he possessed the rudimentary skills.

Jeremy Lin is closer to normal size...at 6'3" he's shorter than me...and clearly can ball. And NO tattoos!

The kid has me watching the Knicks again. Trust me when I say it's been a long time since I watched any NBA consistently with much interest.

I haven't a clue how long he can keep this big impact playing up but for now I just sit back and marvel at what he's doing. He's got some serious skills.

^^^The true test...the "proof in the pudding" so-to-speak...comes when Carmelo Anthony comes back to the lineup. Can Melo and Amare deal with the attention this kid is getting? Will they be happy with Lin playing the point even if it means less touches for them? Or will it turn into a New York soap opera?

You might be a basketball addict if you find yourself watching the Reno Bighorns take on the Texas Legends in the NBA D-League on the NBA channel. Go Reno! :bagoverhead:

^^^The true test...the "proof in the pudding" so-to-speak...comes when Carmelo Anthony comes back to the lineup. Can Melo and Amare deal with the attention this kid is getting? Will they be happy with Lin playing the point even if it means less touches for them? Or will it turn into a New York soap opera?

You might be a basketball addict if you find yourself watching the Reno Bighorns take on the Texas Legends in the NBA D-League on the NBA channel. Go Reno! :bagoverhead:

I still do not think the Knicks are a true threat to get to the finals. Miami will be very tough to beat. To me Philly and Orlando are their biggest competition but who knows where Howard will wind up?

Clippers bailed me out. Golden State was something like 1 for 15 from 3 pt range. Pure shit. So tomorrow here is the angle. I have not seen it fail yet this year. Portland must play the dreaded third night in a row due to the shortened season. so I will take the Clippers on the road to pound the shit out of them.

A shiti performance by Blake at Golden State and the Clippers lose. I do not know what to think of this team? One minute I think they can win the West, and then this. Seems like the Lakers have opened their mouths regarding a possible trade concerning Gasol. And Kobe does not like it. They built a huge lead vs Portland and held on. Portland cant shoot. Wait until they play San Antonio or Okla City or even the Clippers. Toast.

^^^Dude, they're the CLIPPERS! There's 30 years of futility they have to overcome...you can't expect them to be consistent world-beaters overnight. Young teams require patience...especially on the road. So don't panic over a meaningless loss in the grind of the regular season.

I guarantee you no team wants to face a healthy Clippers team in the first round.

Ok, NBA fans...which LINguistic turn of phrase are you sick of the most: LIN-sanity? LINning? LIN-vincible?

^^^Dude, they're the CLIPPERS! There's 30 years of futility they have to overcome...you can't expect them to be consistent world-beaters overnight. Young teams require patience...especially on the road. So don't panic over a meaningless loss in the grind of the regular season.

I guarantee you no team wants to face a healthy Clippers team in the first round.

Ok, NBA fans...which LINguistic turn of phrase are you sick of the most: LIN-sanity? LINning? LIN-vincible?

Yeah I am sick of the Lin crap. I said they have beaten nobody. then they beat Dallas. I think Dallas beat themselves more. But we will see what they are made of when they play the Heat. And the Nets whacked them last night. The Clippers just piss me off at times. I expect alot. Fucking Blake stunk up the joint last night. Philly is going to take down Memphis tonight.

Some poor guy at ESPN lost his job because of posting the phrase "chink in the armour" after a Knick loss to New Orleans. This is the final nail in the coffin of PC insanity. This phrase has been used forever in sports discussions and in everyday life. We used to use it at work all the time when discussing our business model.........where were our weaknesses, where was the "chink in the armour", the hole or the weak point.

Now of course it's racist. Unbelievable.

http://deadspin.com/5886504/fired-espn-editor-apologizes-says-chink-in-the-armor-headline-not-intended-as-a-slur

Some poor guy at ESPN lost his job because of posting the phrase "chink in the armour" after a Knick loss to New Orleans. This is the final nail in the coffin of PC insanity. This phrase has been used forever in sports discussions and in everyday life. We used to use it at work all the time when discussing our business model.........where were our weaknesses, where was the "chink in the armour", the hole or the weak point.

Now of course it's racist. Unbelievable.

http://deadspin.com/...ended-as-a-slur

Yes. Its going to far to fire someone in a country where "freedom of speech" is supposed to exist. My sister married a chink. There, I said it.

Yes. Its going to far to fire someone in a country where "freedom of speech" is supposed to exist. My sister married a chink. There, I said it.

Is he in jail? No. So "free speech" does exist. In other countries he could be killed for speaking his mind. Sick of people saying they cannot have free speech when speaking at their jobs. Just because there is free speech in this country doesn't mean someone has to keep you employed for running your mouth and representing them in a bad light.

My statement has nothing to do with the case you are referring to, but in a general sense of what people perceive as their freedom's and where they can express their opinions.

Is he in jail? No. So "free speech" does exist. In other countries he could be killed for speaking his mind. Sick of people saying they cannot have free speech when speaking at their jobs. Just because there is free speech in this country doesn't mean someone has to keep you employed for running your mouth and representing them in a bad light.

My statement has nothing to do with the case you are referring to, but in a general sense of what people perceive as their freedom's and where they can express their opinions.

I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THE LINE IS DRAWN. ITS OK FOR ANYONE OF ANY RACE TO CALL ME ANY NAME THEY CAN COME UP WITH. USING SLANG AGAINST IRISH, ASIANS, BUT GO CALL A BLACK PERSON THE N WORD. I HAVE TO CALL IT THE N WORD FOR FEAR OF BEING BANNED ON THIS VERY SITE.

Back on the topic of this threa, the Lin mania will fade. Sorry about the Caps. I use them because someone close to me has vision problems and i forge to turn them off

Walter;

The guy lost his career for doing nothing other than using a catch phrase that he's used many times to describe a weakness in a sports team or an individual player. This is documented too, he's used this phrase a lot while writing for ESPN online. Not just in sports either, this colloquialism has been used in common language for decades and it never ever was meant to be bigoted or racist. However now because of some gutless wonder at ESPN, it is??

When people get fired for using a phrase that has nothing to do with racism historically, that's a very dangerous slope to be sliding down on. That's outlawing speech by proxy. I hope this poor bastard gets a lawyer and sues ESPN for anything and everything they can think of. This is an absolute disgrace what was done here.

I don't want to derail this thread with a discussion on free speech - as I said above.....

IF this guy knowingly used this phrase, in response to an Asian-American basketball star not coming through for his team, to catch the reader's attention then he is simply stupid. I don't know about the story and was not referring to the story, but he is representing a company who pays him to write for them. If THEY don't like or agree with the job he is doing for them, they have the option of not employing him anymore. The same as a school could - and would - if a teacher was spouting off comments that were deemed in bad taste, but not illegal.

Rick, I don't appreciate you yelling at me either. If you don't agree with me and I could care less if you do, then you could do it on a manner that has been used between you and I in the past.

Back to the NBA, I appreciate the whole Lin cinderella story, but if he played for Milwaukee would anybody really be hyping this up to the point where sportscenter is having a countdown to the knicks/Mavs game?

The all-star game is in town this weekend, everyone is ready for one hell of a party around here!! Will the magic trade Howard next month? I hope they do.....he doesn't have the game to carry a team - he will a Kobe type player to get him there, much like shaq did.

I don't want to derail this thread with a discussion on free speech - as I said above.....

IF this guy knowingly used this phrase, in response to an Asian-American basketball star not coming through for his team, to catch the reader's attention then he is simply stupid. I don't know about the story and was not referring to the story, but he is representing a company who pays him to write for them. If THEY don't like or agree with the job he is doing for them, they have the option of not employing him anymore. The same as a school could - and would - if a teacher was spouting off comments that were deemed in bad taste, but not illegal.

Rick, I don't appreciate you yelling at me either. If you don't agree with me and I could care less if you do, then you could do it on a manner that has been used between you and I in the past.

Back to the NBA, I appreciate the whole Lin cinderella story, but if he played for Milwaukee would anybody really be hyping this up to the point where sportscenter is having a countdown to the knicks/Mavs game?

The all-star game is in town this weekend, everyone is ready for one hell of a party around here!! Will the magic trade Howard next month? I hope they do.....he doesn't have the game to carry a team - he will a Kobe type player to get him there, much like shaq did.

I sure was not aware that I yelled at you and sure did not intend it that way. I am not aware of it but anyway, tonights game has been hyped up as Lina and the Knicks go down to Miami to play the best team in the NBA. John Barry thinks they will put up a fight at the very least. I do not. I personally do not think they can play with Miami. We will see. There are many teams better than the Knicks. Carmello has been a disappoinment since he went there also. As for Howard, I dont know where he winds up as long as it isnt the damn Lakers or Celtics I will be happy. I would like to see him land with the 76ers or TWolves but doubt it. I wonder if Phoenix is a possibility? It would instantly put them back on the map and he would have Steve Nash to feed him the ball.

I'd feel better if the Knicks didn't have back to back games going into Miami tonight. I doubt they can hang with them and I'm wondering how much longer Carmelo Anthony gets a free pass from the faithful before they start calling for his scalp. There's no flow to their offense when he's playing, so far anyway.

Melo is a black hole...throw the ball to him and you're not likely to see it again.

I have a feeling Wade is going to light Lin up tonight, and the Heat destroy the Knicks tonight.

Rick, I think Walter was referring to your ALL CAPS post to him up above. He missed your explanation about your hard of sight wife, and thought you were yelling at him.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about the Lakers getting Howard...maybe if Jerry West and Jerry Buss were still running the team. But with the current bungling regime, it's a longshot the Lakers make any kind of decent trade.

Nice win against Dallas last night, anyway.

Melo is a black hole...throw the ball to him and you're not likely to see it again.

I have a feeling Wade is going to light Lin up tonight, and the Heat destroy the Knicks tonight.

Rick, I think Walter was referring to your ALL CAPS post to him up above. He missed your explanation about your hard of sight wife, and thought you were yelling at him.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about the Lakers getting Howard...maybe if Jerry West and Jerry Buss were still running the team. But with the current bungling regime, it's a longshot the Lakers make any kind of decent trade.

Nice win against Dallas last night, anyway.

The word is they intend to do something though Strider as they know they are not good enough to go all the way. I expect them to get whacked by Okla City tonight. I would be very surprised if they did not. Mainly because Okla City did not play last night too. But I think if rested the Lakers could be trouble for Okla City because I still believe they are a perimeter team and their paint game is not as good as teams like the Lakers, Clippers, and Mavs. When Blake Griffin ever really learns how to think on the court, he is going to be a force. He is a force now but he makes alot of mental mistakes. As for the Caps, my wife as a rare condition that has me very worried. That is all I will say

Archived