NBA season Shorter than usual but its here

LedZeppfan77

^^^Good luck to her, then...I wish her well.

Thanks. Its rare and comlicated. Anyway, the Lakers did me in on my ESPN streak contest. You should check it out. Free and fun to play daily. If you get to the high twenties you could win money. Its not easy because they are picking games in various sports, even golf and soccer, that are tough to pick. I actually had the soccer games right yesterday. So I start again today with some team I have never heard of. kicking off in half an hour. Its daily and it starts the first of the month I believe. Alot of fun at ESPN fantasy games. Green logo

As for the Caps, my wife as a rare condition that has me very worried. That is all I will say

If that was all that was intended, then I apologized for over reacting. You and I have never been at odds with each other and I wouldn't want that to start now.

Carmelo, and I love him because he brought SU their only NCAA title, is a black hole and I hope they can gel together the Knicks with their new found talent.

Peace.

If that was all that was intended, then I apologized for over reacting. You and I have never been at odds with each other and I wouldn't want that to start now.

Carmelo, and I love him because he brought SU their only NCAA title, is a black hole and I hope they can gel together the Knicks with their new found talent.

Peace.

I will always love Carmello for that too. My daughter was a freshman there when he won it all. Used to see him on the campus. But I do not like the Knicks. Never did. Never will. Dont like the Heat either but I think they will blow the Knicks out of the water. Since the Buffalo Braves left many years ago I really have not had a favorite team. Its hard to imagine that my town of Rochester NY owns an NBA title. The old Rochester Royals, now the Sacramento Kings. And I guess the Clippers are the old Braves? So I will cheer for the Clippers and I also like the 76ers and T Wolves

Melo is a black hole...throw the ball to him and you're not likely to see it again.

If you worked for ESPN you'd already be fired lol.

Just kidding. I'll remember 'Melo fondly for his Syracuse U. achievement too but as a pro player? No thanks. I didn't want them to pull the trade they did last year when they got him and nothing I've seen since has changed my mind about him as a pro.

Aside from the 2008-2009 season, 'Melo led teams were always one and done come playoff time.

The ending was a joke too. Wade misses a pass that would have made an easy layup and down three after a stupid made free throw by Blake the Neanderthal, they have Lebron throw the ball in with 1.1 seconds left down 3. He had the hot hand and scored about 36 and they have him throw the ball in? WTF????? Dumb dumb dumb. And then they put the mic up to him after the game. It was interesting to see which of these guys actually like each other. I wish I knew what Kobe said to Lebron. Towards the end he said something and shook his head. There was no love.

As usual, the first three quarters were an exhibition dunkathon and then they got serious about winning in the 4th quarter. It was a fun game to watch and the highest regulation scoring game ever.

Durant deserved his MVP...the dunk contest was lame...was anyone really surprised Lebron passed up that shot at the end? No minerals. Had to laugh as Kobe got in his grill about that.

30 games to go til the playoffs...it'll be a sprint from here on out.

You know Strider one thing I could never do is watch a game when I already knew the outcome. So perhaps you were shielded from knowing the results? But I guess an all star game could be an exception to the rule as its more about the entertainment than who wins. Good game tonight in LA. Clippers and T Wolves. Yes, the Clippers are the only act in town these days. Who are the Lakers?

^^^You are correct sir...for indeed I was shielded from knowing the score beforehand. I was in a sports-free environment watching the Academy Awards. There were only three of us that were interested in the game anyway...it was all about the Oscars and the red carpet walk and the food...so it was easy to ignore the game and the score.

So I watched the game later that night completely as a fan who didn't know the outcome.

^^^You are correct sir...for indeed I was shielded from knowing the score beforehand. I was in a sports-free environment watching the Academy Awards. There were only three of us that were interested in the game anyway...it was all about the Oscars and the red carpet walk and the food...so it was easy to ignore the game and the score.

So I watched the game later that night completely as a fan who didn't know the outcome.

Duane /Wade really messed up at the end. Should have had that ball and scored

Ok you fans, and Strider if you happen to read this, here is my current take on the power rankings at the moment. It can change of course. Would like to see how you all see it but here is how I see it

West

1. Clippers (narrowly)

2. Okla City (will be the concensus pick and the favorites in Vegas)

3. Dallas (still the champs and have Dirk)

4. San Antonio (do not ovelook them)

5. Lakers (must relucktantly put them here as they still have Kobe and tough in the paint)

6. Minnesota T Woves (yes, at 500 and on the rise and you read it here first) Kevin Love

7. TIE BETWEEN SEVERAL pORTLAND, UTAH, DENVER, HOUSTON,

8 Golden State (getting better)

East

1. Miami (easily)

2 Orlando ( only because of Howard)

3. Chicago ( I think they are overated and will fall below this soon)

4. Philadelphia ( one star away from big things)

5 Atlanta (lloss of their star center has ruined their season and a tough schedule to boot)

6. Milwaukee (I know they are behind Indiana in standings but they have played a brutal schedule

7. Indiana (only because of their record and good start, but its slipping away fast)

8. Knicks Talk of the town with Mr Lin. Have talent but still no chemistry. How long can they save the coach's job here? Lin saved him once. Now his excuses are gone

Ok. I am putting the T Wolves right on top now. Go T Wolves. I love that team. And the Clips and 76ers too. Good games tonight as Okla City goes into Philly. Took Philly with the points and bought a couple more. I hope the T Wolves whack the Lakers. But I am not betting it as the Lakers are rested. I also like Cleveland plus 11 at the Knicks. Ill take those points. Dallas is the toughest team to predict and I stay away from them. I made money on them last year when they went all the way. But you just dont know which nights they will show up. Now that they have won they are in the "hot shot" category. Dirk when he means business is unstoppable. But he takes nights off. Last week in a game when they came down court he went to the corner, baseline, and just gave the wave to the guard with the ball to not pass it to him. So he was basically either out of gas or just too damn lazy to push himself. Back to the T Wolves, how can you not love this team. They have heart. They will not go quietly if they go at all.

Take your head out of your arse Blake Griffiin. Chris Paul is the real star on this Clippers team. I say the T Wolves who I like alot will beat them tonight. The offensive play has been horrendous and they were luckey to escape Houston with a win. The sixers are close. Gave Chicago a fight and beat them once. Lakers beat Miami but it was the end of a west coast trip. And it meant far more to the Lakers who I still am not a believer in. Tonight Okla City is minus 6 1/2 vs Dallas. Certianly this is a circled game for Okla City. They want to show Dallas they can beat them. But its too many points. Okla City is not good at covering spreads. Ill take the points. Love the T Wolves and Philly should beat Milwaukee but no gimme. I did not see the Knicks game but I assume they made a late run?

The Celtics want to trade Rajon Rondo? Really? He had another triple double yesterday against the Knicks in an overtime win.......18 points, 20 assists and 17 rebounds. Only two other players over the last 25 years in league history have had triple doubles with at least 15 points scored.........Jason Kidd and Magic Johnson.

So trade him away, feel free.

• 1 month later...

Man I wish I could have seen that Clippers and Okla City game. What a statement win for the Clippers. And the 76ers have regained their form finally. I doubt anyone can beat Miami in the East. I think the Clippers can give the Lakers, Okla City or Dallas all they can handle.

Archived