NBA season Shorter than usual but its here

LedZeppfan77

I am cheering for the Clippers and 76ers, Have future bets they will win their conference that I put in before the season started. Also took 76ers to go all the way. Doubt it. But I think the Clippers could pull it off. I will be happy if one of them upsets Miami or San Anton. Chris Paul is great to watch,.

Cheering for Clips after your hate fest for Griffin??! I can't believe it! I hope the Knicks can steal at least one from the Cheat, just because...

Mavs bowed out early wow...

I hope the Spurs or Lakers take it all this year, and then OKC can take over in the future. Any team but the Cheat booooooooooo!

Go RAPTORS! (in the draft - come ON ping pong ball gods! :P)

I do not hate Griffin. I want the Clippers for sure. And the 76ers in the East. Both up against it I know. But not because of the Lakers. Clippers would beat the Lakers no problem. But the Lakers may not even beat Denver? Clippers and 76ers should both move on. Will have tough close out games but at least they are at home.

Both Blake and CP3 hurting...the Clippers Curse lives.

Re the Lakers: I'm so tired of Andrew Baby's bullshit that I'm nearly at the point of not caring if they win or not. Further cementing my point that no matter how many titles Kobe wins, his Laker teams will never be as beloved as the Magic teams.

Blake & CP3 are both game time decisions yikes. NY got snake bitten with injuries this year, too. They've sucked for so long it would've been nice to see them put up a better fight against the Cheat (I don't think they take it this year - even a hobbling Knicks exposed weaknesses in that roster, and with the new CBA looming and the three superfriends taking up most of the cap, it'll be that much harder to fill in the holes. Love it :D )

Kobe's very sick and still put up 19 at the half.

Bynum is increasingly hard to cheer for. Don't know which has been the biggest turn-off so far: defying the coach and shooting 3s, blatanly flagrant-fouling much smaller players, parking his sports car in handicap spots, or telling fans to work harder to earn the $$$ he's got when they expressed disappointment with player greed during the lockout. Dear Karma: I think you've missed someone. Watch out for that bitch, Bynum.

Still, I want to see Kobe win just one more so... go Lakers.

Blake & CP3 are both game time decisions yikes. NY got snake bitten with injuries this year, too. They've sucked for so long it would've been nice to see them put up a better fight against the Cheat (I don't think they take it this year - even a hobbling Knicks exposed weaknesses in that roster, and with the new CBA looming and the three superfriends taking up most of the cap, it'll be that much harder to fill in the holes. Love it :D )

Kobe's very sick and still put up 19 at the half.

Bynum is increasingly hard to cheer for. Don't know which has been the biggest turn-off so far: defying the coach and shooting 3s, blatanly flagrant-fouling much smaller players, parking his sports car in handicap spots, or telling fans to work harder to earn the $$$ he's got when they expressed disappointment with player greed during the lockout. Dear Karma: I think you've missed someone. Watch out for that bitch, Bynum.

Still, I want to see Kobe win just one more so... go Lakers.

The Lakers are getting destroyed and I do not see them winning game seven either. This Denver team is shooting their lights out. I sure hope Chris Paul is ok. I want the Clippers big time. I would love to see the sixers pull the upset over Miami but think its impossible.

The Lakers are getting destroyed and I do not see them winning game seven either. This Denver team is shooting their lights out. I sure hope Chris Paul is ok. I want the Clippers big time. I would love to see the sixers pull the upset over Miami but think its impossible.

Aren't the Pacers playing the Heat in the next round?

Looks like Heat/Spurs Final, to me.

Aren't the Pacers playing the Heat in the next round?

Looks like Heat/Spurs Final, to me.

Your finals prediction makes perfect sense and I do not see Miami losing. But I will not count out those Clippers. They have heart and if Chris Paul is good to go I am in their corner. It was also brought to my attention something I did not realize. The other two wins in franchise history in a series, one was in 1976 when they were then the old Buffalo Braves!!! Yes, my favorite team. The old Buffalo Braves. Go Clippers!!!!!!! And go 76ers, I am picking the 76ers to take apart the Celtics

Hey Strider I reallly want the Clippers. Do you think they can pull out game 7? I will believe til the end

At this point I'm rooting(good thing I'm not in Australia) for the Clippers more than the Lakers.

Andrew Bynum has me so disgusted that I think I want Denver to win so the Lakers will be forced to blow this team up and start over. The Kobe-era is winding down and I don't even want to contemplate a Bynum-era. Shudder.

Rest assured, if Denver does win game 7 tonight, it will get ugly here in Lakerland. It's one thing to lose in the Conference finals to the eventual champion Dallas Mavericks...BUT to get knocked out in the first round by the likes of JaVale McGee and the Nuggets would be SHAMEFUL!!!

I know one thing...I won't be watching the game tonight. At least not live. I'm going to two events tonight: a Robert Bresson movie at 7:30pm and after that, the Brian Jonestown Massacre concert. If I make it through the night without hearing the score, I'll watch the game on tivo. If not, I'll just catch the highlights on ESPN later.

Would love the Clippers to advance...their fans have suffered enough.

Both Blake and CP3 hurting...the Clippers Curse lives.

Re the Lakers: I'm so tired of Andrew Baby's bullshit that I'm nearly at the point of not caring if they win or not. Further cementing my point that no matter how many titles Kobe wins, his Laker teams will never be as beloved as the Magic teams.

:blink:

Lakers pulled it out last night! :D

And now they will get spanked. I am hoping the Clippers win tonight. Nobody is giving them much of a shot. I think because they are banged up and all. I sure hope they can pull it off.

Clippers will have their hands full with San Anton. I do not have a clue how this one will play out but am rooting for the Clippers. I say the 76ers bounce back and beat the Celtics. Do not think the Lakers will beat Okla City but not impossible because I think the one weakness OKC has is their game down low. Bosh is hurt, lets see if Indiana can win one without him out there.

I'm not going to lie...I have a sinking feeling about tonight's Laker vs. OKC game. I think Oklahoma will bury the Lakers...a 10+ point winning margin at least. After needlessly being extended to 7 games by Denver, the Lakers come to Oklahoma on a short turnaround with old, tired legs.

Baby Bynum and Gasol rarely play consecutive great games, so after playing well in game 7 I don't expect much from them tonight...especially being on the road. The bench sucks(what the fuck happened to Matt Barnes?) and who knows when World Peace is gonna blow his top again?

On top of all that, we have the richly ironic circumstance of the steady, tough leadership of Derek Fisher that the Lakers used to have now being in Oklahoma's locker room. You know D-Fish is looking forward to raining big 3's on the Lakers.

Right now, Kobe Bryant is the only Laker that I can count on to show up motivated every game. But this isn't 26-year-old Kobe...this is old Kobe, a Kobe who has already surpassed Michael Jordan in minutes played in his career. How much juice is left in those legs of his?

The NBA schedule makers also didn't do the Lakers any favours by scheduling games 3 and 4 back-to-back Friday and Saturday.

I pick Oklahoma in 5 games.

As a Laker fan, I hate the Spurs...hey, they're our rivals, it comes with the territory. Like hating the Celtics. That said, as much as I want the Clippers to beat the Spurs, with Paul and Griffin not 100%, the odds are slim. San Antonio is a team that rarely beats themselves. They are grounded and execute their game plan well. The L.A. Clippers on the other hand, are still a young and inconsistent team. Plus, there's word that the players don't always see eye-to-eye with their coach Vinny Del Negro. Which is not the state-of-mind you want to have when going up against San Antonio, whose players would fall on their bayonets and take a grenade for their coach, the ever unflappable Greg Popovich.

San Antonio Spurs beat the LA Clippers in 5, maybe 4 games.

The Eastern Conference I care less about, ever since god or David Stern or whoever decided to tilt the field in Miami's favour by having so many game-changing injuries affect Miami's rivals in the East, basically gift-wrapping the Conference title to the Heat.

Indiana has no chance against Miami...even if Bosh is out the rest of the series. The proud and ancient Boston Celtics are the only team left in the East that has a puncher's chance of stopping the Heat. As you might surmise from that statement, I don't put much stock in Philadelphia's chances of beating the Celtics. This year is the Celtics Big Three of Pierce, Garnett and Allen's final stand.

Nope, it'll be Boston vs. Miami in the Eastern Conference finals and San Antonio vs. Oklahoma City in the Western Conference finals.

I'm not going to lie...I have a sinking feeling about tonight's Laker vs. OKC game. I think Oklahoma will bury the Lakers...a 10+ point winning margin at least. After needlessly being extended to 7 games by Denver, the Lakers come to Oklahoma on a short turnaround with old, tired legs.

Baby Bynum and Gasol rarely play consecutive great games, so after playing well in game 7 I don't expect much from them tonight...especially being on the road. The bench sucks(what the fuck happened to Matt Barnes?) and who knows when World Peace is gonna blow his top again?

On top of all that, we have the richly ironic circumstance of the steady, tough leadership of Derek Fisher that the Lakers used to have now being in Oklahoma's locker room. You know D-Fish is looking forward to raining big 3's on the Lakers.

Right now, Kobe Bryant is the only Laker that I can count on to show up motivated every game. But this isn't 26-year-old Kobe...this is old Kobe, a Kobe who has already surpassed Michael Jordan in minutes played in his career. How much juice is left in those legs of his?

The NBA schedule makers also didn't do the Lakers any favours by scheduling games 3 and 4 back-to-back Friday and Saturday.

I pick Oklahoma in 5 games.

As a Laker fan, I hate the Spurs...hey, they're our rivals, it comes with the territory. Like hating the Celtics. That said, as much as I want the Clippers to beat the Spurs, with Paul and Griffin not 100%, the odds are slim. San Antonio is a team that rarely beats themselves. They are grounded and execute their game plan well. The L.A. Clippers on the other hand, are still a young and inconsistent team. Plus, there's word that the players don't always see eye-to-eye with their coach Vinny Del Negro. Which is not the state-of-mind you want to have when going up against San Antonio, whose players would fall on their bayonets and take a grenade for their coach, the ever unflappable Greg Popovich.

San Antonio Spurs beat the LA Clippers in 5, maybe 4 games.

The Eastern Conference I care less about, ever since god or David Stern or whoever decided to tilt the field in Miami's favour by having so many game-changing injuries affect Miami's rivals in the East, basically gift-wrapping the Conference title to the Heat.

Indiana has no chance against Miami...even if Bosh is out the rest of the series. The proud and ancient Boston Celtics are the only team left in the East that has a puncher's chance of stopping the Heat. As you might surmise from that statement, I don't put much stock in Philadelphia's chances of beating the Celtics. This year is the Celtics Big Three of Pierce, Garnett and Allen's final stand.

Nope, it'll be Boston vs. Miami in the Eastern Conference finals and San Antonio vs. Oklahoma City in the Western Conference finals.

Agree with your take on OKC. Strongly disagree with 76ers as I say they beat the Celtics in this series. I will take Philly. As for the Spurs I agree they will be tough. But the Clippers, who I am cheering for all the way, I believe can pull it off. No I am not crazy. They have the BEST BENCH in the NBA. These guys come out of nowhere and bury you. They will not be beaten like you say in 4 or 5 if they are beaten at all. They will put up a fight. I am wishfull and will take the Clips in 7. Lakers are doomed I think but their inside game could give OKC problems. But not tonight. My money is down on OKC minus 7 1/2. Love the sixers to beat those old dinosaur ass Celtics who I hate more than any team

I hope the Clippers play well tonight. Hoping the Spurs are a bit rusty from the time off? OKC sure was not. I am not expecting the Clippers to get whacked like the Lakers. I am pulling for the upset. Go Clippers!!

Worst game Chris Paul has played in the playoffs. The Clippers played great first half and I thought they were going to win. Then they stunk up the joint in the second half. Still, Duncan had everything he put up go in. That cannot continue. The Clippers will be heard from. This is far from over.

I'm not panicking yet...in case you're wondering, Rick. All Oklahoma did is what they're supposed to do...win at home.

Yes, haha, that is the slim thread of hope I cling to...my belief that a playoff series doesn't truly begin until the home team loses. Oklahoma held serve on their court and now it is the Lakers turn to do the same.

I'm not panicking yet...in case you're wondering, Rick. All Oklahoma did is what they're supposed to do...win at home.

Yes, haha, that is the slim thread of hope I cling to...my belief that a playoff series doesn't truly begin until the home team loses. Oklahoma held serve on their court and now it is the Lakers turn to do the same.

I am about to eat the couch Strider because I care more about the Clippers. I am watching Miami get taken apart I am disappointed in the 76ers effort last night. I am sure hoping the Clippers shock everyone but me and win tonight. I am a believer. I like this team. I like their bench. Jordan, Mo Williams, Neil, Bledsoe was an animal the other night. Chris Paul was non existant. Did not shoot and just got rid of the ball. he was a decoy in game one no doubt due to his injury. They must come with their A game and not let that little Argentinian shit Ginobli have open looks. Stuff the ball down his fucking throat.

You've gotta LOVE what Indiana is doing to Miami! I'm shocked to say the least...even with Bosh hurt, I thought Miami had the talent to blow by Indiana. To be honest, though, I didn't really watch Indiana play this year, so was fairly clueless about their team.

San Antonio is doing what I thought they would. No surprise so far. Popovich kept his stars rested all season and now they are primed and fresh for the playoffs. Clippers chances are slim.

As are the Lakers chances if they lose Friday night.

Can you imagine the turmoil in Las Vegas if the Eastern Conference Finals turns out to be Boston-Indiana?

You've gotta LOVE what Indiana is doing to Miami! I'm shocked to say the least...even with Bosh hurt, I thought Miami had the talent to blow by Indiana. To be honest, though, I didn't really watch Indiana play this year, so was fairly clueless about their team.

San Antonio is doing what I thought they would. No surprise so far. Popovich kept his stars rested all season and now they are primed and fresh for the playoffs. Clippers chances are slim.

As are the Lakers chances if they lose Friday night.

Can you imagine the turmoil in Las Vegas if the Eastern Conference Finals turns out to be Boston-Indiana?

I would not count the 76ers out yet or even the Clippers if they can even it at home. The Clippers are not playing the way they have all year and probably due to the injuries. Still like them and believe they can beat an old team like San Ant. If not OKC will beat them. The Lakers should win tonight. But no way the series

Archived