TSRTS versions of No Quarter

Pez_Fartola

My personal Holy Grail would be a release of the first half of the 7-27-73 show (even if only an acceptable audience recording).  The NQ's from the other two MSG shows were stunning, I'd have to think the 1st night was excellent as well.  Esp. since what we do have for the 1st night is some of Page's best playing ever. 

Jimmy's reasoning for the chopping was they they needed to match the film version.  Why???  That didn't stay consistent with the rest of the remaster.

One thing I noticed in making a re-edit of the remaster by inserting the original missing bits (build up and first half of the solo) is that Jones hits a very brief off note right as Jimmy starts his solo.

That, of course was gone from the remaster. 

• 5 months later...
On 2/15/2012 at 10:20 PM, Sagittarius Rising said:

I like em all for various reasons, that is excluding the 77' performances that incorporated the rockabilly section. I just think the rockabilly did not belong in No Quarter, it took a dark, gloomy prog-jazz/rock fusion tune and lightened up way too much...and made it confusing and disjointed.

Amen! 

So, its seems to me no one really gave you the answer to your original question. By now I'm sure you found what you were after.  All performances from the 73 US tour have the dark, somber vibe in the opening of the solo . My favs are Seattle , Salt Lake City , Ft. Worth, LA Forum (Bonzo's Birthday) . By now I'm sure you've heard most of the 73 recordings, which are the best IMO...the most congruous to the original vibe of the song. Also, it's a keyboard solo, not organ. Specifically on a Fender Rhodes. 

Archived