Talked to Audrey Hamilton today......

The first part is an excuse - "that's the way it is." Bullshit. They could abstain - the fault is on them, not the business.

Isn't it a judgment to say that people are "pathetic"?

I don't think it's an excuse, and no need to lay blame either: people are going to do what they want to do. Each person chose whether to be on the bus or not. The atmosphere, era and availability didn't compel anyone to do anything they didn't want to do. To expect anyone else to do as we would do or not seems fruitless to me. We are talking about adults here with free will.

Pathetic, sad: yes, IMO. What would you call someone who needs to glom on to someone in the limelight to validate their existence? The girls who were just having some fun now and again and didn't take it seriously as the guys, but the ones that lived to be with a guy in a band had something else going on in their heads me thinks, and struck me then and now as sad.

I don't think it's an excuse, and no need to lay blame either: people are going to do what they want to do. Each person chose whether to be on the bus or not. The atmosphere, era and availability didn't compel anyone to do anything they didn't want to do. To expect anyone else to do as we would do or not seems fruitless to me. We are talking about adults here with free will.

Pathetic, sad: yes, IMO. What would you call someone who needs to glom on to someone in the limelight to validate their existence? The girls who were just having some fun now and again and didn't take it seriously as the guys, but the ones that lived to be with a guy in a band had something else going on in their heads me thinks, and struck me then and now as sad.

The best example of this in my opinion is Pamela Des Barres who until this day lives off these guys' fame. Even in her sixties she is still convinced that her relationship with Page was something very special, I think he called her a bimbo or something like that, but I'm not sure. In my opinion, she is a bit delusional.

The best example of this in my opinion is Pamela Des Barres who until this day lives off these guys' fame. Even in her sixties she is still convinced that her relationship with Page was something very special, I think he called her a bimbo or something like that, but I'm not sure. In my opinion, she is a bit delusional.

It seems there are more than a few making their living off of former liaisons. The one that made me feel a real twinge of pity was the very young girl who said she was "kidnapped" by a bodyguard.

I find to believe that people feel sorry for Audrey... she got to fly with Zeppelin on their last tour... that must of been the most amazing experience....i know anyone on this forum would love to have that chance, & the fact that she told us that JpJ called her a home wrecker shows that she's up front... & it wasn't all fun & games... and gives us an idea, of the dark atmosphere that surounded the 77 tour.... thank you for your insight Audrey,

Speaking only for myself, I would rather these threads not be posted. I would rather just see the pics with a sentence of explanation.It's obvious both Plant and Page have had issues with women; let's hope they've sorted out those issues, perhaps through therapy, and if so, I'm sure Robert Plant would not want to see this thread here. I don't care about this woman and as a woman, I find it almost embarrassing that there are or were women who had nothing going on in their lives and thought the only thing they could do that would be significant would be to have sex with and hang out with famous people.

Issues! Therapy!, its rock and roll.

Chopin made some of the Ladies during a performance of a work rather "flushed".... it's music.

I find to believe that people feel sorry for Audrey... she got to fly with Zeppelin on their last tour... that must of been the most amazing experience....i know anyone on this forum would love to have that chance, & the fact that she told us that JpJ called her a home wrecker shows that she's up front... & it wasn't all fun & games... and gives us an idea, of the dark atmosphere that surounded the 77 tour.... thank you for your insight Audrey,

I'm willing to bet there are quite a few people here like me who have zero interest in traveling with a band, LZ or not, whether back in the 70s or today.

I comend her for telling her story..& the fact that she was there, on the inside...it means she knows the band better than any of us ever could...i would take her word over many of the 2nd hand opinions of the band....she was by Roberts side for the whole 77 tour....what an invaluable source of info on the world's greatest band.... & how can you blame Robert Plant...he was the singer in the world's most popular band...none of us could relate to what to what it was like to have to make the choices he made...nobody here has ever been that popular to...to say if i was him i would act like this...unless you've been tempted on this level, it only an opinion....at least Audrey got see first hand all the commotion, stress, & good times when Zeppelin was exploding with popularity...& getting a ticket to see the band, was next to impossible..

You "feel sorry" for us because...we actually care about one another? I don't understand your concerns. I'd say your view of the 1970s is through rose-coloured glasses...I'd rather fall in love and play it safe than burn out and fade away, like so many from that generation did...not to mention all the other issues.

Your comments about Maureen seem...misguided? It seems that Robert had a wandering eye early on - he might have cheated with her sister in the late-60s. I'd hazard a guess that constantly being away from the family, and the loss of their son, is what damaged their relationship more than the infidelities.

You misunderstand me and I did not mean to offend you, just trying to put things into perspective. What I meant by feeling sorry for your generation is you take things way too seriously that's all. People cared about each other in the 70's you know, we just did not think simply because you went out with someone once or twice you were automatically a "committed couple" which seems to be the norm these days. I do not believe in unbridled wanton sexual behaviour, thats not my thing, but I do believe in the option for those who do. Also, I see many more burning out these days than the 70's, not to mention the level of curiosity of the youth is non-existent outside of the small, provincial circle. When I was 10 I could have a deep, detailed conversation with an adult about various topics, these days if it ain't about the Kardashian's or some other nobody dope, they know nothing and communicate for shit.

Regarding Maureen, you just made my point even more relevent. Her sticking with Robert KNOWING what he was from day one. That's on her just as much as it is on him. Sorry, no sympathy for her or any other rock wife.

Regarding Maureen, you just made my point even more relevent. Her sticking with Robert KNOWING what he was from day one. That's on her just as much as it is on him. Sorry, no sympathy for her or any other rock wife.

Weren't there children involved??????

• 3 years later...
On 22/3/2013 at 3:22 AM, Sagittarius Rising said:

The 70's were a magical time in America. There was a freedom of youth that had never occurred and would never occur again. Most teens in the 70's were seekers of some sort, influenced by the hope of the 60's yet young enough to ignore Manson, Altamont, Vietnam, etc and consider them a fluke. Though I was just a kid in the 70's I had cousins 10 and 20 years my senior as guides to this amazing place and I have very vivid memories indeed. I remember being pretty much free from five years old on, playing with my friends and not worrying if some asshole was going to rape and kill us because we were smart enough to travel in groups and run from strangers. Adults were our friends and looked after us and we respected and listened to them. It was unusual in the fact that we all hoped for something better, had such open minds and gathered influences from many a diverse source the world became an open book. Of course some people got hurt, but the majority had fun and learned a thing or two along the way. Sex was fun and light hearted, compared to a return to the 50's moral code of the late 80's & 90's people just did not take things so damn seriously.

I wish I could explain in vivid detail what it was like in the 70's, I guess an accurate description would be the old Coke commercials where everyone is singing in a summer field, or the old RC commercials. People cared and loved but also knew when to let go and walk away, these days a boy dates a girl once and they are "together???" It's no longer fun, just one big pain in the ass. I really feel sorry for the generations post-70's because all they know is fear and repercussion.

I cannot nor will I judge these people, they were living in a unique time and place where even suburban married couples were having "key parties" on the weekends. Everyone knew what was happening on the road and the wives and girlfriends either accepted it or moved on. Think about it. Pictures of rock stars and groupies were published in the 60's, this was no secret. They were all adults who chose the life they led, no one forced them. So, I have no sympathy for the wives in any way and I am sure most do not have any regrets. As Jimmy once said, "Better to live a single day as a lion, than a 1,000 years as a lamb." Somehow I believe Maureen is quite content that she was married to Robert Plant for 14 odd years instead of an unknown civil servant who came home every night and gave her a tumble once a week for the crown.

Thank god for the bands, the music the groupies, and the combination of innocence, camaraderie, and discovery which we will never again in our lifetimes see. It was a golden time.

Well said, Mr. I wasn´t there in the seventies (I was born in 1978 in another country), but knowing about those times and being a fan, I really think it was exactly as you said.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone's read Bebe Buell's book then that is the very definition of delusional. It's astoundingly narcissistic. She even thinks that Prince's song 'Little Red Corvette' is about her just because it has the line 'baby you're much too fast', which she thinks is referring to her name 'Bebe you're much too fast'!!!!!!!!!!

There is also an obsession with Elvis Costello which is mind-blowing.

Worth a read, but only if you are into fiction.

The thread is old, but hey some curious people brought it back to life.  I'm adding my .02 to
it.

I don't know much about Bebe or Audrey's time with Led Zeppelin members other than the
usual stuff  that most Led Zeppelin message board members know. 

Bebe hooked up with Jimmy, and Audrey with Plant.  I recall reading in a few places that when
Jimmy announced he was putting out a book that would look back on his life illustrated with
pictures - some noteable '70s groupies assumed they would be gracing the pages. Nope WRONG.
Charlotte Martin and Jackie De Shannon represented for the ladies side. Kind of flattering when
you think of the long list of females that have been in his life. (I'm not counting Jimmy's daughters)
As far as Bebe believing L R C by Prince was about her... uhm to me that's so foolish, but yeah I
believe she'd think that.  Every "muse" must believe every song was inspired because of her.

Audrey can cash in on a book if she chooses. The only thing about former groupies writing
books about their involvement with the band is you never known what's true and what's
embellished.  Sleazy Cole certainly did that when he fabricated so many damn stories about
ALL of them.  Or maybe some people don't care how much of it is true ha ha
:lol:

On 3/13/2012 at 6:47 PM, Patrycja said:

+1

Ok, so prancing around with a married man as a lark is ok, but with a band mate, "a big 'no no.'" Right. Penetrating insight.

I'm three years late responding to this thread but, maybe Audrey Hamilton meant that it was a big 'no no" to the Zep band members and the one rule groupies were warned not to break.

• 9 months later...
On 1/23/2012 at 0:46 PM, Texas Melanie said:

He and Charlotte were together until 1983 but he was heavily addicted to heroin from 75-ish to 83. Heroin robs a person's sex drive so his chances of straying from Charlotte during those years were small to none.

Jimmy had plenty of women around in the mid to late 70's.

I don't know....Robert had been w/ "homewreckers" many times over since the first tour of the US. He was married very young. Blaming him for his affair with Audrey is a little ridiculous considering Led Zep's lifestyle and work life. I think a lot of what we can call conventional morality really doesn't apply here. I mean, this is a band who after Robert got in a serious auto accident in 1975 that almost killed himself and especially his wife, and that really hurt his kids, put Robert in tax exile within days despite the fact that his wife was on the verge of dying.  The reason? He would've lost millions of dollars if he had stayed in Britain. It just seems like a life that is so unrelated to what normal people go through. What most of us see as conventional morality needs to be reconsidered in this case. These guys were almost never at home until Robert's kid died in 1977.

Edited by ThreeSticks

On 3/21/2013 at 11:33 PM, Melcórë said:

The first part is an excuse - "that's the way it is." Bullshit. They could abstain - the fault is on them, not the business.

Isn't it a judgment to say that people are "pathetic"?

I agree - they could have stayed faithful.  If they wanted to screw every slut while out on the road then they could have divorced and just been a free agent.  Of course Jimmy wasn't married but had a child with a lady so he was committing to her on some level.

i was sorta surprised to hear how much Aubrey got around.  She isn't mentioned much with the other groupies like Sweet Connie, Pamela, etc.  I've never read anything about her so to hear she travelled with the Stones, Kiss, etc. surprised me but maybe it shouldn't have.

Robert was as much of a dog as anyone but seems to at least these days to respect the ladies that were in his life back then, like Michelle Overman (see her on YouTube).  But he still can't commit- he was crazy about Patty Griffin for a few years but must have grew tired cause he up and left her, saying he wanted to go home and hang out at the corner pub.... and she is a fabulous lady (trust me).  So he'll probably grow old alone and that is sad.  

Speaking of Maureen - RP had a baby with her sister, Shirley,  jeez how low class is that to screw your ex sister in law.  That is some low crap.  And who is surprised RP or JP didn't have any children with any of these road girls?  I am.

"Miss" Pamela - is she mentally ill?  Groupies are known to be obsessed individuals who have faced serious adverse childhood experiences, such as abusive or addicted parents, or maternal neglect.

Edited by jasonlovesvids

15 hours ago, ThreeSticks said:

I don't know....Robert had been w/ "homewreckers" many times over since the first tour of the US. He was married very young. Blaming him for his affair with Audrey is a little ridiculous considering Led Zep's lifestyle and work life. I think a lot of what we can call conventional morality really doesn't apply here. I mean, this is a band who after Robert got in a serious auto accident in 1975 that almost killed himself and especially his wife, and that really hurt his kids, put Robert in tax exile within days despite the fact that his wife was on the verge of dying.  The reason? He would've lost millions of dollars if he had stayed in Britain. It just seems like a life that is so unrelated to what normal people go through. What most of us see as conventional morality needs to be reconsidered in this case. These guys were almost never at home until Robert's kid died in 1977.

No one put RP in tax exile but RP himself.

On 3/22/2013 at 1:22 AM, Sagittarius Rising said:

The 70's were a magical time in America. There was a freedom of youth that had never occurred and would never occur again. Most teens in the 70's were seekers of some sort, influenced by the hope of the 60's yet young enough to ignore Manson, Altamont, Vietnam, etc and consider them a fluke. Though I was just a kid in the 70's I had cousins 10 and 20 years my senior as guides to this amazing place and I have very vivid memories indeed. I remember being pretty much free from five years old on, playing with my friends and not worrying if some asshole was going to rape and kill us because we were smart enough to travel in groups and run from strangers. Adults were our friends and looked after us and we respected and listened to them. It was unusual in the fact that we all hoped for something better, had such open minds and gathered influences from many a diverse source the world became an open book. Of course some people got hurt, but the majority had fun and learned a thing or two along the way. Sex was fun and light hearted, compared to a return to the 50's moral code of the late 80's & 90's people just did not take things so damn seriously.

I wish I could explain in vivid detail what it was like in the 70's, I guess an accurate description would be the old Coke commercials where everyone is singing in a summer field, or the old RC commercials. People cared and loved but also knew when to let go and walk away, these days a boy dates a girl once and they are "together???" It's no longer fun, just one big pain in the ass. I really feel sorry for the generations post-70's because all they know is.....

I'm sorry but this is a load of crap.  I was around in the 70's.

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, JeffLZ said:

A guy doesn't want his buddy screwing the girl he is screwing...it's weird.

You are correct but this was way different in the way things were back in the 1970's.  Jealousy has been around since the dawn of time, but when a Band like Led Zeppelin had "access" to anyone they wanted to have (sexually), I do not think that Jimmy fucking Audrey or Robert banging Lori (or Pamela) would cause a riff in Jimmy/Roberts partnership.  (Obviously it did not).  I hate to say this, but "passing women/groupies" around was so predominant during that time that it almost seemed like a game for every band member that it seemed to become a contest to see who could have the most women in an hour, day or a tour.  Am I wrong in My assessment? 

Back to the topic at hand:  Does Audrey still reside in Dallas, Texas?  If she does, I would Love to meet and talk to her because We would live within 20 miles of each other.