Talked to Audrey Hamilton today......

Wow, 10 years and six days later I stumble across this thread. I am surprised I didn't see it then. The original post and subsequent replies has everything from insider information to the Woke Left to outright moral condemnation. Man, I am proud to be able to post amongst the many saints of .com.

Led Zeppelin is an interest of mine, I enjoy their music and learning about the band on and off stage. Were they angels? No. Is anyone? No. I try to not judge their history through the goggles of today's society. To me, the late 1970's was a long fucking time ago. Things were different, no one complained, and no charges were pressed. Was it right? No, but they were young musicians with the world at their fingertips. So, it had to be expected at some level. There are many other musicians who can be listed as examples - Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Bowie, Jagger, etc. At least they aren't world leaders (who help shape the world we live/lived in on a greater level) hanging out with a known human trafficker. The world is a horrible place, be the best person YOU can be. But remember, Led Zeppelin is the band who cares, Jonesy even said so in that interview.

Thanks to the OP for the stories and to HereisMike1 for the interview, which I have, but never listened to until today.

• 2 months later...

It appears most if not all of these former groupies are the same, cannot get past their "glory days" and make up all sorts of stories.

One after another these groupies stories are turning out to be lies and nonsense. Lori Maddox timeline of events and interactions not just with Page but also with Bowie & Jagger simply do not line up, it's likely all or at least 90% BS.

These old hens are the worse as they have never grown up. Just looking at Pamela Des Barres is enough to illicit a gag reflex from me. All the lies that woman has told. At this point who knows what really happened and, 54-42 years after the fact, who really cares?

On 1/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, 3hrsoflunacy said:

Wow, 10 years and six days later I stumble across this thread. I am surprised I didn't see it then. The original post and subsequent replies has everything from insider information to the Woke Left to outright moral condemnation. Man, I am proud to be able to post amongst the many saints of .com.

Led Zeppelin is an interest of mine, I enjoy their music and learning about the band on and off stage. Were they angels? No. Is anyone? No. I try to not judge their history through the goggles of today's society. To me, the late 1970's was a long fucking time ago. Things were different, no one complained, and no charges were pressed. Was it right? No, but they were young musicians with the world at their fingertips. So, it had to be expected at some level. There are many other musicians who can be listed as examples - Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, Bowie, Jagger, etc. At least they aren't world leaders (who help shape the world we live/lived in on a greater level) hanging out with a known human trafficker. The world is a horrible place, be the best person YOU can be. But remember, Led Zeppelin is the band who cares, Jonesy even said so in that interview.

Thanks to the OP for the stories and to HereisMike1 for the interview, which I have, but never listened to until today.

:goodpost:

11 hours ago, BobDobbs said:

It appears most if not all of these former groupies are the same, cannot get past their "glory days" and make up all sorts of stories.

One after another these groupies stories are turning out to be lies and nonsense. Lori Maddox timeline of events and interactions not just with Page but also with Bowie & Jagger simply do not line up, it's likely all or at least 90% BS.

These old hens are the worse as they have never grown up. Just looking at Pamela Des Barres is enough to illicit a gag reflex from me. All the lies that woman has told. At this point who knows what really happened and, 54-42 years after the fact, who really cares?

The essential truth remains and that is they all had their moments during Led Zeppelin's Golden Era. Take it or leave it but I see nothing to be gained by making unkind posts about any of them now. 

1 hour ago, SteveAJones said:

The essential truth remains and that is they all had their moments during Led Zeppelin's Golden Era. Take it or leave it but I see nothing to be gained by making unkind posts about any of them now. 

Unkind posts? More like factual posts.

Your cognitive dissonance is enough to rupture space-time Boy-O.

Imagine being so famous that the people you've slept with can bank off of their association with you 50 years later.

I like hearing their stories.  They were in the right place during an amazing time in history.

• 2 weeks later...