John Paul Jones performing w/ Robyn Hitchcock & friends in Warwick on Feb. 12th

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

The Floating Palace

Butterworth Hall

Sun 12 Feb 2012 - 8pm

An evening of musical delight featuring Robyn Hitchcock, Krystle Warren, KT Tunstall, Eliza Carthy, John Paul Jones and Howe Gelb.

Curated by renowned English eccentric Robyn Hitchcock, The Floating Palace is an intimate evening of free-wheeling musical collaboration.

It’s a simple concept: musicians admire each other, are a little envious of each other, and given the chance, like to play with each other. But normally they only get the chance to do this in the studio, or after hours.

For the first time before a paying audience, we present a carousel of exceptional ‘roots’ artists; all lit within by their passion for music, accompanying each other on songs they know and songs they’ve only just met.

Robyn Hitchcock is joined on stage by award winning Scottish songstress KT Tunstall, folk legend Eliza Carthy, Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones, Krystle Warren and alternative country experimentalist Howe Gelb.

Unfortunately Abigail Washburn has had to withdraw from The Floating Palace due to unforseen changes in her touring schedule, she will be replaced by Kansas born singer-songwriter Krystle Warren

Enjoy 10% discount off ice creams and sorbets when you pre-order when purchasing your ticket from Box Office or online. Add an ice cream to your basket now or mention to our Box Office when you call to book your ticket. Find out more here.

http://www.warwickartscentre.co.uk/events/music/floating-palace-robyn-hitchcock-abigail-washburn-k

I've had the pleasure and honour of seeing JPJ with Robyn Hitchcock before, and it is a treat that no one should miss! So if you live anywhere near Butterworth Hall, get thy arse in gear and go see them!

Besides the greatness of John Paul Jones, there is the delightful English eccentricity of Robyn Hitchcock...who should be named a National Treasure.

On the Robyn Hitchcock tip, it looks like he's going to be performing with the Venus 3 (Scott McCaughey, Peter Buck and Bill Rieflin) in Israel in March. I've only seen Hitchcock in concert a couple of times (both of which were with the Venus 3) and they were both very much a treat.

i was there and it was a good do, very enjoyable. jonesy was mostly playing mandolin though he did pick up the bass for maybe three songs. i'm not familiar with any of the other artists work so i cant say what songs were featured besides the two well known covers played towards the end; jackson 5's i want you back and the beatles' because.

Thanks, guys, for the report...you didn't by chance happen to notice any filming or recording going on?

I didn't do any but there weren't that many flashes at all from cameras although there was a woman on the left hand side who seemed to be filming at some point but not for long so not sure if she will be puting it on You tube or anywhere.

Archived