Live performances in '74?

bamf4k

Second.

Not off topic: But John Paul Jones also jammed with some band in 1974 (the name escapes me).

Not to mention the countless jams Jimmy did with Roy Harper.

Well hats off to him, lol. But thank you for the info, I appreciate it. Are there any copys of these shows floating around?

Jimmy didn't do anything with Roy in 74, it was JPJ who jammed with David Gilmour and Roy in 74.

Actually, you are incorrect. Jimmy, Keith Moon, Bonzo, and Plant jammed with Roy Harper at the Rainbow in 1974.02.14 in London. I have the recording and will post a picture in a few minutes.

I also have the recording of JPJ on 1974.08.31 London, England UK w/Harper, Gilmour, and Broughton. As well as the performance with Bad Company in July 1974.

Does anyone know what the shows were that Jimmy did in '74 with some other group? Here's a couple of photos: jp19740914_01.jpglz19740214_05.jpgjp19740924_09.jpg

Here's the complete answer bamf4k...

The top photo is Jimmy with C, S, N & Y...from left to right is Neil Young, Graham Nash, Stephen Stills and Jimmy.

Middle photo is Roy Harper and Jimmy.

Bottom photo is Jimmy with Bad Company.

Another one Mooney1975 posted, this time with Bad Co.

page-and-plant-1.jpg

That is the May 23, 1976 Bad Company concert at the LA Forum, where Robert and Jimmy made a surprise appearance for the encore. It was the first concert appearance for Robert since his accident in Greece.

It was a HUGE DEAL and sent ripples around the rock world, as it showed Robert was healed and ready to take the stage...which meant a Led Zeppelin tour was imminent.

That is the May 23, 1976 Bad Company concert at the LA Forum, where Robert and Jimmy made a surprise appearance for the encore. It was the first concert appearance for Robert since his accident in Greece.

It was a HUGE DEAL and sent ripples around the rock world, as it showed Robert was healed and ready to take the stage...which meant a Led Zeppelin tour was imminent.

The Bad Co concert at The Forum has always been listed as May 23, 1976. That is incorrect. The Forum concert was played exactly a week earlier, on May 16, 1976. Here's an ad and a review:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/AlbumZeppelin/76-05-09latimesbadco.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/AlbumZeppelin/76-05-30LATimes.jpg

The Bad Co concert at The Forum has always been listed as May 23, 1976. That is incorrect. The Forum concert was played exactly a week earlier, on May 16, 1976. Here's an ad and a review:

http://i15.photobuck...atimesbadco.jpg

http://i15.photobuck...5-30LATimes.jpg

Thanks for the help...just about everybody I've seen, including this site, had it listed as May 23.

Jimmy Page - 1974

14 February 1974 » London, England @ Rainbow Theatre

1 September 1974 » Austin, Texas @

14 September 1974 » London, England @ Quaglino's Restaurant

24 September 1974 » New York City, New York @ Central Park

19 December 1974 » London, England @ Rainbow Theatre

John Paul Jones - 1974

31 August 1974 » London, England @ Hyde Park

19 December 1974 » London, England @ Rainbow Theatre

John Bonham - 1974

14 February 1974 » London, England @ Rainbow Theatre

14 September 1974 » London, England @ Quaglino's Restaurant

Actually, you are incorrect. Jimmy, Keith Moon, Bonzo, and Plant jammed with Roy Harper at the Rainbow in 1974.02.14 in London. I have the recording and will post a picture in a few minutes.

Were Bonzo and Percy there? I know that, aside from Jimmy, Moon was there along with David Bedford, Max Middleton, and Ronnie Lane. A couple of tracks from that concert were released on Roy's live LP Flashes from the Archives of Oblivion.

• 1 month later...
Oh, forgot about that. "The Game" from HQ.

Actually HQ is from 1975, and Jimmy didn't play on that album, Gilmour did, Chris Spedding played the lead part on The Game and JPJ played bass. Regarding Valentine, Jimmy played lead guitar on one track (Male Chauvinist Pig Blues). Page also played slide on a live Male Chauvinist Pig Blues released on Flashes From The Archives Of Oblivion, also released in 1974. JPJ and Bonzo were not involved in Valentine, incidentally Percy was the MC at the Valentine's day concert, hope this clears up some confusion.

• 2 years later...

Archived