Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

Led Zeppelin's most beautiful song?

94 posts in this topic

I love "All of My Love" but it would be better without that synth solo, kinda ruins it.

i didnt know that was led zeppelin until a few years ago. its a nice song too

Hombre pues yo pienso que toda sus canciones, pero si se trata de colocar una no dudo en que Black Dog sea de las principales :hurrah:

I'm Gonna Crawl

Rain Song

Ten Years Gone

Thats the Way

Tangerine

Rain Song was for many years here, but after months of dissecting ITTOD, I'm Gonna Crawl screeches to the top, can't help but relate to that song for many reasons!

(as I grab for a tissue)

Bron Yr Aur has always been tops for me.

After that piece:

All My Love

The Rain Song

I'm Gonna Crawl

Going To California

Tangerine

Thank You

Down By The Seaside

Since I've Been Loving You

Ten Years Gone

Would round out my top-ten.

Tangerine

That's The Way

Since I've Been Loving You

I'm Gonna Crawl

Tea For One

Going To California

Over The Hills and Far Away

The Rain Song

Thank You

Stairway To Heaven.

..................................That's my Ten, not in any order.

Edited by Plantpothead

my wedding songs all of my love going to California and thank you

There are so many really. But when I think of sheer beauty in a piece of music...this! I always wished this would have been much longer because it is so beautiful:-)

^ Yes, that and the live version of The Rain Song. I wonder why Jimmy performed BYA only a handful of times in 70'? I would take this 2 min piece of music over 10 min of BMS / WS any day.

^ Yes, that and the live version of The Rain Song. I wonder why Jimmy performed BYA only a handful of times in 70'? I would take this 2 min piece of music over 10 min of BMS / WS any day.

Ditto! I love BYA and wish it were longer. Also love The Rain Song...haven't seen all of the live versions but I really love the Page/Plant live version...a beautiful masterpiece!! ❤❤❤

That's the Way

Tangerine

Going to California

If I had to pick one, probably That's the Way.

1- Thank You. Of course the studio performance and backing track are beautiful with/without Plant's beautiful delicate vocals. LA Forum 6/25/1972, Nagoya 10/5/1972, and LA Forum 6/3/1973 are the 3 most beautiful performances of the song live.

2- Rain Song. Of course the studio performance is beautiful. As far as beautiful live performances I will say Seattle 7/17/1973, St. Louis 2/16/1975, and Vancouver 3/20/1975.

3- Ten Years Gone. The studio performance took a long time to grow on me as I have always preferred the longer live performances more. Seattle 7/17/1977, LA Forum 6/21/1977, and Knebworth 8/4/1979 are all great!

4- Tangerine. As with TYG, the studio performance took a long time to grow on me after hearing the fantastic Earl's Court 5/24/1975 performance! That, Tokyo 9/24/1971, and Osaka 9/29/1971, and Earl's Court 5/25/1975 are my favorite performances.

5- Going To California. As much as Plant's vocals are completely beautiful, the backing track of this is some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard before with the guitar and mandolin!! Every performance of this song is great, but How The West Was Won might be the best to me. I also really like Osaka 9/29/1971 with the extended intro and Earl's Court 5/24/1975 is great!

6- That's The Way. Another beautiful song! The acoustic guitar sounds amazing and the lyrics are really something. The studio version is great, as well as How The West Was Won, Earl's Court 5/24/1975, and BBC Sessions.

7- Down By The Seaside. There's just something different about this song! Plant's vocals and lyrics are fantastic, and Jimmy's guitar riff sounds like it's under water somehow. I really wish we could have got the acoustic version with the companion discs!! Really wish it had been played live too.

8- All My Love. I'm not sure why, but I'm like the only person who loves the mono mix on the In Through The Out Door companion disc. I think it sounds awesome, and better than the original. I also really like the Frankfurt 6/30/1980 live performance of it. This song is mainly on my list because of why Plant wrote the lyrics.

9- Stairway To Heaven. This is one of the greatest, most beautiful songs ever made. The studio version is very beautiful, but I also really love some of the studio outtakes of the song! One of them is very beautiful! As far as live performances go this song lost some of its beauty, but Orlando 8/31/1971, Southampton 1/22/1973, Vancouver 3/20/1975, LA 6/23/1977, and Seattle 7/17/1977 are my favorite performances.

10- Ramble On. Between the bass lines, and the guitar riffs, and the drums, and Plant's vocals and lyrics this one is definitely one of their most beautiful songs.

This is a tough one but I have always loved going to California that has to be my pick I was surprised it was not even mentioned an aching in my heart lol