• Heartbreaker
    • Dazed and Confused
    • Black Dog
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • No Quarter
    • In My Time of Dying
    • Ten Years Gone
    • Other

I don't really think there is such a thing as "best", but I love the solo in Stairway. The tone is lyrical and it just sounds inevitable within that piece of music. I have listened to that song a lot, on one or two occasions maybe 10 times in a row (like if I'm having a really bad day/month/year and need to zone out and stop thinking), and that solo is always welcome to my ears.

But again, it's not that numerous other solos by him aren't of equal quality. His entire body of studio work is of high quality.

For Your Life - got to be up there. but IMTOD - soon as I saw that listed - BAM! Having said that, SIBLY - amazing. Closest thing to understanding another language for me. Especially the live ones. Such incredible feelings and emotions conveyed so clearly and yet so complex. OK, can I change my vote?

Amazing the number of Votes that SIBLY gets.

I have always thought that the studio version of SIBLY was "okay", but not fantastic, like I do for the TSRTS version.

I voted for D&C as the best studio solo.

Yes, that one is a bit different from conventional, but it is an astounding and intense solo....bow and all.

The solo from How Many More Times is the one that cemented Zeppelin in my brain. I love the sound of the opening note. I think Jimmy went back there for I'm gonna Crawl.

The solo from How Many More Times is the one that cemented Zeppelin in my brain. I love the sound of the opening note. I think Jimmy went back there for I'm gonna Crawl.

Bot are amazing songs, I agree. I'm Gonna Crawl was a more than fitting end for Led Zeppelin. A truly amazing tune, and guitar solo.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the raw sound of early zep and ICQYB fits the bill.

I like a lot of the options - maybe would have picked one of them last week -lol.

I get the feeling JP loved WS as he played it all throughout LZ and even the firm.

• 2 weeks later...

Achilles last stand by a long way followed by sibly. Or maybe am being biased. That solo is just something else. The guitar overdubs backed up by jpj's bass & jb's drums. Love sibly too, the liver versions in how the west was won & tsrts edge out the studio one for me.

Archived