The guy on the stairs?

comrickZep

I'm sure this has been posted before and sorry if it has been but who is the guy sitting on the left set of stairs on the Physical Graffiti album cover?

Does anyone have a fairly good picture or blow up of this person that they could post? I want a half decent picture for a project of mine.

post-11434-0-73882400-1330161322.jpg

post-11434-0-52399300-1330161371.jpg

IMHO the man on the stairs represents the people living in the tenement, and by extension the human condition.

----------

The sleeve design was heavily influenced by Jose Feliciano’s album, Compartments. An eclectic gallery of celebrities and icons inhabit the building and they can be spied through the windows. Amongst the tenants therein are Lee Harvey Oswald, Neil Armstrong, Elizabeth Taylor, Charles Atlas, Queen Elizabeth, Dante Gabriel Rossetti’s portrait of Proserpine, the Virgin Mary and Laurel & Hardy.

----------

Here's an excellent feature with interesting photographs:

http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/2010/10/22/on-the-stoop-of-rock-n-roll-history/#more-4107

image quality does not allow to discern man's face , even at high zoom,

The man with a beard (legend just says it's Bonzo!) looks like that he holds a lap-dog (little Black Dog .)

gfdgzdr.jpg

The sleeve design was heavily influenced by Jose Feliciano’s album, Compartments

afgergf.jpg

..., Neil Armstrong,...

not Neil Armstrong but Buzz Aldrin,

for Ph Gr cover used rather well-known photo.

it's a comment:

Nasa astronaut Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the Moon

The Apollo 11 crew lifted off in July 1969 . Buzz Aldrin is pictured standing on the moon, which Neil Armstrong can be seen reflected in his visor .)

C2.jpg

a man with a beard, (just legend says it's Bonzo!) looks like he holds a lap-dog (little Black Dog .)

A bearded man would seem to be a tip of the hat to the figure on the front cover of the fourth album which also contained a dichotomy of city and country music. I do remember Jimmy commenting on how (that) man, in harmony with nature, ended up in horrible slums.

It's natural for hardcore Zeppelin fans to want to relate everything to deep mysteries or to extravegant connections, but let's face it, this is a pic of Bonham. Looks pretty clear to me. case closed.

That is what I was thinking when I looked at it closely.

IMHO the man on the stairs represents the people living in the tenement, and by extension the human condition.

----------

The sleeve design was heavily influenced by Jose Feliciano’s album, Compartments. An eclectic gallery of celebrities and icons inhabit the building and they can be spied through the windows. Amongst the tenants therein are Lee Harvey Oswald, Neil Armstrong, Elizabeth Taylor, Charles Atlas, Queen Elizabeth, Dante Gabriel Rossetti’s portrait of Proserpine, the Virgin Mary and Laurel & Hardy.

----------

Here's an excellent feature with interesting photographs:

http://eastvillage.t...tory/#more-4107

Thanks for the info and the feature was very interesting. There really is a lot of things going on in that picture for the album cover as well as all the other things that are happening in the windows (sleeves). I think i need to make a trip there to see the building someday, that would be a rush for sure.

image quality does not allow to discern man's face , even at high zoom,

The man with a beard (legend just says it's Bonzo!) looks like that he holds a lap-dog (little Black Dog .)

gfdgzdr.jpg

afgergf.jpg

not Neil Armstrong but Buzz Aldrin,

for Ph Gr cover used rather well-known photo.

it's a comment:

Nasa astronaut Buzz Aldrin, the second man to walk on the Moon

The Apollo 11 crew lifted off in July 1969 . Buzz Aldrin is pictured standing on the moon, which Neil Armstrong can be seen reflected in his visor .)

C2.jpg

Thanks for the blow up picture, it's better than what i could get. Looking at the man on the stairs i think it's Bonzo too or someone who sure the Hell looks like him. I like to think it's Bonzo just hanging out waiting for a .............. friend. Sorry.

By the way i have never seen the album Compartments before but i can see how they look a like for sure.

Thanks for the info and the feature was very interesting. There really is a lot of things going on in that picture for the album cover as well as all the other things that are happening in the windows (sleeves). I think i need to make a trip there to see the building someday, that would be a rush for sure.

I went there in Sept 2008 & was taking lots of pics of it. An old man came out of the building & glared at me- I briefly considered asking him stuff like how many apartments are in the building, how long has he lived there, did he know about PG etc. but quickly decided against it LOL.

Archived