Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

zepscoda

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Introversion is nothing to be afraid of or ashamed of. It is not anti-social behaviour. It is a personality trait, like extroversion. It need not evoke feelings of pity or concern and it most certainly need not evoke unwanted advice from society". 

“Blessed are those who do not fear solitude, who are not afraid of their own company, who are not always desperately looking for something to do, something to amuse themselves with, something to judge.” ~ Paulo Coelho

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

“Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde

“When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.” – Dean Jackson

That is fucking awesome!

• 1 month later...

"Politics is the art of controlling your environment. That is one of the key things I learned in these years, and I learned it the hard way. Anybody who thinks that ‘it doesn’t matter who’s President’ has never been Drafted and sent off to fight and die in a vicious, stupid War on the other side of the World — or been beaten and gassed by Police for trespassing on public property — or been hounded by the IRS for purely political reasons — or locked up in the Cook County Jail with a broken nose and no phone access and twelve perverts wanting to stomp your ass in the shower. That is when it matters who is President or Governor or Police Chief. That is when you will wish you had voted."

~Hunter S. Thompson

8fc371ac-f5fa-493d-8429-08b6fc0c492c.jpg

• 8 months later...

"There comes a time in life when you know what you like and have to make up your mind to like what you know, or at least have begun to know. In other words, you must determine in what direction your knowledge is leading, thus far"

~Vincent Price, I Like What I Know: A Visual Autobiography

the-raven_2163547b.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

"The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs, and explosions, and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, ideas, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own for the children and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is, is that these things cannot be confined to the Twilight Zone"

~ Rod Serling

hqdefault.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was really struck by this kid's wisdom. Though a character from a TV show, this quote is so spot on.

“If you go through life, expecting other people to make things good for you, you’re going to be disappointed. The only person you can depend on is yourself. And I guess I am lucky because I like myself. So, whenever I am with myself, I am happy. I’ve never once let myself down” – Brick Heck

This is pretty much my motto, starting from the beginning of 2018:

"The past is the past. It is great to think about it in times of personal reflection, but do not dwell on it too much. Everyday is a brand new day. Living in the moment and taking each day as it comes, makes us have complete control over our actions every day. This sort of control in the present, can make the future more certain and more favourable towards what we truly want to achieve". 

• 1 month later...