Live on Blueberry Hill

bamf4k

Jonesy and Plant and Bonham are wearing different sets of clothes in the photo sets on this site compared to the sets posted by Bam.

Question is : did they change costumes or might these pics be from 2 different nights?

Two shows?

All sources state that they played only once that date.

The Blueberry Hill show took place on Sept. 4, 1970 at the Forum in Inglewood. They only played one concert at the Forum. However, after the show they motored up north to Santa Monica Blvd. and Doheny and jammed with Fairlport Convention at the end of their Troubadour Club show.

Now, THAT is something I'd like to see photos of.

And people need to stop carping about Jimmy's sweater and Jonesy's pants...they're awesome, haha! What...would you rather have had them dressing like Gary Glitter?

I think not.

It's actually called a Tank Top....Very popular 'ere in good old England in the early 70s.

Tank top? Where do you live? Cause we certainly don't call that a tank top in the U.S. and I never heard a sweater referred to as a tank top in the U.K., either.

A tank top is what Bonham wore on the 77 tour...see the Seattle Kingdome video or any photos from LA Forum 77.

I was at the bookstore a couple of days ago and picked up a copy of Led Zeppelin FAQ and glanced through the section where the author summarizes several Zep websites (including this one, obviously). I think the comment for the Royal Orleans site went something like, "where members sometimes get in arguments over what color Jones' socks were" at wherever they may have been playing. I see plenty of those kind of arguments here too. While on one hand, I think it's cool that some fans pay such close attention to those kinds of details while on the other, the arguments that stem from those discussions are downright silly. I think it's also rather telling how some of these same people will pontificate on shows that they weren't even at as though they're the be-all and end-all source of the most accurate information. In some cases, these so-called "Zeperts" weren't even born when Led Zeppelin roamed the earth. By the way, I'm also no expert and I've learned tons about Zep here that I've never read in magazines or books so I'm definitely appreciative of some of that sort of knowledge but oftentimes it turns into unnecessary "my dick is bigger" type of discussions which border on the ridiculous.

Tank top? Where do you live? Cause we certainly don't call that a tank top in the U.S. and I never heard a sweater referred to as a tank top in the U.K., either.

A tank top is what Bonham wore on the 77 tour...see the Seattle Kingdome video or any photos from LA Forum 77.

A look in the Concise Oxford Dictionary says a Tank top is a sleeveless, close fitting upper garment with a scoop neck.(ie a cotton vest or a woolen jumper/sweater)........So on that one Strider I would say we are both right.

According to the timeline pic on this site the pic they show for the Sept.4 1970 show does not match many of the previous pictures posted...la70-a.jpg

That's odd. I don't see any photo on Achilles Last Stand (www.ledzeppelin.org) that has the band dressing that way. But oddly enough, there is that picture of JPJ on the organ in those awesome pants on the site.

That's actually not odd at all, two photos I posted are from 9/19/70; look at photos from this date (Jimmy and Bonzo are wearing the same exact clothing):

DC_2509176.jpg

74280821.jpg

However, I'm still unsure where the photo from LZ.com is from, my assumption is probably incorrect, it's probably from a different date; which I can't identify.

This picture has to be 9/19, because JPJ is wearing the same clothes here, dated 9/19:

lz19700919_07.jpg

I'm pretty sure that pictures with JPJ dressed like this:

lz19700904_05.jpg

Are pictures from 9/4.

I just came to realize this, however, I'm still unsure where the photo from LZ.com is from, my assumption is probably incorrect, it's probably from a different date; which I can't identify.

Tank tops didn't have buttons IIRC.

What JP's wearing would be better described as a sleeveless cadigan. I'll bet that's what it said on his gran's knitting pattern.

Hmm..Ah well you've got me there. I did not notice the buttons. Though I still stand by my original comment that the sleeveless jumpers/sweaters that were worn by my peer group and I back in the late 60s early 70s were known as Tank tops.........This is all rather silly really, I don't know why I even bothered to comment in the first place....Must have been bored...Anyhow it's a nice day so I think i will go and give my back lawn it's first mow of the year.

Archived