Copyright

jack95

Hello. I am a 10th grader in high school here in Casper WY. I have made a short film for my audio visual class & have an opportunity to enter my film in the annual film festival for high schoolers here in Casper. I used one of your songs for a part in the short film & I am told that I need to get copyright permission to use the song before I enter it in the festival. Can anyone help me with this? It's not the whole song, it's only a segment of it (Kashmir).

Unfortunately copyright puts a drain on creativity these days. I suggest you use another song in the public domain (try Creative Commons) is Kashmir really necessary? On the other hand, if Zeppelin people browse this forum they can contact you with a solution, if they like the film.

Hello. I am a 10th grader in high school here in Casper WY. I have made a short film for my audio visual class & have an opportunity to enter my film in the annual film festival for high schoolers here in Casper. I used one of your songs for a part in the short film & I am told that I need to get copyright permission to use the song before I enter it in the festival. Can anyone help me with this? It's not the whole song, it's only a segment of it (Kashmir).

Let me help you with that.

My job is music publishing so I'm probably the most knowledgeable person you can talk to on this forum about this matter.

The publisher of this song is Flame of Albion and this company is administered by Warner/Chappell as you can see below.

FLAMES OF ALBION MUSIC INC

C/O WB MUSIC CORP

% WARNER CHAPPELL MUSIC INC

10585 SANTA MONICA BLVD

LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025

Tel. (310) 441-8600

Email: Jeremy.blietz@warnerchappell.com

All you have to do is write Mr. Blietz to the email address above and describe your project and that it's for a high school film festival. If Mr. Blietz is anything like me, he will grant you the permission to do it for free.

Now that was the permission for the song only (this kind of permission is called a synchronization license). You also need a permission for the recording itself which is controlled by Atlantic Records. Here's the address for Atlantic:

contact@atlanticrecords.com

Send the same request to this address

Here's the text you could write for both emails:

Dear Mr. Blietz (for Warner/Chappell) or Madam, Sir (for Atlantic)

Describe your project here

I would ask that you grant me a gratis license license for this project.

Sincerely,

Your name.

Let us know if it works and be patient, these companies are never in a hurry to answer to anyone. However, your request is an easy job so it will most likely get done rapidly.

Good luck!

• 9 months later...

I am a designer and I have just started doing some Led Zeppelin artwork that will include pictures of them as well as lyrics and some of their own artwork, can anyone help me with what I need to do to get permission before I think about publishing?

Let me help you with that.

My job is music publishing so I'm probably the most knowledgeable person you can talk to on this forum about this matter.

The publisher of this song is Flame of Albion and this company is administered by Warner/Chappell as you can see below.

FLAMES OF ALBION MUSIC INC

C/O WB MUSIC CORP

% WARNER CHAPPELL MUSIC INC

10585 SANTA MONICA BLVD

LOS ANGELES, CA, 90025

Tel. (310) 441-8600

Email: Jeremy.blietz@warnerchappell.com

All you have to do is write Mr. Blietz to the email address above and describe your project and that it's for a high school film festival. If Mr. Blietz is anything like me, he will grant you the permission to do it for free.

Now that was the permission for the song only (this kind of permission is called a synchronization license). You also need a permission for the recording itself which is controlled by Atlantic Records. Here's the address for Atlantic:

contact@atlanticrecords.com

Send the same request to this address

Here's the text you could write for both emails:

Dear Mr. Blietz (for Warner/Chappell) or Madam, Sir (for Atlantic)

Describe your project here

I would ask that you grant me a gratis license license for this project.

Sincerely,

Your name.

Let us know if it works and be patient, these companies are never in a hurry to answer to anyone. However, your request is an easy job so it will most likely get done rapidly.

Good luck!

nicely done!

• 2 years later...

Perhaps someone will pick up this thread and have some insight for me. I am on a band booster board for a local high school in Florida. We would like to display a number of Led Zeppelin images on the theme t-shirt for the band kids. This t-shirt will not be sold for a profit, but rather given to the kids. Does someone in this forum know the right person/organization for obtaining copyright permission to reproduce specific images?

• 5 years later...

Hi, I'm getting customized leather seats in jeep wrangler. I would like to get black embroidery of the 4 symbols (signs) to both front seats...But was told by company they can't to that because it's a trademark This has been 30 years in the making, once I got the jeep I wanted. This is a tribute to my brother who passed away in 1988 at age 17 in a auto accident.  He would've been 50 this year.. He was led zepplin biggest fan.. I so saddened by this.. Though life whenever I have bad days zepplin always comes on the radio and I know it him watching over me...  How can I get permission to trademark signs?

Sorry about your brother. I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you get approval from the band for the company that's doing your seats to put the Zep symbols on them. However, it is possible to get the symbols on stickers from a number of sellers on eBay, which you could put on the inside front passenger window of your wrangler. That may not be what you were hoping for, but you'll see them whenever you're in the vehicle next to the seat where you're brother would be sitting if he were still here. This is the kind of thing I'm talking about:

s-l500.jpg

11 hours ago, Patricia Adams said:

Hi, I'm getting customized leather seats in jeep wrangler. I would like to get black embroidery of the 4 symbols (signs) to both front seats...But was told by company they can't to that because it's a trademark This has been 30 years in the making, once I got the jeep I wanted. This is a tribute to my brother who passed away in 1988 at age 17 in a auto accident.  He would've been 50 this year.. He was led zepplin biggest fan.. I so saddened by this.. Though life whenever I have bad days zepplin always comes on the radio and I know it him watching over me...  How can I get permission to trademark signs?

I think you are being fobbed off, it's more like they haven't got the capability to sew on the fourth album symbols.

On 4/26/2021 at 1:55 PM, Patricia Adams said:

I would think that this sort of thing would be dependent upon the uphosltering company -- some companies will use a stricter interpretation of copyright law than other companies.

Find another company and see what they say. And don't tell them that the logos came from Led Zeppelin!!