Jake Holmes lawsuit dismissed

Joe Bloggs

I see the same thing in the CD booklet. I think that's fair. Holmes didn't write the song as it currently is but it was a reworking of one of his songs. I think written by Page, inspired by Holmes is the best way to word the credits.

@ Melcórë

Whenever Led Zeppelin is caught

plagiarizing, even if other people

have plagiarized from the same

song(s) ? "Thieves of the highest

order!"

One word - jealousy!

Doesn't need practicing to become

'force of habit' - it' natural born,evergrowing menace!

Plagiarism was involved... it's the issue obviously or Holmes wouldn't have a credit now. So Holmes waited 40 years before he took the legal action when originally he tried to settle the issue in the 70's by personally wishing to talk to the powers that be but was ignored. From the 80's on he took it to the court of public opinion & was still ignored by the powers that be. Holmes took it to court & the aftermath is that he has the credit he has publicly stated since the 80's that he wish he had received when he reached out to the Zeppelin camp in the 70's. Don't blame the victim for reaping the rewards of justice but those who purposely stood in justice's way. This was the overwhelming black eye in plagiarism allegations against Zeppelin which thankfully is now resolved.

Sorry, as a classical music fan I cannot let this slander stand. Mozart came before Beethoven. Mozart died in 1791, whereas Beethoven's first works weren't published until around 1793.

Mozart most certainly did not "plagiarize" from Beethoven. From Hayden? Maybe...but not Ludwig van.

I've noticed a couple of mistakes (particularly "guy" for "gut") in my post above - I definitely meant the reverse, that Beethoven "quoted" from Mozart (although most such cases seem to have been quick references to the former's work, and not outright cops). I might have been drunk when I typed that up.

*Shrug*

The song remains the same, for me.

Holmes doesn't have an official credit though. I just checked with ASCAP and it's still credited to Jimmy Page only. It could be the CD credit was a one-off.

Those databases are never up-to-date. That's my line of work and I should know.

Holmes doesn't have an official credit though. I just checked with ASCAP and it's still credited to Jimmy Page only. It could be the CD credit was a one-off.

Those databases are never up-to-date. That's my line of work and I should know.

Checked the "Mastered for iTunes" version - no composers listed. We'll have to wait until the remasters come out to be sure one way or another.

• 1 year later...

Archived