LUCIFER RISING

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

post-5-0-64567800-1331911504.jpg

16 MARCH 2012

A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM JIMMY PAGE

"On March 20th, the Spring Equinox 2012, the title music for Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks will have its premiere and release.

The title music, along with other musical pieces recorded at my home studio in the early Seventies, have been revisited, remixed and released for the first time.

This is a musical diary of avant-garde compositions and experiments, one of which was to appear on the film 'Lucifer Rising'.

The collection has been exhumed and is now ready for public release. This will be available exclusively on the website.

There will be a standard release on heavyweight vinyl.

In addition there will be a special run of 418 numbered copies. The first 93 copies will be signed and numbered.

There are liner notes and commentary to each track. The tracks are:

Side One

1) Lucifer Rising - Main Track

Side Two

1) Incubus

2) Damask

3) Unharmonics

4) Damask - Ambient

5) Lucifer Rising - Percussive Return"

signature1.jpg

Jimmy Page, March 2012

PRICES

There are three versions of Lucifer Rising available:

Standard edition - £20

Deluxe edition - £30

Signed Deluxe edition - £195

HOW TO BUY

'Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks' will be available exclusively from JimmyPage.com at 14:00 GMT (UK time) on Tuesday 20th March 2012.

As with Death Wish II, we anticipate a high volume of traffic to the website on release day and, while we shall provide additional hosting support, we appreciate your patience in advance if JimmyPage.com is slower than normal during this period.

Visit JimmyPage.com at 14:00 GMT on Tuesday 20th March 2012 to buy 'Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks'.

SIGNED AND DELUXE EDITIONS

In addition to the standard release of 'Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks' there will be a Deluxe edition of the album available, limited to just 418 copies. The Deluxe edition is distinguishable from the standard album by its subtle artwork variations and each copy is individually hand-numbered.

Jimmy Page has signed the first 93 copies of the Deluxe edition.

HOW TO BUY A DELUXE EDITION

For fairness, Deluxe and Signed Deluxe editions of 'Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks' will only be available through a pre-registration system in advance of the release day.

On Monday 19th March 2012, JimmyPage.com will randomly select 418 registrants from these lists - 93 from the Signed Deluxe list and 325 from the Deluxe list - to gain exclusive access for 48 hours to purchase the corresponding product.

Those wishing to purchase either a Deluxe or Signed Deluxe edition can register their interest below. Only successful registrants will be able to purchase a Deluxe or Signed Deluxe edition within the 48-hour window. Any remaining Deluxe or Signed Deluxe editions not purchased by successful registrants during this period will then go on general sale at 14:00 GMT on Thursday 22nd March 2012.

PRE-REGISTRATION SYSTEM

1. Register

Register your interest in purchasing a Deluxe or Signed Deluxe edition between now and 23:59 GMT on Sunday 18th March 2012.

Click here to register for a Deluxe edition

(325 available priced £30)

AND

Click here to register for a Signed Deluxe edition

(93 available priced £195)

Please note: You can register for both products - once for the Deluxe edition and once for the Signed Deluxe edition - but duplicate registrations per product, per account will be invalid.

2. Selecting 418 registrants

We will randomly select and email 418 successful registrants by 18:00 GMT on Monday 19th March 2012 to confirm that a Deluxe edition or Signed Deluxe edition of 'Lucifer Rising and Other Sound Tracks' has been reserved for them.

Please note: Due to expected volume it will not be possible to notify unsuccessful registrants.

3. Exclusive 48-hour access

Each successful registrant will automatically be assigned exclusive access for 48 hours to purchase either the Deluxe or Signed Deluxe version of the album in the JimmyPage.com shop and be able to purchase their copy from 14:00 GMT on Tuesday 20th March 2012 until 14:00 GMT on Thursday 22nd March 2012.

Please note: Only successful registrants will be able to gain access to these products during the 48-hour window.

Damn Sam, you beat me to the punch! I just got the e-mail notice from Jimmy 5 minutes ago and was going to see if anyone had posted the news here yet.

Now THIS is what I'm interested in a lot more than the Death Wish II re-release.

I am registered for the deluxe as well. I don't know if it is worth it for the signed copy...

Nothing new? It may be a release of what we already have, but it has been cleaned up for official release. And like swandown said, who knows what is actually on there

I can't find the old album from this, with setlist. Would be interesting to compare this two releases.

This one?

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B0019K3Z3O

As far as why on vinyl, it sounds better to some, it's easier to make a limited number, difficult to reproduce (on vinyl), it's what Jimmy wants. It is 2012 but vinyl has seen a resurgence and sales are picking up and bands are releasing their new music on vinyl.

Why always on vinyl?? I don't have a player for vinyl. We are living in 2012....

I'm with you. By all means do a vinyl release for hard core collectors and audiophiles. But why preclude fans who really want to hear the music and don't have a turntable? It's awesome that Jimmy has opened a window to fans with the website, On This Day, etc. Why put out music that only certain fans can enjoy?

Why always on vinyl?? I don't have a player for vinyl. We are living in 2012....

90% of my friends have a record player...in fact, some buy vinyl only. A turntable is easy to find these days.

I'm with you. By all means do a vinyl release for hard core collectors and audiophiles. But why preclude fans who really want to hear the music and don't have a turntable? It's awesome that Jimmy has opened a window to fans with the website, On This Day, etc. Why put out music that only certain fans can enjoy?

Vinyl can also be ripped to a digital format. I'm glad to see him doing this myself. It's like a huge fuck you to downloads. I'm behind that 100%. By the way, I don't find downloads (or downloading) to be all that bad, especially if they're made available as high resolution (lossless) files. It's the proliferation of mp3's only that I'm not in favor of. Peter Buck of R.E.M. also has plans to release an album on vinyl only. I'm sure fans will find a way to pass the vinyl rip around the same way folks have with the Death Wish II soundtrack. I'm sure the same will hold true of Lucifer Rising. Just be thankful that he's not releasing it on reel-to-reel (as the Shins have done with their latest album), 8-track (as Cheap Trick did with The Latest) or cassette as several bands too numerous to mention have been doing recently. If this causes even one fan to have to invest in a turntable Page will have accomplished a very outstanding deed. The resurgence of vinyl has been happening for a reason. Or, as Shelby Lynne has been quoted as saying, "you can't roll a joint on an iPod".

Vinyl can also be ripped to a digital format. I'm glad to see him doing this myself. It's like a huge fuck you to downloads. I'm behind that 100%. By the way, I don't find downloads (or downloading) to be all that bad, especially if they're made available as high resolution (lossless) files. It's the proliferation of mp3's only that I'm not in favor of. Peter Buck of R.E.M. also has plans to release an album on vinyl only. I'm sure fans will find a way to pass the vinyl rip around the same way folks have with the Death Wish II soundtrack. I'm sure the same will hold true of Lucifer Rising. Just be thankful that he's not releasing it on reel-to-reel (as the Shins have done with their latest album), 8-track (as Cheap Trick did with The Latest) or cassette as several bands too numerous to mention have been doing recently. If this causes even one fan to have to invest in a turntable Page will have accomplished a very outstanding deed. The resurgence of vinyl has been happening for a reason. Or, as Shelby Lynne has been quoted as saying, "you can't roll a joint on an iPod".

I respect your opinion and don't want to be an old crank about it, I agree that vinyl sounds better. I've just spent years building a digital library of tunes. I can take it with me and I can take it in my car, on a plane, etc. I have a young kid and don't really have the time to sit around the house and take in an album right now, so I catch up with music on the go. I don't want Jimmy getting ripped off, but I would love to have the opportunity to buy this on CD so I could listen in my car, on my iPod, etc. It's a bummer.

I can't find the old album from this, with setlist. Would be interesting to compare this two releases.

The 1987 album (which was an unofficial release, copied from an original print of the film) featured 2 tracks of about 11 minutes each, both titled "Lucifer Rising".

It looks like the new album combines those 2 tracks for Side 1, while Side 2 features previously unreleased home demos.

I respect your opinion and don't want to be an old crank about it, I agree that vinyl sounds better. I've just spent years building a digital library of tunes. I can take it with me and I can take it in my car, on a plane, etc. I have a young kid and don't really have the time to sit around the house and take in an album right now, so I catch up with music on the go. I don't want Jimmy getting ripped off, but I would love to have the opportunity to buy this on CD so I could listen in my car, on my iPod, etc. It's a bummer.

From what I understand, there are digital files available now with a higher bit rate which exceed the sound quality of vinyl. For instance, the deluxe edition of Steve Earle's last album, I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive came with a DVD that gives you access to those files. More and more artists are doing this but not enough to make it the industry standard (which it should be). The casual music consumer could care less about sound quality, that's why mp3's are the dominant format. One thing Page could do would be to include a download code card with the vinyl that gives fans access to files in a variety of formats from mp3's to the high bit-rate files I previously mentioned. More and more artists who release albums on vinyl are doing this as well but I'm guessing Page is trying to combat piracy by making it a bit more difficult to share by releasing this album (and the Death Wish II soundtrack) on vinyl only. Like I said, I'm sure someone will rip it to mp3 but still, I like the message he's sending. More and more artists should do vinyl only releases.

From what I understand, there are digital files available now with a higher bit rate which exceed the sound quality of vinyl. For instance, the deluxe edition of Steve Earle's last album, I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive came with a DVD that gives you access to those files. More and more artists are doing this but not enough to make it the industry standard (which it should be). The casual music consumer could care less about sound quality, that's why mp3's are the dominant format. One thing Page could do would be to include a download code card with the vinyl that gives fans access to files in a variety of formats from mp3's to the high bit-rate files I previously mentioned. More and more artists who release albums on vinyl are doing this as well but I'm guessing Page is trying to combat piracy by making it a bit more difficult to share by releasing this album (and the Death Wish II soundtrack) on vinyl only. Like I said, I'm sure someone will rip it to mp3 but still, I like the message he's sending. More and more artists should do vinyl only releases.

I saw a recent interview with Neil Young where he said this was a pet project of his and he was actually working on it with Steve Jobs. He pointed out that Steve Jobs always listened to vinyl at home, which says it all, doesn't it? :-)

I agree with you Jahfin. Personally I will be ripping my copy, deluxe or standard, for my own portable listening pleasure. Much like I am doing with my entire vinyl collection, ripping in the highest possible resolution from freshly washed albums. I think that hosting multiple file type downloads would take too much space and bandwidth. And to combat simple piracy they would have to be DRM protected. But still ,it is totally possible, and would be a nice alternative.

The most common bootleg edition (The blue vinyl one on Boleskine House Records) has no track listing.

According to the Luis Rey book the two tracks/sides are called Lucifer Rising and The Light Bearer.

I don't have my old boot copy handy(buried in storage) but judging from the track listing, this official Lucifer Rising release will have much more additional music.

I'm looking forward to this...you'll get no gripes from me.

No offense but 90% of your friends is not a representative sample.

No offense taken. Even though my friends cover a wide range of social-economic, gender, racial, educational, political, sexual and geographical backgrounds, the one trait they all share is that they are passionate about music.

So they're not representative of society at large, as most of society will swallow whatever the corporations will feed them.

But if you're passionate about music, you either never got rid of your vinyl and turntable to begin with, or you reinvested in them once you heard how inferior the early generation cds were...or if you're a Millennial baby, mp3s and downloads.

Yes, it is 2012...which means the resurgence in vinyl is NOT NEW. By my reckoning, it has been going on at least 10 years now, when Classic put out their Led Zeppelin vinyl releases and bands such as Radiohead and Stereolab released their new albums on vinyl as well as cd.

In fact, vinyl never really went away...before digital dj programs, djs needed vinyl to spin for parties/raves and for backing up rappers.

In an ironic twist, it is actually the rise of mp3s and downloading that helped bring vinyl back while at the same time killing the CD market.

The cool kids with ipods and such have realized that they would like a physical manifestation of the music they like. CDs are only marginally better than downloaded files, so kids are saying if I'm going to buy a physical object, better to get it in the best sound quality and with the complete album artwork...that being vinyl records. Whenever I go to Amoeba Records, there are as many people browsing the vinyl racks as there are the cd section...sometimes more.

The romance of records is back, helped along by kids who are passionate about their music collection. Just as their elders were in the 60s and 70s.

post-1470-0-43524000-1331925568.jpg

post-1470-0-57822600-1331925690.jpg

Archived