LUCIFER RISING

sam_webmaster

I feel that it is unfortunate that so many of Jimmy's new products, whether that be his book or these new releases, are out of many fan's price range.

Agreed about the book. I really wanted it, 'registered my interest' with Genesis Publications and everything, then the price came out.....

I received the email letting me know I was "picked" to be able to buy the signed deluxe set too. I was on the fence as it's not exactly cheap. Then, last night on the Biography channel, the Led Zeppelin bio was on (Not very good either. They didn't even use any Zep music!)

Nevertheless, I took that as a sign. I went ahead and bought it.

:)

...very happy for you, I must admit, I will stop reading these posts, as I was not "chosen/picked", thus not privileged "purposely" perhaps?, I have and will remain as an ardent fan with loving tribute to Page...I simply cannot convince myself of the reason over and above the Random Rule for being chosen...if there is such thing...

I received the email letting me know I was "picked" to be able to buy the signed deluxe set too. I was on the fence as it's not exactly cheap. Then, last night on the Biography channel, the Led Zeppelin bio was on (Not very good either. They didn't even use any Zep music!)

Nevertheless, I took that as a sign. I went ahead and bought it.

:)

That would be because the band wouldn't have authorised the use of their songs for the doco.

That would be because the band wouldn't have authorised the use of their songs for the doco.

Very true as it is with those numerous documentaries that are available over on Amazon about the band.

Best of luck with the job search and interview process Tom! :thumbsup:

Only if he behaves himself. :P

Who, me? :shifty:

Seriously, my luck on these internet things is practically nil...didn't get chosen during the O2 reunion ticket scramble and now this. Shut out again.

Oh well...

Who, me? :shifty:

Seriously, my luck on these internet things is practically nil...didn't get chosen during the O2 reunion ticket scramble and now this. Shut out again.

Oh well...

Look on the bright side, you'll be saving some cash!

Agreed about the book. I really wanted it, 'registered my interest' with Genesis Publications and everything, then the price came out.....

Hi April Lynn,

I see you are currently in England, so this may be of some help to you, with regard to the book. I arranged for a copy of it to be put into the British Library in London - I had notified the members on this site about this a good whlle before you joined up. The BL definitely received it. If you are able to get to the BL (it is in Central London), then you will be able to access it on a 'reference only' basis. That would allow you to see the contents in their entirety. The BL told me anyone who wants to access it, should phone or email them prior to making the journey, in order to reserve the book.

My own view is that the 'ordinary' versions of 'Lucifer Rising' are probably affordable to most, but I feel that £195 is steep for the signed copy. It is like charging £165 for your autograph. Many diehard fans are being left out by this. :drinks:

remaining deluxe editions are available on the website

No longer available. I just tried (out of stock)

Standard editions of LR are available as is Death Wish ( I ordered both ) I have the original DW II release and the LR score on album (with "strawberries" - engraved on side A and "Happy" - engraved on side B) This will be an updated edition to my collection :)

remaining deluxe editions are available on the website

No longer available. I just tried (out of stock)

Argh the e-mail said they'd be available at 2pm GMT, but when I checked at 2:14 they wern't there so I assumed everyone who registered bought them. I could've had one?! Weak!

Jimmy has missed a great opportunity to release LR as a collection of new music BASED on or originating from the LR Soundtrack.

Imagine some unknown vocalists and some talented world musicians getting together and recording new "songs" and instrmentals

with Jimmy using the LR theme as their inspiration?

Why does Jimmy give "re-birth" to old conceptual works and add little or nothing to their concepts after 30 years?

Another missed opportunity to surprise us all with, of all things, "creativity"!

Jimmy has missed a great opportunity to release LR as a collection of new music BASED on or originating from the LR Soundtrack.

Imagine some unknown vocalists and some talented world musicians getting together and recording new "songs" and instrmentals

with Jimmy using the LR theme as their inspiration?

Why does Jimmy give "re-birth" to old conceptual works and add little or nothing to their concepts after 30 years?

Another missed opportunity to surprise us all with, of all things, "creativity"!

As much as I'd love to hear something new I'm glad he put out the original. And he's been so creative throughout his career I think we can give him a pass even if he never creates again. Not a bad idea though.

Can somone pls explain the Standard Release a bit more in detail?

How is the Artwork Different? Linear Notes of Each Track by Page included or Not?

any other detail missing? (aside from Deluxe being hand printed numbers)

Thank you...

I bought one yesterday as well! After I didn't get picked I was keen to get one when they went on general release so I stuck to the computer until 14:00 GMT and ordered one as soon as they appeared on the website. Proper happy I was (and still am apparently^^)

Hi April Lynn,

I see you are currently in England, so this may be of some help to you, with regard to the book. I arranged for a copy of it to be put into the British Library in London - I had notified the members on this site about this a good whlle before you joined up. The BL definitely received it. If you are able to get to the BL (it is in Central London), then you will be able to access it on a 'reference only' basis. That would allow you to see the contents in their entirety. The BL told me anyone who wants to access it, should phone or email them prior to making the journey, in order to reserve the book.

My own view is that the 'ordinary' versions of 'Lucifer Rising' are probably affordable to most, but I feel that £195 is steep for the signed copy. It is like charging £165 for your autograph. Many diehard fans are being left out by this. :drinks:

Oh my god that is so cool! So you bought one just so everyone could see it?! That's legit the nicest thing I've ever heard!

I'm staying in Cornwall so London's a bit of a mission but I'll definitely try and let you know how I get on. :)

Thank you!

April

Oh my god that is so cool! So you bought one just so everyone could see it?! That's legit the nicest thing I've ever heard!

I'm staying in Cornwall so London's a bit of a mission but I'll definitely try and let you know how I get on. :)

Thank you!

April

Ha ha! You misread his post. He didn't buy one for everyone to see. He forced Genesis to respect british law and give a copy to the british library...

Ha ha! You misread her post. She didn't buy one for everyone to see. She forced Genesis to respect british law and give a copy to the british library...

Oh! Haha whoopsie! I don't know British Law! Either way I'm still gonna try to see it and I'm still excited :P

Archived