LUCIFER RISING

sam_webmaster

Hi April Lynn

Hecube is right. It is a legal requirement in Britain that a copy of each book published in the UK is deposited free of charge with the British Library. I noticed that Genesis Publications had not fulfilled their legal obligation, and pursued the matter.

Here is the link for the BL http://www.bl.uk/. Entrance is free. Before you go, check the site for their id requirements (e.g. take your passport, proof of address in order to gain entry etc).

I would dearly have loved to have bought a copy for everyone to access, but like so many other lifelong LZ fans, I am finding that the products coming from Jimmy's camp are a bit too expensive for my finances.

Anyway, if you do go to see the book, come back to the site, and let me/us know how you got on. :thumbsup:

Hi April Lynn

Hecube is right. It is a legal requirement in Britain that a copy of each book published in the UK is deposited free of charge with the British Library. I noticed that Genesis Publications had not fulfilled their legal obligation, and pursued the matter.

Here is the link for the BL http://www.bl.uk/. Entrance is free. Before you go, check the site for their id requirements (e.g. take your passport, proof of address in order to gain entry etc).

I would dearly have loved to have bought a copy for everyone to access, but like so many other lifelong LZ fans, I am finding that the products coming from Jimmy's camp are a bit too expensive for my finances.

Anyway, if you do go to see the book, come back to the site, and let me/us know how you got on. :thumbsup:

That's really clever, I never would've known that. Do you know if this had to come out of the numbered copies or was it separate?

Sorry I didn't get what you meant at first, and I don't blame you they're really pricey...I'm a bit slow sometimes!

Thanks for all the info on the BL. Wonder if I could get away with bringin a handheld scanner in?..... :shifty:

Thanks again, April

That's really clever, I never would've known that. Do you know if this had to come out of the numbered copies or was it separate?

Sorry I didn't get what you meant at first, and I don't blame you they're really pricey...I'm a bit slow sometimes!

Thanks for all the info on the BL. Wonder if I could get away with bringin a handheld scanner in?..... :shifty:

Thanks again, April

April

I don't think it came out of the numbered copies. It is my understanding that when the contents were sent to the binders, extra copies were sent in case the binders made a mess of binding some. Also, Genesis themselves had to have copies for their own archives.

With regard to the question of hand held scanner, email them. I doubt they will allow this, but you never know. At the same time, you could ask them what they would allow in the way of copying, if you tell them the size of the volume. I wanted pages photocopied from a very heavy volume of Country Life magazine held at my nearest reference library for one of our members (SteveAJones) and the library insisted that they were done by their reprographic department, rather than by me in case I broke the glass on the photocopier!!!

Has anyone received their copy yet? I know it said it could take over a month but as soon as other Americans start getting theirs I'm going to start getting excited.

April

I don't think it came out of the numbered copies. It is my understanding that when the contents were sent to the binders, extra copies were sent in case the binders made a mess of binding some. Also, Genesis themselves had to have copies for their own archives.

With regard to the question of hand held scanner, email them. I doubt they will allow this, but you never know. At the same time, you could ask them what they would allow in the way of copying, if you tell them the size of the volume. I wanted pages photocopied from a very heavy volume of Country Life magazine held at my nearest reference library for one of our members (SteveAJones) and the library insisted that they were done by their reprographic department, rather than by me in case I broke the glass on the photocopier!!!

Yeah probably best to ask them and do things the right way. Thanks, April

Has anyone received their copy yet? I know it said it could take over a month but as soon as other Americans start getting theirs I'm going to start getting excited.

Over a month?! :o

Yeah up to 5 days of processing and up to 28 days to ship it said. I'm leaving town for a few weeks this weekend so mine will probably be waiting for me when I get back. Again, just my luck. lol It'll get here and I won't be here for a few weeks to listen to it.

Yeah up to 5 days of processing and up to 28 days to ship it said. I'm leaving town for a few weeks this weekend so mine will probably be waiting for me when I get back. Again, just my luck. lol It'll get here and I won't be here for a few weeks to listen to it.

Just a heads up, according to his website..."all items require a signature in order to be delivered." So I'm guessing that means someone will have to sign for it. I didn't know it might take a month...why so long?

"My own view is that the 'ordinary' versions of 'Lucifer Rising' are probably affordable to most, but I feel that £195 is steep for the signed copy. It is like charging £165 for your autograph"

i agree, i bought the standard version only. i don't reckon it's worth 130 quid just to have jimmy's signature on it, in fact i think its a rip off

i gather jimmy rarely signs things these days because of e bay touts, which is cool, except all he'd done is turn himself into a signature seller, at a very high price too. is that any better really? dies he need the money, and does he need to have his signature out there in the market place? no. the man is out of ideas and turning into a living elvis merchandise mockery

what next, autographed tea towels, cups and alarm clocks?

Since it was never officially released, I imagine he wanted to give some of his fans the opportunity to own it. I seriously doubt recasting it as you see fit ever crossed his mind.

It MUST have crossed his mind, he is aware of the need to release new music. That being said, he chose to release a "modified" version of the original

soundtrack. Modified but not really "new".

I have an increased backlash of frustration each time Jimmy "re-hashes" old material to make it seem new and relevant. I love the man and I know he has more under his

Hat then he's been giving us lately. I'm tired and irritated by this re-marketing of Jimmy's hey-day material.

He is better than this, he is my Hero and yet he cloaks himself in dusty old capes that he claims are new and fresh....

Thank you Robert, but he just never listened to you.

Just a heads up, according to his website..."all items require a signature in order to be delivered." So I'm guessing that means someone will have to sign for it. I didn't know it might take a month...why so long?

I wish I knew why so long. Probably takes awhile for stuff to be shipped in and out of the USA because of the terrorist attacks through the mail we've had. And I'm good on the signature since mine has been ordered to someone else's address. Someone should be available there. If for some reason they aren't I wonder what happens to it. Do they try and deliver it again the next day or send it back?

I wish I knew why so long. Probably takes awhile for stuff to be shipped in and out of the USA because of the terrorist attacks through the mail we've had. And I'm good on the signature since mine has been ordered to someone else's address. Someone should be available there. If for some reason they aren't I wonder what happens to it. Do they try and deliver it again the next day or send it back?

They will leave a receipt and you will have to pick it up at the post office. They will try to deliver again a few days later but I suspect you won't wait. ;)

I believe that the post office will hold it for 15 days and then return it to the sender. That might just be for mail sent within the us, I have no idea. I thought the delay might be because of customs....but that doesn't take a month. It's only been a week and at his website it still says "Payment Received" so...I guess another few weeks. Oh well, plenty of time for me to get my record player sounding good again.

Mabye...but for almost $20 shipping I'd expect it to be faster than a month. Whatever...it'll get here. Hopefully.

I know what you mean.

It especially irks me when cheaper methods of shipping are available to online stores/vendors, but they seem to pad out the amount by using ridiculously priced methods.

Has Page ever just plainly stated his views on religion? I'm always hearing things and every knows he was (is?) into the occult. Does he really believe in the stuff or is it just an interest? Not that it really matters to be honest but I do wonder what he himself has to say about it all.

Has Page ever just plainly stated his views on religion? I'm always hearing things and every knows he was (is?) into the occult. Does he really believe in the stuff or is it just an interest? Not that it really matters to be honest but I do wonder what he himself has to say about it all.

Some stuff in this thread. The fact that it was released on the Spring Equinox and the numbers...and that he has admitted to preforming rituals, I would say he does believe in it.

Been looking around a bit and not seeing anything by Jimmy. I found some crazy site that says he worships Satan (which Satanists do not do) and that Zoso is the mark of the beast from the Bible. Another place says he was carrying around Escape From Reason by Francis Schaffer (a Christian philosopher). A few places are saying he's a Republican. He has 5 kids. I found a funny site (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Led_Zeppelin_%28Christian_Band%29). Quite a few people are saying Satan wrote Stairway To Heaven. Also allegedly the piper is Satan and he invented music. The lady is also Satan. Actually I think every word means Satan. Translated lyrics to STH: Satan Satan Satan Satan Satan Satan Satan. lol Also the Battle Of Evermore is suppose to be the book of Revelation. Also I would like to add that the ONLY resource the Christian sites use is Hammer Of The Gods.

Found this quote I like too:

“If I ever really felt depressed, I would just start putting on all my old records that I played as a kid, because the whole thing that really lifted me then still lifted me during those other times. It was good medicine for me, and it still does that for me when I put something on. Isn’t it wonderful that we’ve got all that good medicine? I think it’s got to be all part of our DNA, this mass communication through music. That’s what it is. It’s got to be, hasn’t it? Music is the one thing that has been consistently there for me. It hasn’t let me down.”

Nothing but chaos. Nothing black and white in my eyes.

Archived