Tampa, Florida 5th May 1973

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

Tampa, Florida 5th May 1973

56,800 people were there, setting the record at the time for the biggest audience for a single artist performance. Do you recognize yourself or anyone you know in the first few rows of the photo? Click below to join the Facebook chat.

post-5-0-15061500-1332369952.jpg

Led Zeppelin Official Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...131572223581891

Hi SuperDave! :wave:

Frustrating isn't it. Even though I saw them and it forever changed me seeing a band live, I look at this photo and think how great it would have been to be in that crowd, especially those up front!!

Hi SuperDave! :wave:

Frustrating isn't it. Even though I saw them and it forever changed me seeing a band live, I look at this photo and think how great it would have been to be in that crowd, especially those up front!!

The memories you have must be amazing. Well at least I saw Page/Plant several times and Robert and Jimmy numerous times on their own. Some great memories too, but wish I had seen the ultimate!

^^ See, you have me beat there. Can you imagine I had tickets not just once...but TWICE for Page/Plant and had to travel for work, so I gave them to friends who I knew would enjoy it. Literally about killed me...sitting in a hotel room those nights knowing what I had missed :wall:

Tampa Stadium was usually GA on the field. You would think there would be a tape of that show out somewhere.....

There is...I've had a boot of this show for years. It's called "Top of the World".

• 5 months later...

I was at the show. So were many of my friends. I was 15 at the time. A friend of mine is in the first 2 or 3 rows. I will have to look very carefully for him. Me? I was off to the right of the photo about half way up the pic on the ground. We at first sat in the bleachers and saw Zep arrive in their limos. They all waved at the crowd that could see them. The concert started at 8:15. The local DJ (from the USF radio station, The Underground Railroad) was MC. Still remember his words..."Ladies and gentleman, what more can I say, Led Zeppelin!! And Zep head, can I pm you as well?

Jeff

• 5 months later...

^^ See, you have me beat there. Can you imagine I had tickets not just once...but TWICE for Page/Plant and had to travel for work, so I gave them to friends who I knew would enjoy it. Literally about killed me...sitting in a hotel room those nights knowing what I had missed :wall:

Some things in life are worth getting fired for, Robert & Jimmy on a stage performing together is one of them; at least you saw the real deal! :D

Holy shit thats a lot of people,...broke the Beatles attendance record easily.Looks like a scene out of Woodstock

Yes, it was a lot of people! I saw some friends I went to school with in the picture, but it didn't seem as crowded as it looks.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Archived