LZ songs just you don't like...

DragonTelecaster

Perhaps but when I listen to In Through the Out Door, I'm not suddenly reminded of "Dancing Queen" or any other Abba songs for that matter. I've also never considered "Pop" to be a dirty word so that may play into my opinion as well. That, and I've never knocked In Through the Out Door in the manner that I've seen it criticized here (and to think, people are still bitching about the early Rolling Stone reviews). Bands must evolve or die and In Through the Out Door is the sound of a very vital band working through some very difficult internal conflicts as well as coping with an ever changing musical climate. I guess some people would have been content with them repeating Led Zeppelin II for eternity, I'm not one of them. I loved that record when it was released and I love it in 2012. It may not be my favorite Zeppelin record (that honor goes to Presence), nor is it the pockmark on their career that so many make it out to be. To me, it's the sound of a band in flux and coming out victorious on the other side.

That's really well said. In Through the Out Door was new when I became a fan. I respected how they evolved, while keeping a phenomenal sense of power and dynamics. It showed real balls. I think Jimmy had mixed feelings about the album because it was Jonesy's album more than his, but he just wasn't able to be "there" at the time. The synthesizers showed an ability to adapt, and Zep and the Who had been dabbling with them since the beginning of the 70s anyway.... And for those of us who were there, it's not as if the pop crowd liked Zeppelin anymore because of the synthesizers in Carouselambra. The song is still amazing, a real sign of their artistic growth and their rock core.

Stairway to Heaven. Great and Epic Song . But like Deep Purple´s "Smoke on the Water" played to death. Same shit with Frank Zappa and "Bobby Brown". I am a very huge Zappa Fan, but I go nuts if I hear that one. And funny is, that everybody knows that and only that song

Stairway to Heaven. Great and Epic Song . But like Deep Purple´s "Smoke on the Water" played to death. Same shit with Frank Zappa and "Bobby Brown". I am a very huge Zappa Fan, but I go nuts if I hear that one. And funny is, that everybody knows that and only that song

What about - Brown Shoes Don't Make It?

The Idiot Bastard Son

He's So Gay, to name a few of hundeds.

D'yer Mak'er.......now that aint right

There is a quote from JPJ about D'yer Maker in Barney Hoskyns "Trampled Underfoot" Where he says he and Bonzo hated it. Bonzo would only play the same shuffle beat all the way through, the whole point of reggae is that the drums and the bass have to be be very strict at what they play. So because Bonzo gave it such little effort it sounded dreadful.

Going through this thread, it appears as if some are taking this thread title literally and some figuratively...;)

If the Coda album counts, then basically the whole original version of the album, minus We're Gonna Groove and I Can't Quit You Baby.

South Bound Saurez, I'm Gonna Crawl from ITTOD.

IIRC, there isn't any other album that had songs on it that seemingly had no redeeming qualities. Led Zeppelin was the ultimate all killer/no filler band, as I'm sure you're all aware of.

Like this post.

I don't listen to Rain Song often 'coz it takes me to a place that is hard to get out of

I dislike zero Zep songs. Nary a bad one in the whole catalog. Sure some are just ok, but they are still good tunes to me . The ones I listen to the least are :

The Crunge

Hats Off...

Rain Song

• 3 weeks later...

I loved everything they did up until ITTOD. There is not one song on there i actually like which was a hell of a shock to the system! I remember playing it again and again desperately trying to find something to latch onto. Just doesn't sound like the band i once knew. Sorry!

only song i flat out dont like is tea for one. theres a couple others im not crazy about but still can enjoy them. tea for one? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. sounds like an awful imitation of since ive been loving you.

Not as bad as I'm Gonna Crawl! Fell asleep listening to it - sooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring! :zzz:

I hate the tone of the guitar on the studio version of Dancing Days, yet I love that song live

I feel the opposite. Live, I think it is rather lumbering.

But this clearly means you don't dislike the song, so I don't think you should have posted here. IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Album by album:

I: You Shook Me (although I think the studio version of I Can't Quit You Baby pales in comparison to the RAH show)

II: nothing

III: Hats off to Roy Harper

IV: nothing

HOTH: D'yer Mak'er

PG: nothing

Presence: nothing I "dislike" but the only songs I'm really nuts about are Achilles, Candy Store Rock, For Your Life and Nobody's Fault but Mine. The rest don't really do it for me.

ITTOD: Hot Dog, the last third of Carouselambra, All My Love

Hats Off: I used to hate, but no more. Actually, is great. Not a classic, but great. So unique.

Down By The Seaside: some parts are boring, ruining the song.

Night Flight / Boogie With Stu / Black Country Woman / Poor Tom: just irrelevant.

Tea For One: awesome intro, suddenly turns to disappointing, seems a weak version of SIBLY. Good solo, anyway.

Archived