Custard Pie, one song I would wish to have seen

He did sing a snatch of it during his solo tour back in 1987 or 1988...at the end of one of his songs. Could have been "Tall Cool One." Jimmy Page did it during his Outrider Tour and with the Black Crowes....of course there are probably no mannerisms to observe.

I wish Led Zeppelin would have played Custard Pie live because I would really be interested in seeing Robert’s mannerisms throughout the song… its all such a clever innuendo

I would like to hear their live attempts at this song for both the '75 and '77 US Tours, as they reportedly ran through this song for inclusion in their live set in preparation for both tours. Have to believe Jimmy recorded at least some of those rehearsals!!!

I have a live version of Custard Pie that came on one of those Physical Graffiti outtake cd's that came out in the late 1990's. There is no info on the disc about the track, I just assumed it was Plant solo or Page Plant performing the song. It is in great quality sound as well as a good performance in my opinion. Would have been killer in 75 or 77. Northstar.

Exactly my point of view.............he overstrains it quite a lot, I have no clue how many times they played it but it makes it quite clear why it was logical to drop it from their performance.

(Might be the only performance ever, although he put in pieces of the piece into Tall Cool One indeed)

wasn't done

bout the rarest oddities you'll find from that era would be the wanton song and when the levee breaks

Yes, and yes - it's too bad that so few tapes exist of these two songs being performed live - and the AUD sources that do exist are pretty bad (Brussels and Chicago, both Jan '75).

Yes, and yes - it's too bad that so few tapes exist of these two songs being performed live - and the AUD sources that do exist are pretty bad (Brussels and Chicago, both Jan '75).

thats why i'm hoping chicago will be the next soundboard to be released :)

Archived